Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Happy Father's Day! Cox_ba12

Happy Father's Day! Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by roddie Today at 6:26 pm

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by Kim Today at 5:46 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Today at 10:29 am

» B-25 Mitchell
by rdw777 Today at 9:49 am

» Artwork for Otto Kuhni
by rsv1cox Today at 9:39 am

» Cox water wizard
by Wiggy Today at 6:32 am

» M1Fan...who are you?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:07 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 9:52 pm

» Roddie's water-cooled bench-run vid
by roddie Yesterday at 8:55 pm

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 7:19 pm

» Cox AT-6 Texan repaint.....Pretty nice
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:25 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 10:54 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Happy Father's Day! Empty
Live on Patrol

Happy Father's Day!

Go down

Happy Father's Day! Empty Happy Father's Day!

Post  WingingIt74 Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:35 am

Do anything special?

I woke up Father's Day morning and was thinking of things to do with my boys. While getting ready this morning, I thought about what would really be fun. I decided to take my boys flying, as they have never been up in a plane and it would be fun to share with them what my Grandpa shared with me. I called a few places and found an instructor to go up today. I handed my iPhone to Brandon to take pictures , he deleted the ones of our house for some reason, oh well...

I've been flying since I was 2 years old with my late Grandpa. To share their first flight with me at the controls, Grandpa would have been proud.

Happy Father's Day! 421517_10150848768805947_117497859_n

More pics, let me know if you can see them:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150848765855947.391813.588815946&type=1
WingingIt74
WingingIt74
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/wingingit74/

Back to top Go down

Happy Father's Day! Empty Re: Happy Father's Day!

Post  RknRusty Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:55 pm

Hey Travis, that was a great idea. How did the boys handle the roar and shake of being in a real airplane? It's always a surprise from the new point of view, how much different it really feels from watching a plane gracefully drone overhead.
Looks like the Face Book pictures are restricted, maybe not accessible for non-friended FB users.
I flew this weekend too, only while standing safely on the ground for my aerial excitement.Happy Father's Day! 4201307885-2

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  fit90 Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:01 pm

Great pic. You have a couple of good looking boys. I hope they enjoyed the flight. Do you have you license yet? I got to fly twice on Father's Day. Tampa to Baltimore and back on Southwest cattle class airline. After flying professionally this was a severe culture shock, OUCH!
fit90
fit90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  WingingIt74 Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:17 pm

Here is a shorter bunch of pics, I guess you have to be my FB friend in order to see the folder.

Our family office
Happy Father's Day! 554691_10150848775450947_1015821946_n

My parents' house, the dots on the driveway are my parents Smile
Happy Father's Day! 484345_10150848787085947_266840075_n

Fly-by of the STL Arch
Happy Father's Day! 538333_10150848798480947_2101035111_n

Here I am in the pilot's seat flying. Seems a little weird seeing me there, instead of my late Grandpa. To share my boys' first airplane flight with me at the controls, Grandpa would have been proud.
Happy Father's Day! 601083_10150848802680947_263875948_n

Mom and Dad's point of view
Happy Father's Day! 599352_10150850557140947_93766365_n
WingingIt74
WingingIt74
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/wingingit74/

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:13 am

Bump- Very Happy Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:38 pm

roddie wrote:Bump- Very Happy Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!

Roddie, Thanks, for the well wishes,  but what the heck you doing up at 6:30AM on Father's Day, Sunday no less,  a day of rest by some religions??   The kids are all moved out,  so I no longer get breakfast in bed...not even a cup of coffee?  I did get to sleep in and can do anything I want to today.   So, I'm gonna play with gliders in the back yard:

https://youtu.be/bwy6PjRDyeg

I certainly hope the rest of you have as much fun!!
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  akjgardner Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:01 pm

Thanks Roddie, the three kids and the son n law all showed up at our campsite yesterday, had a really good day at Versalles State Park. Hope Ya'll had a good one
akjgardner
akjgardner
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:04 pm

Marleysky wrote:

Roddie, Thanks, for the well wishes,  but what the heck you doing up at 6:30AM on Father's Day, Sunday no less,  a day of rest by some religions??   The kids are all moved out,  so I no longer get breakfast in bed...not even a cup of coffee?  I did get to sleep in and can do anything I want to today.   So, I'm gonna play with gliders in the back yard:

https://youtu.be/bwy6PjRDyeg

I certainly hope the rest of you have as much fun!!

I had a very busy day yesterday.. A gig in New Hampshire with the band.. 2.5 hr. commute for a 12:00-1:30p.m. set.. (was fun..) but travelled home soon after.. and turned-in early. My wife and I left for New Hampshire at 7:30 a.m. yesterday and arrived at the "Broken Spoke" venue at 10:00 a.m. to load-in for sound-check. The venue is located in Laconia, NH and was at the tail-end of "bike-week".. which is a big event in this part of the country.. probably second to "Sturgis".

Happy Father's Day! 13434810
Happy Father's Day! 13466010

So... Yes.. I was up early this morning. I went to visit my Dad.. (79 years young..) and we talked a little about the "Veco-Warrior" and "Sterling-Mono-Coupe" (both built by him..) that I now have in safe keeping.. He showed me his garden.. and it was a real nice visit. I love my dad.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:10 pm

Hey Roddie good for you you have a very young father.Mine would be 92  but he passed away in 2001.

My kids are living already  on their own and I and my wife take turns in bringing coffee to bed every morning.

I guess you play country and rock and roll...any song of yours on YouTube that I could listen to?

If I could I would play blues on harmonica. Muddy Waters, Howling Wolf and John Lee Hooker stuff...and Buddy Guy themes

And Bob Dylan-ish Rolling Stones:

Happy Dads' Day.
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:21 am

The good thing is, I have all you guys wishing me a happy Father's Day now, plus I get to celebrate it again in September out here. Not sure how that works. Our Mother's Day's seem to be the same date, but father's Days are three months apart. Huh...

Lost my dad at age 58 in 1993. I'd been married only two months so my boys never got to meet him. My two boys have tried hard to find me nice presents over the years, but I usually end up with just chocolates and CDs. The chocolates I love but don't need. The CDs unfortunately seldom get listened to except when I'm travelling, but hey, they say it's the thought that counts. I still have a key ring my younger boy Fletch bought for me when he was about seven from a father's Day stall at school- a spent 22 shell encased is clear resin.
Gotta love those school gift stalls. What?
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:35 am

In Finland Fathers' day is the second Sunday of November, so there seems to be differences from place to place.

KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:15 am

That's strange I didn't know there were difft. days in other country's for FD / My Dad is not doing to well as far as pains , can't hear or see well at 77. I did wish him a happy fathers day though after 3 times telling him he got it /// my son finally told me probably after my dad ask him if he had told me Laughing He was more interested in us going and picking up one of his friends Rolling Eyes Well after letting them hang some I decided they could help me put the last of my garden plants out (cost me 4 cold ones ) tractor didn't want to cooperate but we /they got it done Wink Wanted to run some engines but this garden thing really needed to get done and I needed the help and it was there . (I keep telling myself there will be other days) I wonder how long that's going to last ! My chronic pain has been kicking lately and the pain management C has yet to give me any MEDS. worth a [bleep] // suboxone strips / Ibuprofen 800 mg. My last rip for a 4-5-6-hour at a time visit is wed. and if they can't do better I am done with them !?!?! There are alternatives! HAPPY FATHERS DAY FRIENDS ! Eric Beer Cheers
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:10 am

Sounds like you guys had a great Fathers day.

I didn't do much, and liked it.  Slept in until 6:30am-ish, went to church, went out to breakfast (picture from my table below), wife bought me a new American flag (cause she loves me and it was fathers day), put up said flag, took a nap, all the kid got off work and we watched a movie and had dinner.

Kids got me two new Lipo's for my gliders and two new WSU Cougar hats (daughter is headed there in a month).
Happy Father's Day! Tug_bo10
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:21 am

Bump Bump... Smile Hope all us Dads enjoy our day!
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:04 pm

Stormy winds kept me on my terrace on Dad's day, not allowing me to fly my Toucan RC plane in the "field" (an overstatment for the abandoned cropfield next to a dirtroad where I fly after squeezed out by the supermarket chain Tesco from the beautiful pasture they own and have fenced off, that I used to go to) , but courtesy my son a German 6.9 %  strong six-pack keeps me floating in the air instead..

Happy Father's Day! Father11

Happy Father's day to you all.
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:07 pm

balogh wrote:Stormy winds kept me on my terrace on Dad's day, not allowing me to fly my Toucan RC plane in the "field" (an overstatment for the abandoned cropfield next to a dirtroad where I fly after squeezed out by the supermarket chain Tesco from the beautiful pasture they own and have fenced off, that I used to go to) , but courtesy my son a German 6.9 %  strong six-pack keeps me floating in the air instead..

Happy Father's Day! Father11

Happy Father's day to you all.

I'd love to come over and help you with those beers Andy! I do have one 12oz. Yuengling lager bottle leftover in the fridge though.. I'll toast to us when I drink it later!
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:10 pm

AH Flip top beers..!!.. I have traveled a lot on this here world, and cannot remember ANY "Flippy" that was NOT a very good beer!

But for today, I am frequently prying off the top of many Coronita's and putting a wedge of Key lime in each...out of a 31F cooler

These cold lil buggers are helping to wash down a bag of spicy pork rinds (cracklins) , some Jack Links Beef sticks, and part of my son's home made summer sausage. Much too hot and windy this weekend to fly

So mostly I have been puttering about the last week, catching up a few promises to she who must be obeyed

I think if this heat and wind keeps up, I may be in a Texas Summer Build cycle... same time as my Australian friends are in their winter cycle

Hummm...might have to pull down the Sig Twister kits and get after it....
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down