Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Browsing the net for early articles on COX.. Cox_ba12

Browsing the net for early articles on COX.. Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by roddie Today at 2:48 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Today at 12:38 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by Admin Today at 10:31 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by GTO455 Today at 8:11 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 7:29 am

» Post your Older books
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:51 pm

» EXTREMELY RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "BLACK WIDOW" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» I brake for Turtles....
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:38 pm

» Ball - Socket Joints
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:06 pm

» A little nostalgia…
by MauricioB Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» A new useful transport vehicle
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 10:32 am

» TAPLIN TWIN 7ccm
by grant.symes Yesterday at 3:29 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Browsing the net for early articles on COX.. Empty
Live on Patrol

Browsing the net for early articles on COX..

Go down

Browsing the net for early articles on COX.. Empty Browsing the net for early articles on COX..

Post  balogh Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:20 pm

balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Browsing the net for early articles on COX.. Empty Re: Browsing the net for early articles on COX..

Post  rsv1cox Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:46 am

This is a great picture Andras. Imagine being surrounded by all those............Cox models..........Smile

Browsing the net for early articles on COX.. Cox-as10
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Browsing the net for early articles on COX.. Empty Re: Browsing the net for early articles on COX..

Post  balogh Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:56 am

Exactly, Bob, I am browsing these archive COX photos with yearning eyes...I would love to have been born and lived in the US anyway, but the accessibility to COX stuff in my childhood would have added a great life experience, that I am tasting only now, little-by-little, in my 2nd childhood.

BTW I just started reading the various articles at https://www.airplanesandrockets.com where the links in my above post come from, and find quite a lot of good read stuff!!!
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:37 am

I have about 200 Cox engines, and many of their models. I wonder how many have been touched by those ladies. Got to be a few.

Look at the jumble of parts on the far right. Wow. Looks like Piper Cubs in the foreground.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:49 am

Exactly the same thoughts revolving in my mind...I wonder if any of my old-stock taper bore TeeDee-s or red postage stamp backplate reedies may have gone through the hands of those employees on the pics...when I went to see the COX factories in Santa Ana a few years ago  - not just the old one, a Quonset hut on Poinsettia Ave, but the later one on East Warner - I had a 010 with me just for making a fun circle for it around the world...first from a US ebayer to me in Hungary then back to the US to the exact same place it was made ...(and of course back to Hungary again) ...other than those COX engines returned for warranty reasons, not too many have made it back to where they were made...a bit lunatic, I know, but part of my COX enthusiasm.

These archive black and white pictures show the factory in its heydays with neatly organized manufacturing (i.e. manual assembly) workplaces, but some photos made later in the 90's, that Mauricio posted here on CEF from the archives of a COX sales rep in Argentina, already show the sign of decline...https://www.coxengineforum.com/t12914-history-of-cox-in-argentina?highlight=cox+in+argentina
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:49 am

Not lunacy Andras, sentimentalists. 🙂 Although you have to be a little nuts to be a sentimentalist.

Thanks for reviving Mauricio's thread. I booked it this time.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:02 am

You are right Bob...the various Traveling Engines programs here in fact sprout from similar sentimentalism of participants here on CEF, so I do not feel lunatic any more Very Happy
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:05 am

I guess I’m a bit sentimental as well…. I have two PeeWee .020’s that mom bought for me when I was a kid…. One is all silver and was on the lime green Little Stinker type…. The other has the red tank and drive and was bought along with a Goldberg Ranger 30 from the local hobby shop….Looking back, I know these were purchased when the family budget was pretty tight…. Fortunate to still have them …and the memories…
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:04 pm

Andras said:

When I went to see the COX factories in Santa Ana a few years ago

I did the same a couple years ago when my son, daughter, and I went back to my old home town in Raymond New Hampshire.  Stayed at a AirB&B cottage a few yards where we had our old summer cottage on Onway Lake.  Swam in that lake every summer from eight YO until I joined the Navy.  Walked across it almost every winter too.  Ice fishing.

Browsing the net for early articles on COX.. Me_at_10

Browsing the net for early articles on COX.. Onway_16

Also visited the Hobby Shop in Exeter where I bought all my Cox engines and Hollow Log airplanes some 70 years before. Posted this picture here before.

Browsing the net for early articles on COX.. Me_at_11
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:46 pm

Good for you Bob, that your old hobbyshop still exists...as for the COX facilities nowadays:

Myself in 2018 with the above chanted TeeDee 010  at the former Poinsettia, and later, East Warner factories of COX, my oldstock 010 may have been born in either of the 2 places

Browsing the net for early articles on COX.. 20180916
Browsing the net for early articles on COX.. 20180917

The former is now a barber shop, the latter is an Orange County social services agency..sic transit gloria mundi
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down