Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

"Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary" Cox_ba12

"Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary" Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Tired of it all…
by balogh Yesterday at 11:55 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:53 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:36 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 10:51 pm

» PT-19 Mayhem at Buder Park...a Decade Ago!!!!
by Kim Yesterday at 7:41 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Yesterday at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:03 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:16 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

"Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary" Empty
Live on Patrol

"Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary"

Go down

"Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary" Empty "Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary"

Post  Kim Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:39 pm

OK...it's shameless bragging, but I can't help it.  This was one of the biggest days of my life, and something I won't see again.
..............................................................................................

Hard to believe, but a year ago today, at about this time of day, I was strapped into a dual control P-51 Mustang, cruising and rolling high over Florida.

A life-long dream and religious experience, it was WAY more than just a ride, as I got to take the reins, so-to-speak, and put the WWII fighter through a couple aileron and barrel rolls.

I also got the opportunity to look out across the wings, and hear the same sounds that so many young men and women saw in those days when the Mustang was new, and in front line service.

The plane would be more than happy to kill any pilot who mishandled her, not to mention the threat of other people who wanted to shoot them out of the sky.

There's a lot of talk in the beginning of the video, but I wanted to include the pilot going through pre-start checks.

A BIG thanks to Rory Rubel for shooting the video and photos!

Happy Anniversary Crazy Horse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K9Tey3EHKw

"Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary" 55_12
"Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary" 56_15
"Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary" Dsc_0311
"Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary" 130_18

I had Pilot Steve autograph my Mustang Kit...it was one just like this that I was given by my big brother in 1963, that started my obsession with the '51.

"Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary" Splice10

"Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary" Crazy_11

"For Crazy Horse Only"
"Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary" Log_bo13

"Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary" 2023-010
"Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary" Captur17

Last edited by Kim on Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

"Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary" Empty Re: "Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary"

Post  MauricioB Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:17 am

Hello Kim, I completely understand your emotions and it is totally understandable, when something is so exciting for a person, it is worth showing it and shouting it to the sky...!! Congratulations again for that moment that has marked your life in such a happy way!
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

"Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary" Empty Re: "Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary"

Post  Kim Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:37 am

MauricioB wrote:Hello Kim, I completely understand your emotions and it is totally understandable, when something is so exciting for a person, it is worth showing it and shouting it to the sky...!! Congratulations again for that moment that has marked your life in such a happy way!

Thank You, Mauricio!!!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fit90 Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:52 pm

Kim,

You look mighty fine flying that bird. I hope it was as fun as it looked. I can't believe he had to ask if you wanted to do an aileron roll. Is that even a question? Great job! Thank you for sharing a fantasy I bet most of us have had for most of our lives.
fit90
fit90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:23 am

fit90 wrote:Kim,

You look mighty fine flying that bird. I hope it was as fun as it looked. I can't believe he had to ask if you wanted to do an aileron roll. Is that even a question? Great job! Thank you for sharing a fantasy I bet most of us have had for most of our lives.

Yeah, the thing is, he didn't know me from Adam, and these flights are done with the full scale of carrying people with almost no flight experience, all the wall over to training/qualification flights for new Mustang owners.  

I'd brought my log books, which CAN be works of fiction, and they held a fair amount of tail-dragger time from my days flying my Pietenpol...and that's the reason for his calling me "Mr. Tail-Dragger Pilot".

With the passenger way in back, it'd be a dangerous thing if they panicked, so everything was offered up as a suggestion as he got to know me, trying to give me my money's worth.  Admittedly, I was in border-line shock for the first half hour...simply not believing that I was finally sitting n a Mustang.  

I was definitely in sensory overload through the rolls, which were great...but I also appreciated the bit of quiet time before we entered the pattern back at the airport...giving me a couple minutes to just pause and try to memorize all that was going on.

Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:56 am

I can only imagine what it feels like to push the throttle and prop pitch on something like that….. Amazing experience…. Glad you got to enjoy it Very Happy
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:39 am

WOW Been a year already ! That is not bragging my friend that is a accomplishment and you should Bee proud of it ...
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  akjgardner Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:31 pm

That’s Awesome Kim , Something you will remember for the rest of your life. Before I got out of the Air Force I got a ride in an F-4 Phantom. I can remember it like it was yesterday, but it was 40 years ago.
akjgardner
akjgardner
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down