Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Most expensive Enya in my collection -- Enya 60XLF -GM- SB ring Rear Exhaust Cox_ba12

Most expensive Enya in my collection -- Enya 60XLF -GM- SB ring Rear Exhaust Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Today at 8:14 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rdw777 Today at 8:10 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by sosam117 Today at 8:07 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Today at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Today at 3:16 am

» Happy Anzac Day!
by Boats13 Yesterday at 11:03 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Yesterday at 6:20 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:12 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Most expensive Enya in my collection -- Enya 60XLF -GM- SB ring Rear Exhaust Empty
Live on Patrol

Most expensive Enya in my collection -- Enya 60XLF -GM- SB ring Rear Exhaust

Go down

Most expensive Enya in my collection -- Enya 60XLF -GM- SB ring Rear Exhaust Empty Most expensive Enya in my collection -- Enya 60XLF -GM- SB ring Rear Exhaust

Post  sosam117 Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:19 pm

A friend of mine gave me this engine a few years ago for doing odd work for him on his engines and other things.
Only problem was, no header and tuned pipe?

Here are photos of the engine --- New in the Box:

Most expensive Enya in my collection -- Enya 60XLF -GM- SB ring Rear Exhaust 001_en30
Most expensive Enya in my collection -- Enya 60XLF -GM- SB ring Rear Exhaust 002_en25
Most expensive Enya in my collection -- Enya 60XLF -GM- SB ring Rear Exhaust 004_en17Most expensive Enya in my collection -- Enya 60XLF -GM- SB ring Rear Exhaust 005_en15
Most expensive Enya in my collection -- Enya 60XLF -GM- SB ring Rear Exhaust 007_en17
Most expensive Enya in my collection -- Enya 60XLF -GM- SB ring Rear Exhaust 008_en16

This is an awesome engine!
The receipt inside the box has the engine costing (with tax) $276.83 --- dated April 27,1999

What my friend told me about this engine was it was competing against the Nelson engines (cost wise) and in the F3 pylon racing.
I've had this engine now for almost 10 years (without a header and tuned pipe).

Starting this year (2022) I decided to find an Enya header and tuned pipe (or muffler/silencer) for it.
No such luck. I tried the RC Group list and had some on the list wanting to purchase the engine and I told them I was looking for the exhaust system for it.

Only last month, one guy was able to help me out to purchase the header and tuned pipe for it.
He asked me what plane I was going to use it in as it would need a header to either go over, under or straight back past the wing?

I didn't know? So, I asked him for a suggestion?
He gave me two pipes to purchase from for an idea. As for me, I just wanted an exhaust system as just looking for one was very hard to find.

Well, the guy gave me a website (Singapore Hobbies) and with the pipe numbers he gave me I purchased "two" different header pipes and the "one" number he gave me for the tune pipe.

Most expensive Enya in my collection -- Enya 60XLF -GM- SB ring Rear Exhaust 014_tu10
Most expensive Enya in my collection -- Enya 60XLF -GM- SB ring Rear Exhaust 015_ha10

The two headers and tuned pipe set me back $250.13 (including shipping from Singapore)
So, the total of this engine is just over $527.00 Shocked Shocked

I have heard on the RC Group site that a Nelson engine with header and pipe went well over $600.00 Damn! Shocked Affraid or WOW!

Here are photos of the two headers on the engine:
1st bunch of photos is just the Hatori "S" pipe.
The next bunch is the Hatori "offset" to the left to go over the wing if the engine is mounted horizontal.

Most expensive Enya in my collection -- Enya 60XLF -GM- SB ring Rear Exhaust 016_ha10
Most expensive Enya in my collection -- Enya 60XLF -GM- SB ring Rear Exhaust 017_ha11
Most expensive Enya in my collection -- Enya 60XLF -GM- SB ring Rear Exhaust 018_ha11

Most expensive Enya in my collection -- Enya 60XLF -GM- SB ring Rear Exhaust 019_ha10
Most expensive Enya in my collection -- Enya 60XLF -GM- SB ring Rear Exhaust 020_ha10
Most expensive Enya in my collection -- Enya 60XLF -GM- SB ring Rear Exhaust 021_ha10
Most expensive Enya in my collection -- Enya 60XLF -GM- SB ring Rear Exhaust 022_ha10

Here is the photo of the exhaust port:
This is an Aluminum/Aluminum/Chrome engine with piston ring.

Most expensive Enya in my collection -- Enya 60XLF -GM- SB ring Rear Exhaust 010_en14
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Most expensive Enya in my collection -- Enya 60XLF -GM- SB ring Rear Exhaust Empty ENYA parts ?

Post  germanbuddy Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:06 pm

Sorry , didn´t read Tired w/ Coffee Read you already made contact in the past with Ken Enya Japan !.
Old Bugger Peter

http://www.enya-engine.com/store156C_1/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22&products_id=272
germanbuddy
germanbuddy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Most expensive Enya in my collection -- Enya 60XLF -GM- SB ring Rear Exhaust Empty Re: Most expensive Enya in my collection -- Enya 60XLF -GM- SB ring Rear Exhaust

Post  sosam117 Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:52 pm

germanbuddy wrote:Sorry , didn´t read  Tired w/ Coffee Read  you already made contact in the past with Ken Enya Japan !.
Old Bugger Peter

http://www.enya-engine.com/store156C_1/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22&products_id=272

Yes Peter,
That was the 1st person (Ken) I tried for an exhaust system for this engine.
These engines are rare to get certain parts for as they were made for a specific reason.

F3A Pattern planes.
Like the one Hanger One Kits produce called the Curare.
https://hangaronekits.com/products/curare-64-60-size-10cc-laser-cut-short-kit
or any of their other classic pattern kits.
https://hangaronekits.com/collections/classic-pattern-kits.
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Most expensive Enya in my collection -- Enya 60XLF -GM- SB ring Rear Exhaust Empty Re: Most expensive Enya in my collection -- Enya 60XLF -GM- SB ring Rear Exhaust

Post  getback Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:22 am

That's a Fast looking engine !! And the cost say's it all you get what you pay for (most the time) Funny Nelson has a production parts /engines not far from my home https://aeroracingengines.com/contact.html I have never been there sad to say (but i can't justify the $$$ as of now . use to go to the races but I think they have not did any in a while Sad http://oldjulianairport.org/

Last edited by getback on Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add on)
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  sosam117 Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:52 pm

getback wrote:That's a Fast looking engine !! And the cost say's it all you get what you pay for (most the time) Funny Nelson has a production parts /engines not far from my home https://aeroracingengines.com/contact.html I have never been there sad to say (but i can't justify the $$$ as of now . use to go to the races but I think they have not did any in a while Sad http://oldjulianairport.org/

Enya built these engines until about 2006.
If you purchase the Hatori header and tuned pipe specifically for the 60XLF engine, over the Enya exhaust system.
You got 1,000 to 1,200 more rpms.

Never flew any R/C plane fast and "drilled holes in the sky." (What my dad use to say at those "sport" planes zipping around).
I enjoyed just flying my plane like a full-size pilot would.
My first planes were R/C gliders.

I might sell the engine at a later date? maybe??
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down