Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Having fun with my Extra 260 Cox_ba12

Having fun with my Extra 260 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Tired of it all…
by batjac Today at 3:06 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Today at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:26 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 4:16 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 12:27 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:14 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:15 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Having fun with my Extra 260 Empty
Live on Patrol

Having fun with my Extra 260

Go down

Having fun with my Extra 260 Empty Having fun with my Extra 260

Post  MauricioB Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:42 am

This Sunday I dedicated myself to flying the Extra 260 again, I'm configuring it to my liking.
The model has many flight qualities and can fly in different types of acrobatics by adjusting from the radio and during the flight itself.
I share a video from Sunday here, greetings!

....and here my friend Geronimo doing applications in the field in his Air Tracto Turboprop
Having fun with my Extra 260 Air_tr10
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Having fun with my Extra 260 Empty Re: Having fun with my Extra 260

Post  balogh Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:24 am

Bravo.Mauricio, amanizing flight and maneuvers, I especially like the plane "hanging" vertically on its propeller, that I believe requires a lot of manual skills and harmonization of the various control sticks like aileron, elevator, and throttle.
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:38 am

Suprema Mauricio!!! Very Happy ….. Beautiful airplane and flown with precision….. A beautiful flying site and weather as well …..The rolling circles must take much coordination on the controls, Many things happening at one time!!….. At times your airplane wants to be a helicopter Very Happy….Thank you for sharing that nice experience Very Happy
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:58 am

cheers cheers cheers sunny Bravo my friend ! Your skill shows excellent maneuvers bounce Enjoy your fun out in the sun ! sunny sunny sunny Thank You for sharing Thumbs Up
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:54 am

Thanks guys for joining me.
I like to share everything that has to do with our beautiful hobby, it happens that everything is beautiful, I mean the small models and the large models, each one with its special magic.
I thank God for being able to enjoy all this, the Club and the activity really become a paradise on earth for me.
Aerobatics with this type of airplane requires practice and risk, I have flown for many years and I have broken a few airplanes since my beginnings, but I have not broken airplanes of this size, the airplanes that I broke were the ones I started with, so far I am doing well with big planes, I go as far as I think I'm safe. Of course anything can happen.
If you want to move forward, the risk is higher and at some point you can make a mistake and an accident or failure of the model can happen, but inside me there is an adrenaline that leads me to enjoy a certain risk, I am not doing this because I am interested that they see me, because most of the time due to my schedule in the club I am alone or with one or two other people, so it happens that the connection through the flight: Pilot - Plane and challenge, becomes an incredible atmosphere for me and of total enjoyment. Every time I fly, it transports me to an incredible sense of happiness, that happens to me with a Cox model (small) or with a much larger model, it gives me a lot of pleasure and joy, being able to share it here with you.
Also when I ride my bicycle and see a place far from everything, almost in the middle of nowhere, it makes me want to fly some small model in the middle of nature, there is an incredible connection between my senses, nature and the model airplane.
Returning to the technical data of the Extra 260 30 CC aircraft, so that it can remain vertical and rise when giving throttle, the minimum ratio is the following:
The engine pushes at full throttle with a 19 x 8 inch propeller at 6800 rpm, a total of 7,400 kg and the model weighs in flying order (with fuel), a total of 6,200 kg, therefore, it means that I have 1,200 kg margin of difference.
The reality is that for many especially critical maneuvers, the ratio should be higher, that is, the engine should push around 2.8 kg more than the weight of the plane, this could cause smoke equipment to be placed on board and have margin to make this type of maneuvers.
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down