Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Need help identifying several small things Cox_ba12

Need help identifying several small things Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by Admin Today at 3:25 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by roddie Today at 2:48 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Today at 12:38 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by Admin Today at 10:31 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by GTO455 Today at 8:11 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 7:29 am

» Post your Older books
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:51 pm

» EXTREMELY RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "BLACK WIDOW" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» I brake for Turtles....
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:38 pm

» Ball - Socket Joints
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:06 pm

» A little nostalgia…
by MauricioB Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» A new useful transport vehicle
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 10:32 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Need help identifying several small things Empty
Live on Patrol

Need help identifying several small things

Go down

Need help identifying several small things Empty Need help identifying several small things

Post  davidll1984 Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm

Hello everyone, it's been a long time Since my last visit I really need someone more experienced than me I found several little things in an engine lot that I have no idea what they should be used for. Particularly the blue cylinder which resembles a very basic servo motor or controller but without knowing more about the old thing probably not very useful but out of curiosity I would like to know more. on those funny thingsNeed help identifying several small things Img_2420
Need help identifying several small things Img_2421
Need help identifying several small things Img_2420
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Need help identifying several small things Empty Re: Need help identifying several small things

Post  OVERLORD Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:14 am

David, the blue thing is a Multiplex servo. Type the name "propomatic" in Google and you will find the info with original 1961 mode d'emploi.

It wont be a servo but an escapement.
OVERLORD
OVERLORD
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Need help identifying several small things Empty Re: Need help identifying several small things

Post  KariFS Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:23 am

Wow. Those are parts of vintage, or dare I say antique, radio control system. The thing with hooks is for a rubber band, the device in the middle of your stovetop is an actuator that rocks the hook… I think these are from the early ‘60s.

Definitely worth saving as they are.

I remember George has flown a lot with single channel systems, but this might be before his time? And Bob is more a C/L guy I think? I may have an old book somewhere with a schematic picture.

Edit: ah, Lieven was quicker, and also knows these Smile
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:27 am

It appears to be a Citizenship escapement. I have the transmitter for them. It's quite large, over 18inches tall and about 4 " wide. It uses switches to send pulses to the gears. The rubber band actuates the movement. We have a few members that still uses rubber band escapements.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:06 am

KariFS wrote:I remember George has flown a lot with single channel systems, but this might be before his time?
I started R/C as a very young man out of high school with my first full job in late winter, early 1973. Back then, one needed a CB (Citizen's Band) FCC Operator License. (Apply as an adult, no test required, pay the fee.)

By then, escapements were a thing of the past. Digital servo systems were developing, but still more expensive. So, I learned R/C single channel style with an Ace R/C Pulse Commander System and Adams magnetic actuator. It was proportional instead of bang-bang full left or full right as with escapements.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  OVERLORD Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:21 am

Have a look at Multiplex rc history.

Need help identifying several small things Engel_10

Need help identifying several small things Engel010
OVERLORD
OVERLORD
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:31 pm

I think I'm going to recycle some of this and some of this will probably end up in the bottom of a box that I'll keep just in case. In both boxes I found several old things from the past, several landing gear engine supports. Wheel some old wooden prop som spiner and several very old engines which are still good OS enya k&b atwood spitzy fox o&r cox and others that I don't remember the name all very old from the 50 All beautiful pieces which will end up in the collection once restored I still want to use some of the smaller ones
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:16 pm

The item with two serrated wheels is a rubber band powered escapement.  Without seeing the other side, I can't tell if it is two channel or a single channel with kickup elevator.

Here are a couple of pics of my first attempt at RC.  This is a Bonner single channel escapement that started life in a Ted Strader Nomad powered glider.  It was later used in a Carl Goldberg Cessna Skylane.  The receiver was a super heterodyne Rx on 27 MHz with a Citizenship single channel transmitter.  One of the transmitter batteries (used two) was a 90V battery needed to heat the element in a vacuum tube.

Need help identifying several small things Escape11
Need help identifying several small things Escape10
Need help identifying several small things Escape12
andrew
andrew
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/POWERSUPPLY.HTM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down