Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

tractor 5x3 propellers Cox_ba12

tractor 5x3 propellers Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 11:21 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by roddie Yesterday at 10:50 pm

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by roddie Yesterday at 9:36 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by F4D Phantom II Yesterday at 9:33 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by Kim Yesterday at 8:53 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by MauricioB Yesterday at 8:45 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by GTO455 Yesterday at 8:11 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:29 am

» Post your Older books
by rsv1cox Mon May 06, 2024 7:51 pm

» EXTREMELY RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "BLACK WIDOW" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE
by rsv1cox Mon May 06, 2024 6:58 pm

» I brake for Turtles....
by rsv1cox Mon May 06, 2024 6:38 pm

» Ball - Socket Joints
by Ken Cook Mon May 06, 2024 3:06 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

tractor 5x3 propellers Empty
Live on Patrol

tractor 5x3 propellers

Go down

tractor 5x3 propellers Empty tractor 5x3 propellers

Post  Ken Cook Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:11 pm

I'm not certain as to why these are not available but I can't seem to locate them. I recently purchased the Master Airscrew versions which are absolute crap. They have no blade area, no drive and are utterly useless. I sent them a e-mail and they said no one ever complained about them. Those who purchased them never used them obviously. On my twin, one engine running with a two bladed prop was faster than both running with the MA props. They're so thin bladed I even emailed them to find out if these were even the correct prop I ordered. Useless turds which are not exactly inexpensive.

I had about 12 three bladed Cox props brand new, all of them when flexed cracked. They went into the trash. All I see now is pushers available. I'm not certain if I'm correct on this but are pushers square tip and tractors radius tipped?
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

tractor 5x3 propellers Empty Re: tractor 5x3 propellers

Post  balogh Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:01 pm

I have a couple of COX 3 bladed 5x3 tractor props with rounded blade tips and 5x3 triple bladed pushers with square tips. Luckily they do not show the micro-cracks some of the older black nylon COX props did that had to be discarded for fears of throwing blades when spinning.

Other than the 3bladed 5x3 COX props my favorites are the 2 bladed COX 5x4 that work very well for my sport flying purposes either on a beefed up 049 reedie or on a 049...051 TeeDee. They may flex a bit when spin at 22k+ but are very forgiving on harsh landings when the nose of the plane occasionally rubs the ground. Unlike the stiff and brittle, but aerodynamically superb APC-s, they never break. This is an important feature for me who usually fly over unmanicured grass, weed and rough terrain with no runway for small RC planes.
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  EXModelEngines Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:27 am

Ken Cook wrote:I'm not certain as to why these are not available but I can't seem to locate them. I recently purchased the Master Airscrew versions which are absolute crap. They have no blade area, no drive and are utterly useless. I sent them a e-mail and they said no one ever complained about them. Those who purchased them never used them obviously. On my twin, one engine running with a two bladed prop was faster than both running with the MA props. They're so thin bladed I even emailed them to find out if these were even the correct prop I ordered. Useless turds which are not exactly inexpensive.

I had about 12 three bladed Cox props brand new, all of them when flexed cracked. They went into the trash. All I see now is pushers available. I'm not certain if I'm correct on this but are pushers square tip and tractors radius tipped?

Hi Ken - assuming we are talking about the 3 blade ones here. The biggest issue with these is mold cost to run them. I've got some parts but it would basically require building a new frame for them (and custom at that since they are non standard inserts) with new hubs / ejector pins.

Unfortunately, I can echo your sentiments about the MA props.
EXModelEngines
EXModelEngines
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Official Cox Dealer

http://www.exmodelengines.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down