Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Wen -Mac history Cox_ba12

Wen -Mac history Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 12:27 pm

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Today at 11:51 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by roddie Today at 10:11 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Today at 8:14 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Today at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Today at 3:16 am

» Happy Anzac Day!
by Boats13 Yesterday at 11:03 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Yesterday at 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:12 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Wen -Mac history Empty
Live on Patrol

Wen -Mac history

Go down

Wen -Mac history Empty Wen -Mac history

Post  Ken Cook Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:09 am

Kevin King who's a CEF member posted this on another forum. I know many would appreciate this. I find it certainly interesting. I know seeing the P-26 flying would get Bob's attention as he's quite fond of these.  If this has been posted before, my apology.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BBM4g_a6WM
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Wen -Mac history Empty Re: Wen -Mac history

Post  balogh Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:43 am

Thank you, Ken, interesting parallels beween COX and Wen-Mac...similar accuracy of engine parts (15 per million inch WM, 7 per million inch, COX) and business decline after acquired by new owner ( Testors for WM, Estes for COX, though almost 30 years later)..similar volume of sales and business model..I wonder what kept COX longer in business? I have never seen or had any WM product, but COX engines and products in general look much nicer..
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:46 am

I'm not sure if it has been linked here before. Mark Bosen linked me to it a couple of years ago. Great rundown on the make.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:49 am

Ken Cook wrote:Kevin King who's a CEF member posted this on another forum. I know many would appreciate this. I find it certainly interesting. I know seeing the P-26 flying would get Bob's attention as he's quite fond of these.  If this has been posted before, my apology.

An interesting history, thanks for sharing, Ken. While watching it, I stumbled across another parallel history with plastic model kit making manufacturers, Aurora, Monogram and Revell. This also makes for interesting viewing. Aurora, we know them from their early control line ready to fly plastic models. But, they were also big into plastic static models. As a child, I built from all three manufacturers, planes from WW-1 to WW-2 and Korean War. One of my favorites was a fairly large F-86 with electric motor that one built, supposedly to make a jet like sound, I think it was a Revell kit. Largest kit I built was of a B-24 Liberator, don't remember who made it. My mark of perfection was to be able to assemble the models without putting my glue stained fingerprints on the model. Polystyrene was easy to mar because of the volatile solvents in the plastic glue.

GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:55 pm

Not a bad video, 'ergo' not a great one, several questionable statements. Wen-Mac had no where close to the machining or engineering that Cox did and (early 60's engines) often would wear out after 1/2 doz. flights, they were just cheaply made. Testors made some nice improvements to the engines  and models after they took over in '67. The gas powered toys were a small part of Testors and almost all to Cox. There's a paragraph or two to write of what could of been, but I think the bottom line is Cox was just a better product.
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:32 pm

Hi guys, thanks for sharing this whole story of great manufacturers and entrepreneurs, although I was born a long time after these companies were already running, they have managed to capture many generations of people. For some reason, from the United States to the world and especially to Argentina where I live, because they managed to arouse a lot of interest and passion, for some reason that I personally don't know, I feel a lot of connection with all this and it is spiritual, perhaps in another life (if that is the case). that happens), I was an operator of one of these factories, or I simply cleaned the floors, but, that something unites me is true and beautiful to live it.
There is a publication in my country of an Aurora product, I had never seen it, it is new and seems to be very well cared for. As you can see, many products have reached many corners of the world, in this case it is an Aurora, and also a Cox model.
Personally and just giving my opinion as a consumer client, Cox products are really very good, of excellent quality, their motors are beautiful in design, so, to my taste, Cox seems far better than any other brand.

https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-632018781-jugete-antiguo-north-american-b-25-mitchell-marca-aurora-_JM#backend=item_decorator&backend_type=function&client=history-polycard

U$: 833,00
Personal opinion: the cost is very high, I don't think anyone will buy it here.

https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-863125659-avion-de-aeromodelismo-antiguo-_JM#position=29&search_layout=stack&type=item&tracking_id=1afd3097-b971-4230-a1a8-bcf2246d49d6

U$: 367
Personal opinion: this product has a high cost here, it will be difficult for anyone to buy it.
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:55 pm

MauricioB wrote:Personally and just giving my opinion as a consumer client, Cox products are really very good, of excellent quality, their motors are beautiful in design, so, to my taste, Cox seems far better than any other brand.

https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-632018781-jugete-antiguo-north-american-b-25-mitchell-marca-aurora-_JM
           Wen -Mac history D_nq_n10

U$: 833,00
Personal opinion: the cost is very high, I don't think anyone will buy it here.
Mauricio, eso es muy interesante que el país de Argentina vende esos aviones, también. That is very interesting that the country of Argentina sells those planes, also.
Y ninguna persona aquí lo comprará también, porque el precio es demasiado alto. And no one here will buy it, too because it is priced too high.

ConvertLive.com: Pesos Argentinos a Dólares americanos
250.000 Pesos Argentinos = 1,491.25 Dólares americanos Sad Goodbye

MauricioB wrote:https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-863125659-avion-de-aeromodelismo-antiguo-_JM
           Wen -Mac history D_nq_n11

U$: 367
Personal opinion: this product has a high cost here, it will be difficult for anyone to buy it.
Misma cosa, otra vez. Same thing again. 110.000 Pesos Argentinos = 656.15 Dólares americanos Sad Goodbye

I see things are no different in your country than mine. Very Happy I Love This Forum!
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down