Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (July 2023) - Page 2 Cox_ba12

TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (July 2023) - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Today at 8:53 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rdw777 Today at 8:20 am

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by rdw777 Today at 8:06 am

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by F4D Phantom II Yesterday at 7:00 pm

» World's largest weathervane
by Cox International Yesterday at 5:51 pm

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:50 am

» Norvel Needle Needed
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 4:02 am

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Wed May 08, 2024 11:41 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Wed May 08, 2024 7:04 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by HalfaDave Wed May 08, 2024 6:55 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Wed May 08, 2024 1:30 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Wed May 08, 2024 8:21 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (July 2023) - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (July 2023)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Choose the next engine of the month!

TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (July 2023) - Page 2 Vote_lcap33%TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (July 2023) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 8 ]
TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (July 2023) - Page 2 Vote_lcap38%TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (July 2023) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 9 ]
TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (July 2023) - Page 2 Vote_lcap29%TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (July 2023) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 24

Poll closed

TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (July 2023) - Page 2 Empty Re: TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (July 2023)

Post  MauricioB Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:14 pm

Kim wrote:YAYE MAURICIO!!!!!!
CONGRATS DUDE!!!!

thanks KIM, I always watch your videos, your notes, and the way you have fun...it's a shame that there is so much distance, otherwise I think we would do a lot of hobby things together!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (July 2023) - Page 2 Empty Re: TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (July 2023)

Post  MauricioB Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:17 pm

getback wrote:cheers cheers cheers Beer Cheers Another Win for Mauricio , very good my Friend ! sunny

Eric friend, one day I will knock on your door and I will be there, maybe with my helicopter! ha ha
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:20 pm

GallopingGhostler wrote:Mauricio, esta es muy interesante. That is very interesting. Out of curiosity, I looked into Jacob's manuals section. The Apache helicopter engine is mounted a little different.
TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (July 2023) - Page 2 2023-139

The engine being mounted slightly off center appears that by doing so, compensates with better centering of the engine without a counterbalance. Although it places the engine prop slightly off center, may not be a problem because the main rotor rotates at a slower rotational speed.

I cannot imagine that Leroy Cox would make a helicopter without proper balancing. The reason why I asked is that perhaps after Mr. Cox sold his company, toward the end, they were made cost cutting moves by eliminating any form of counterbalancing?

Even in the early balsa designs, which used the same power arrangement, the designers always incorporated a counterbalance.

I just thought it interesting that your helicopter uses an earlier mount for a tank engine, and the holes for the horseshoe engine, perhaps the company that marketed Cox in South America did the modifications?

No friend, in Argentina no parts of Cox model airplanes or helicopters were assembled, only Cox Babe Bee .049 engines were assembled at Aero Sur, a Cox representative house in Argentina that no longer exists.
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:25 pm

sosam117 wrote:Congratulations Mauricio,
I tip my hat to you on the win.
Your helicopter deserve the win after all the work you did to make it fly again.

I don't feel so bad coming in 2nd after a fine job you did.

Thank sosam117 you so much!!!
You have a formidable collection of engines, they are all jewels. Thank you for always participating in this "Meeting of friends"
By the way, her niece de ella is also a beauty, I mean it sincerely, but she is far away for her to come and fly Cox's helicopter hahaha ....
Thanks for your message!

MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:30 pm

Mauricio, gracias para dame la historia del motor de este helicóptero. No obstante, tu obra del contrapeso es magnifico. Thumbs Up
Maricio, thank you for giving me the engine history of this helicopter. However, your counterweight work is magnificent.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:31 pm

rdw777 wrote:Congratulations Mauricio!!! Beautiful engine and helicopter…. I know with your mechanical intuition and skills you will get it balanced perfectly…. Please share more videos when you take it to fly!

Roberto!
Thank you very much Roberto!...it's actually the first time I've experimented with a Cox helicopter, so, I saw that it wobbled a lot when the motor was hit, the first thing I did was test the rotor shaft, which I straightened out. that it had a deviation, then I made several flights observing that the model in action "pitched", then I decided to try to see and experiment with the balance of the system. Now I am waiting for the day to fly and see what happens... of course my dear friend, I will share videos!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:33 am

After the launch and an incredibly high flight, to the point of disappearing in the sky, an "relentless search" began hahaha... my friends Leandro and Waldimiro help me to try to locate the helicopter, until finally, Leandro finds it  Very Happy .
Happily recovered!!...thank you guys!!

MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:13 am

MauricioB wrote:
Kim wrote:YAYE MAURICIO!!!!!!
CONGRATS DUDE!!!!

thanks KIM, I always watch your videos, your notes, and the way you have fun...it's a shame that there is so much distance, otherwise I think we would do a lot of hobby things together!

Thank you Mauricio!!!

Yep, if we ever got to fly together there WOULD be some Great Times!

Take Care, Friend!!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:42 am

WOW she really got up and out that time LOL I thought you were riding a motor bike till i realized the film was in fast forward lol!   Fun times I will have to make sure i have plenty of room when I fly mine >> TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (July 2023) - Page 2 Img_2164
TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (July 2023) - Page 2 S-l16014 Have An Egg Beer Cheers
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:56 am

El helicóptero de Mauricio gave me an idea that one could make their own out of balsa. Outerzone has several plans, one, an early 1952 design with 20 inch (508 mm) rotor:
https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=5723
TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (July 2023) - Page 2 2023-140

TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (July 2023) - Page 2 572310

It uses a similar type contrapeso (counterweight) to Mauricio's. Only improvement suggested by the magazine editor was to double the width of the blades. As is, I imagine that a .020 Pee Wee or .010 Tee Dee could be used. They have about the same power as the earlier .049's.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:44 am

GallopingGhostler wrote:El helicóptero de Mauricio gave me an idea that one could make their own out of balsa. Outerzone has several plans, one, an early 1952 design with 20 inch (508 mm) rotor:
https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=5723
TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (July 2023) - Page 2 2023-140

TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (July 2023) - Page 2 572310

It uses a similar type contrapeso (counterweight) to Mauricio's. Only improvement suggested by the magazine editor was to double the width of the blades. As is, I imagine that a .020 Pee Wee or .010 Tee Dee could be used. They have about the same power as the earlier .049's.

Hey friend, it seems that they copied my idea!!, hahaha  Very Happy  Very Happy ... well, it seems that lateral thoughts exist, or the common sense of things, that plan is from many years ago, because I knew that there were plans but there weren't seen in detail its construction.
Then think about placing this device, I'm on the right track.

Oye amigo, parese que me han copiado la idea!!, jajaja...bueno parece que existen los pensamientos laterales, o bien el sentido comun de las cosas, ese plano es de muchos años atras, pues sabía que existian planos pero no habia visto en detalle su construcción.
Parece entonces que colocar este dispositivo, estoy en el camino correcto.

Last edited by MauricioB on Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:52 am; edited 2 times in total
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:47 am

the Cox Sky Copter traveled a linear distance of about 198 meters.
I can't know the height, what I do know is that it was almost out of sight in the sky, only the engine could be heard, until it began to descend, appearing as a black dot.

TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (July 2023) - Page 2 20230713
TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (July 2023) - Page 2 Distan10

MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:00 am

getback wrote:WOW she really got up and out that time LOL I thought you were riding a motor bike till i realized the film was in fast forward lol!   Fun times I will have to make sure i have plenty of room when I fly mine >> TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (July 2023) - Page 2 Img_2164
TIEBREAKER-POLL **COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (July 2023) - Page 2 S-l16014  Have An Egg Beer Cheers

hahaha....yes friend I would have to have a motorcycle!!, since we couldn't find it.
So after so much walking I remembered Benny Hell... hahaha
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:02 am

Really nice flight Mauricio!!! I was going to ask how your balance project went but looks like it runs very smooth, Great work! I like those old balsa heli plans like George posted… Particularly those by Roy Clough …. He had figured out a method to get some get some cyclic action for directional control even though they were free flight…. With an electric tail rotor, electronic gyro, And some simple rc it might be possible to let one free flight up, Then steer it back after the engine run…
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:50 pm

MauricioB wrote:Hey friend, it seems that they copied my idea!!, hahaha  Very Happy  Very Happy ... well, it seems that lateral thoughts exist, or the common sense of things, that plan is from many years ago, because I knew that there were plans but there weren't seen in detail its construction. Then think about placing this device, I'm on the right track.

Oye amigo, parese que me han copiado la idea!!, jajaja...bueno parece que existen los pensamientos laterales, o bien el sentido comun de las cosas, ese plano es de muchos años atras, pues sabía que existian planos pero no habia visto en detalle su construcción. Parece entonces que colocar este dispositivo, estoy en el camino correcto.
Amigo mio, sobre el otro, no importa. Aunque los diseños parecen similar, no obstante esto no significa nada. Tu eres un ingeniero práctico. Como tal, las grandes personas piensan igual. Very Happy
My friend, about the other, it doesn't matter. Although the designs seem similar, however that means nothing. You are a practical engineer. As such, great people think alike. Very Happy
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:42 am

rdw777 wrote:Really nice flight Mauricio!!! I was going to ask how your balance project went but looks like it runs very smooth, Great work! I like those old balsa heli plans like George posted… Particularly those by Roy Clough …. He had figured out a method to get some get some cyclic action for directional control even though they were free flight…. With an electric tail rotor, electronic gyro, And some simple rc it might be possible to let one free flight up, Then steer it back after the engine run…

Thank you very much friend for your comment.
I have fallen in love with the Cox Sky Ranger .049!!..
There's a lot going on in that helicopter so that it can really fly on its own, it's wonderful.
Also, every time you release it and it starts to fly, it generates all that adrenaline that makes you think....."I want to find you again! Don't go too far! haha
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:44 am

GallopingGhostler wrote:
MauricioB wrote:Hey friend, it seems that they copied my idea!!, hahaha  Very Happy  Very Happy ... well, it seems that lateral thoughts exist, or the common sense of things, that plan is from many years ago, because I knew that there were plans but there weren't seen in detail its construction. Then think about placing this device, I'm on the right track.

Oye amigo, parese que me han copiado la idea!!, jajaja...bueno parece que existen los pensamientos laterales, o bien el sentido comun de las cosas, ese plano es de muchos años atras, pues sabía que existian planos pero no habia visto en detalle su construcción. Parece entonces que colocar este dispositivo, estoy en el camino correcto.
Amigo mio, sobre el otro, no importa. Aunque los diseños parecen similar, no obstante esto no significa nada. Tu eres un ingeniero práctico. Como tal, las grandes personas piensan igual. Very Happy
My friend, about the other, it doesn't matter. Although the designs seem similar, however that means nothing. You are a practical engineer. As such, great people think alike. Very Happy

Thank you dear friend, I value and try not to get too excited because your words are very appreciated by me
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2