Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (August 2022) Cox_ba12

TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (August 2022) Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by Kim Today at 6:17 am

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by F4D Phantom II Yesterday at 7:00 pm

» World's largest weathervane
by Cox International Yesterday at 5:51 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:27 pm

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:50 am

» Norvel Needle Needed
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 4:02 am

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Wed May 08, 2024 11:41 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Wed May 08, 2024 7:26 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Wed May 08, 2024 7:04 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by HalfaDave Wed May 08, 2024 6:55 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Wed May 08, 2024 1:30 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Wed May 08, 2024 8:21 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (August 2022) Empty
Live on Patrol

TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (August 2022)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Choose the next engine of the month!

TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (August 2022) Vote_lcap37%TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (August 2022) Vote_rcap 37% 
[ 11 ]
TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (August 2022) Vote_lcap33%TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (August 2022) Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 10 ]
TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (August 2022) Vote_lcap17%TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (August 2022) Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 5 ]
TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (August 2022) Vote_lcap13%TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (August 2022) Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 30

Poll closed

TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (August 2022) Empty TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (August 2022)

Post  Admin Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:11 am

We have a tiebreaker poll between pictures 1, 3, 6 and 10! Our first four-way tie!  Popcorn  Poll will only run for 3 days!  Beer Cheers

Open to active members (30 posts or more).

picture not loading, contact the admin if you can read this text
"Cox Tee Dee .010 r/c"

"An .020 Gets Some Test Stand Time"

"Oldie but a goodie"

RC Plane

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (August 2022) Empty Re: TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (August 2022)

Post  GallopingGhostler Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:38 am

In past, I've seen the usual "2" to choose from, but a 4 way split? Shocked This is a first! Computer Issues lol!
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (August 2022) Empty Re: TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (August 2022)

Post  MauricioB Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:49 pm

WAAAUUUU!!!! Very Happy Small Cox Logo Small Cox Logo

TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (August 2022) Cc10

MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Ada99 Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:59 pm

I think picture 3 is the same one that won the April 2021 engine of the month…

=Adrian=
Ada99
Ada99
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:07 pm

Ada99 wrote:I think picture 3 is the same one that won the April 2021 engine of the month…

=Adrian=

...and it's just a shiny and pretty now as it was back then.... I don't think that's against the rules. ??Admin?
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:04 pm

Doh! I knew I thought that picture looked familiar, although members resubmit their pictures multiple months in a row so I usually don't overthink it. I'd prefer members submit new pictures after one has won, but it's not against the rules as they are currently written. Huh...

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:19 pm

TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (August 2022) Scree113
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:36 pm

uijjaaaa!!!....we are all in the race!!, nobody has fallen!...this vote is very funny!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (August 2022) Tt10

MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:00 am

Sobre la sabiduría y humor del vaquero, hay una broma humorística a mostrar, pero leer mejor aparte de este foro.
Regarding cowboy wisdom and humor, there is a humorous joke to illustrate, but best read apart from this forum. Very Happy

https://stunthanger.com/smf/open-forum/humor-section/msg642255/#msg642255
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  sosam117 Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:35 am

Marleysky wrote:
Ada99 wrote:I think picture 3 is the same one that won the April 2021 engine of the month…

=Adrian=

...and it's just a shiny and pretty now as it was back then.... I don't think that's against the rules.  ??Admin?

That is why I voted for number 1 because it has not won like number 3 has.
Rules need to be changed. If that engine has won, it cannot win again?

There are plenty of Cox engines out there.
At least wait another year before posting the same engine/photo? Lest we forget by then?
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:53 am

I too like GGs suggestions.

I did not remember this engine had previously one

I will gladly withdraw from this month and concede to engine #1 being the monthly winner
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:52 am

fredvon4 wrote:I too like GGs suggestions. I did not remember this engine had previously one. I will gladly withdraw from this month and concede to engine #1 being the monthly winner
Fred, I figured that you may have not known, because it has been at least 16 months ago. But, there were no rules against before. So, I think that by @Admin 's awareness we may see in future a slight change in rules, so that at least the photos that won will be disallowed for future contests. This may include the monthly winners as well.

Until now, an honest "gentleman's mistake" was made. By clarifying the rules may help to allow for others a chance to give their engine photos a shot, no matter how simple, etc.

I've used Mother's Mag and Aluminum Polish before, but never got a mirror gloss like yours. Very Happy
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:28 am

fredvon4 wrote:I too like GGs suggestions.

I did not remember this engine had previously one

I will gladly withdraw from this month and concede to engine #1 being the monthly winner

Fred, do not withdraw, no rules infringement any Very Happy
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:00 am

Levent Suberk wrote:
I too like GGs suggestions. I did not remember this engine had previously one. I will gladly withdraw from this month and concede to engine #1 being the monthly winner
Censored , do not withdraw, no rules infringement any Very Happy
@Admin may say, "Well that is nice Censored , but let's do it anyway!" Very Happy  I feel no harm done. I believe that good has occurred, and the engine contests will work out even better in the future. Smile

For those who can't wait to win the prized Black Lynx .049, I believe that buying one of these is a real treat to be had. Matt has provided these at a very reasonable price for the performance it provides, perk up that CL proto racer or RC plane. Thumbs Up

Last edited by GallopingGhostler on Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:23 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Removed personally identifiable info (PII), Fred, you'd know! :D)
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:10 am

You are right, but It's not nice to have these arguments because of Fred's photo. Rule changing arguments can be done without mentioning a forum member's name. Neutral
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:20 am

Levent Suberk wrote:You are right, but It's not nice to have these arguments because of Fred's photo. Rule changing arguments can be done without mentioning a forum member's name. Neutral
This is why I started a new thread (did you read it? Huh... ), Fred is one tough dude, war vet, been there, lived to talk about it. I really appreciate Fred's contributions on this forum. He is a good sport, I see no harm done.

Plus, the benefit of keeping this thead going, is that it bumps the thread to the top, so more people can vote! Very Happy
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:56 am

hello guys, as said, no one has violated any rules, if after this, the rules change, then it will be after this.
This vote in particular is one of the most active, because we came with little participation and somehow it seems that more members were interested in participating. That's great.
Let's go ahead and have fun, at least that happens to me.
The truth is that more people are participating and that is good for the forum, therefore for all of us!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:21 am

Hey guys this forum is all about fun and sincere camaraderie

I never did collect The Prize....and I am the guy that would gift back any prize for increased CEF participation

I am a pure thinker in so much as I tend to believe in the SPIRIT of most rules.... fact is this engine won before...I am 100% OK with another WINNER

That said, I prefer each month Photo essay contest be one well presented photo and no yak yak about it, or any other entry...a pure beauty contest

fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:16 am

TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (August 2022) Wehave11
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:50 pm

fredvon4 wrote:Hey guys this forum is all about fun and sincere camaraderie. I never did collect The Prize....and I am the guy that would gift back any prize for increased CEF participation. I am a pure thinker in so much as I tend to believe in the SPIRIT of most rules.... fact is this engine won before...I am 100% OK with another WINNER.
Fred, this is why I said you are a good sport. I see a lot of the good NCO training in your life, focus on team building and trust. Until the recent nonsense against good military practices, I really loved my time in the service.

fredvon4 wrote:That said, I prefer each month Photo essay contest be one well presented photo and no yak yak about it, or any other entry...a pure beauty contest.
It is a beauty contest ... I provided another thread for discussion:

https://www.coxengineforum.com/t16550-review-revise-engine-of-the-month-submission-rules
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:11 am

After all that drama, we have a WINNER!!!  cheers  Congratulations to MauricioB and his  "Cox Tee Dee .010 r/c"

A lot of great submissions this month, plus Fred got reaffirmed that his finely polished .049 is indeed a favorite among the group.  Laughing

TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (August 2022) 1_maur14

I'll have the pic up shortly.  RC Plane

Also, next month will see some updates to the rules.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:37 am

Admin wrote:After all that drama, we have a WINNER!!!  cheers  Congratulations to MauricioB and his  "Cox Tee Dee .010 r/c"
Good going, Mauricio! Thumbs Up

Admin wrote:A lot of great submissions this month, plus Fred got reaffirmed that his finely polished .049 is indeed a favorite among the group.  Laughing
I still don't know how Fred spit shined his Corcoran jump boot Bee. Very Happy

Admin wrote:Also, next month will see some updates to the rules.
Looking forward to even a better contest. Eyebrows I Love This Forum!
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:10 am

TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (August 2022) Cox_aw10
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:20 am

The result is wonderful news for me, I am very happy and I want to express why I feel this way.
You can see a photo, you can see something you like and choose it or discard it, but I want you to know that behind the photo and I speak as an author, I am expressing something wonderful there.
The Cox .010 is an amazingly beautiful Cox piece, the idea of ​​being able to have control of the motor was what made me think over and over how to do it right.
The process had to be something that didn't radically change the engine, and that even if one removed the throttle ring, the cylinder would look nice and healthy, like nothing had been touched there.
It was then that it occurred to me to invent the “false shirt” and I got down to work. It was a process that I thought over and over again before touching the engine, because if something goes wrong it can ruin the engine permanently and it's something I really wouldn't forgive myself for, it's not about the cost but about the feeling, damaging it would do me a lot of damage.
When I got down to business, and definitely removed and modified the original cylinder, I knew it was a NO return trip, so now was the time for no regrets, well the pieces are very small in there, every metal rubs against the cutting tool. It made me sweat, but everything was perfect and even more so when I saw the operating result, I had achieved it, I had control of the engine through a self-made system that did not really alter the original engine, I felt and still feel happy. Believe me folks, it's amazing to play with a Cox .010 and be able to speed it up and slow it down.
For all this, a photo is just a record of an image, but behind that image there is a lot of work that went well. Here in my country there is practically no way to get an extra piece, so taking the risk was important to me.
For all this mentioned above, I want to thank those who voted for my photo, well thank you, it is a way to encourage others to do so and enjoy their engine with throttle control.
Thanks to everyone who participates and makes this forum unique and beautiful!
TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (August 2022) 20220720
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:48 am

Congratulations! I voted for the TD.010 per the throttle sleeve add.
True micro RC IC that can be enjoyed with many projects.

Small Cox Logo Thumbs Up

1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next