Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 3 Cox_ba12

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 3 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by robot797 Today at 10:36 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Today at 10:29 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by rdw777 Today at 9:55 am

» B-25 Mitchell
by rdw777 Today at 9:49 am

» Artwork for Otto Kuhni
by rsv1cox Today at 9:39 am

» Cox water wizard
by Wiggy Today at 6:32 am

» M1Fan...who are you?
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 10:07 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 9:52 pm

» Roddie's water-cooled bench-run vid
by roddie Yesterday at 8:55 pm

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 7:19 pm

» Cox AT-6 Texan repaint.....Pretty nice
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:25 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 10:54 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 3 Empty
Live on Patrol

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video!

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 3 Empty Re: RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video!

Post  coxaddicted Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:31 am

Engine is re-assembled! cheers

I did managed to get the rust out of the inlay, thanks WD 40 lol! .

The piston is free, and the engine has good compression. Also I have mounted a ,,better'' backplate and a new fuel hose. The glow head shines in bright orange.

Referring this, it should work!

Tomorrow I will post a picture of the engine.

Sadly the gas pushrod is broken Crying or Very sad I have to find a solution. (This was my own fault, as I tried the servo without cleaning the EGR DAMMIT! , it has much power lol! )
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 3 Empty Re: RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video!

Post  PV Pilot Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:10 am

coxaddicted wrote:

Sadly the gas pushrod is broken Crying or Very sad I have to find a solution. (This was my own fault, as I tried the servo without cleaning the EGR DAMMIT! , it has much power lol! )

lol,, it happens sometimes. Try not to rush cleaning and testing. Make sure it is perfect as possible before trying as the parts are old and hard to find.

You could bench run the motor before installing into car. That's what I did with my rebuilt Nissan motor and was able to make sure it ran well before intallation and using the somewhat fragile and frustrating zip cords for starting. The starting clutch needs to be able to release after starting, make sure it is cleaned/soaked very well.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:51 pm

I was outbid in the last second on this one. Sad

Good luck in your cleaning. Check your steering arms for hairline cracks. All 3 of mine have cracks.
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:02 am

Thank you guys for this excellent tips! Hand Shake

I actually checked the steering arms for hairline craks. I can't find one, they seem to be in excellent condition, but you never know.

Regarding the bench test; I fear, the motor will get too hot without cooling. Furthermore I have no enginestand for testing. So I would have to construct something by myself. For me it would be the same complexity as to check it inside the car.
I will check the machinery very carefully before running and of course I will not turn it to high revs at the beginning. I have checked the clutch and also the zip ratched. Everything ,,seems'' to run fine.

But if you say that won't work I will think about a bench test.

The starting procedure is a science in its own Laughing If you believe the description.

Here is a pic of the current status:

The EGR System and Hoses, notice the broken pushrod:

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 3 Dscf4015

The cleaned engine, with other backplate:

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 3 Dscf4016

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 3 Dscf4017

The instruction manual says the motor will reach 23.000 revs at peak Affraid or WOW!
Is that right??? Seems to be very much Huh...

Looking forward to hear from you

coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:22 am

I think I have finished the cleaning now and started yesterday to re-assemble.

The car should not look like new. The ,,patina'' could stay as it is not for ,,showcase''.
It's rather a runner Very Happy hopefully.

Sadly the air filter is crumbled. Did anyone know what I can use instead of this (maybe foam?)

coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:55 am

By re-assembling i noticed the new fuel-tank is not for EGR System. So I have to re-use the old one which seems to be thight too.

So if anyone need a new fuel tank for non EGR fitted cars I would like to swap it with somebody against the other version.

A funny thing; I weighted both cars RTR without fuel:

Kyosho Espo Larousse 0.49 (pictures at the beginning of this topic : around 1200 gramms

Cox Stocker : around 700 gramms

Lightweight racing car lol!
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  mr_cox Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:39 am

Nice job, the car looks great!

If you need glow plugs and other stuff, i have them in my shop and am located in The Netherlands!

mr_cox
mr_cox
Gold Member
Gold Member

http://coxengines.eu

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:37 am

Thank you Mr. Cox Beer Cheers . I think I already know your shop Very Happy
Do you offer also matching cox-fuel at your shop, or available in NL? In germany you have to pre -mix every fuel because there is no one available which contains enough castor-oil. The Netherlands are only 1h away and I would make a journey for correct fuel and other things lol!

It is pretty cool that you offer the glowheads. I wondered already to order some, but at the moment I have enough for spare (and I am student and will move next week, so my budget is limited this/ and probably next month). Just received last week another one.

But if you also have the black backplate in your shop, it would be worth to order some. Could you check this for me? It is showed on the last page and has a sublime bracket for the reed.

-The Cox part number for the carburator backplate is: # 1259
-The reed overhaulkit has # 1996
-The Cylinder Kit is # 1477
-brake strap # GTP 41

If you have anything of this it would be very interresting for spare parts.

Today I have to correct my own fault, I have built in the gas-servo in wrong direction lol!
Maybe I will load some pics later.

The weather is [bleep] today, so I have to wait for the test round.

I take to heard what pv-pilot said to me and will use the waiting time to check if everything is working perfect Tired w/ Coffee Read .

coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:20 pm

Here is a little update. Cleaning is finished. Compression good.

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 3 Dscf4023

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 3 Dscf4024

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 3 Dscf4026

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 3 Dscf4027

I will change the brake construction as I am not satisfied with the brake cable. It does not work exactly enough.
I have already thougt out a new control via a modified tie rod. The gas control (pushrod) will be modified too, at the moment I made a russian method with an old paperclip lol!

To be continued...

coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 3 Empty re: great work

Post  happydad Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:59 pm

coxaddicted wrote:Here is a little update. Cleaning is finished. Compression good.

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 3 Dscf4023

I will change the brake construction as I am not satisfied with the brake cable. It does not work exactly enough.
I have already thougt out a new control via a modified tie rod. The gas control (pushrod) will be modified too, at the moment I made a russian method with an old paperclip lol!

To be continued...

you are doing great work. keep it up. happydad Small Cox Logo

Futaba Radio RC Plane
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:06 am

Thank you Beer Cheers .

Yesterday I filled first time fuel into the tank and it is thight.
I tried also to prime the engine, but there was no fuel in the cylinder Huh...
I do not believe that the backplate is stuffed up. Maybe I have not turn off the needle valve enough.

I will load a picture of a ,,extra'' crankcase and a crankshaft/driveplate I purchased with the modell.

Maybe you Guys can tell me if it is the right one. I like to build up a ,,spare engine'' like in a real racing team lol! .

Due to availabillity (shipping costs) of the #1477 Cylinder I think about to ,,turn up'' a black widow cylinder for this project. I don't know if it is possible due to the thickness of the cylinder, but I have several good turning shops where I live.

Did anyone tried this before? Or is it a bad idea?
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:03 am

Regarding my last post I would like to ask if anybody knows if this is the correct crankshaft I purchased with the car?:

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 3 Dscf4030

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 3 Dscf4031

Thank you in advance!
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:36 am

Nobody an idea about the crankshaft Crying or Very sad

At the moment I have no time for the Cox Stocker (because of moving/paperhanging). But I was out for 2 tanks with the f1 car which is a great runner and very reliable.

In the meantime, I surved trough the web to find other r/c cars which are cox powered.
I already posted a link with pictures of the Kyosho Mini Cooper with Cox motor, but I find another link where you can see the details, check out the starting mechanism lol! :

http://www.google.de/imgres?hl=de&client=firefox-a&hs=aZv&sa=X&rls=org.mozilla🇩🇪official&biw=1366&bih=629&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbnid=vt0G0hishzsmmM:&imgrefurl=http://www.classic.rc-junkies.net/%3Fp%3D414&docid=SvlVK6rBTIb4lM&imgurl=http://www.classic.rc-junkies.net/wp-content/gallery/mini_cooper_rmc_1967/kyosho_mini_cooper_008.jpg&w=540&h=505&ei=0QNoULenC8vitQbBy4DwBw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=487&vpy=174&dur=1436&hovh=217&hovw=232&tx=111&ty=124&sig=116693025390407078836&page=2&tbnh=132&tbnw=138&start=19&ndsp=29&ved=1t:429,r:9,s:19,i:164

I hope my buddy will push it to me, it is british racing green Very Happy
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:45 am

That is the same crankshaft as my original nissan motor.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:15 am

Thank you pv pilot. So I can start to rebuilt a engine with this parts. I will make the order for parts soon.

I think Ex models has the ground cylinder in stock. Another Question: Should I order mylar or teflon reeds? What is better for a car engine? I think I have to replace them in both of my cars.

I already tried another (white) backplate which uses the star shaped copper reed. The performance was not as good as with the modern reeds.
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MeerschaumSteve Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:10 am

That case and crank to my untrained eyes look like normal airplane ones.

Could you use a fresh case and reinforced diesel crank from coxinternational as an upgrade?

By the way, I think your VERY lucky to find one of those cars, I would just love to have the cox nissan, or indy RC car!
MeerschaumSteve
MeerschaumSteve
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:06 am

Thank you. Yes it was luck, that the seller shipped to germany. Now it is time to get the car running. At the moment i am racing with the kyosho every free minute, great fun and performance. I will order some parts now, maybe from ex models because they have the cylinder in stock.

Btw i did not gave up to get the mini Cooper. Hope next month
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:58 am

No News about the Kyosho Cox Mini Sad

But with a bit luck I will get another Kyosho Cox powered car.
It is the before mentioned Ferarri F189 Car. Sadly some parts like flywheel and clutchbell are missing, but it is in a good overall condition and only 2 times runned yet.

It would be really nice, maybe I can go out and start a ,,real'' 90ies racing than lol!
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 3 Empty Little Video You tube

Post  coxaddicted Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:36 am

Hello Guys,

i have now managed to upload a little video of the Kyosho 0.49 Espo Larousse F1 Car.
The Video ist from this summer and shows an early run of the little car.

I am very sorry for the bad quality (cell phone Very Happy)

I will add a running video soon. The first one I have taken is very bad because i have to handle a cell phone and the transmitter at the same time and I am not capable of multi tasking lol!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2y01LEUaro&feature=youtu.be
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 3 Empty Kyosho Cox 0.49 short run

Post  coxaddicted Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:30 am

Hey,

I have managed now to upload little videos on you tube and would like to show you my little cox powered cars r/c cars. I will start with the kyosho as it is the only one running now.

Yesterday I took my cam to my little home ,,circuit'' and made a short video from my Kyosho Cox 0.49 F1 car while running.
The quality is better now, I hope you enjoy it. I still have not found anybody who assist with the cam, so the view is a little bit strange:

Furthermore I made a short video of the needle adjustment. Maybe somebody with experience (I guess anybody here has more experience than me Laughing ) could take a look or ,,hear'' at 01:08. I think the engine kills because of too lean adjustment.
It's a fine line between too lean and too rich. If the car runs rich it is very slow but stable, with very lean adjustment it runs very fast and reaches very high rpm but kills if you decrease throttle and open it again. Everytime i go out with the car I have to find the best setup between to lean and too rich, needle setup is a endurance job Very Happy

I wonder if you have the same problems with you cox engines for the model aircrafts. Or do you have got a standard setup which you just have to adjust a little bit.
Look and ,,hear'':

Don't scare about the wild noises, they come from the drive train and gear box.

Looking forward to hear from you.
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:56 am

Here is another short run.

This time with full throttle and a little crash DAMMIT!

Hope you enjoy!
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 3 Empty Scuderia Ferrari

Post  coxaddicted Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:17 am

There is a ,,new'' member in my little cox shop Hand Shake

I won the Ferarri F189 auction cheers

I will post any news about this new project if it is for anyone interesting???

Common guys...
is this topic so boring, or why no one writes unless me??? lol!

It is the same chassis as my kyosho cox, it is in good condition but some important parts are missing (clutch bell and flywheel).
I bought it for spare parts but I hope I can rebuild it.

Here are some pics from the auction:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/190748394764?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

If I can fix it, exciting races will be driven in the future Wink
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:54 pm

Got a series. Next must have is focussed Very Happy
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MeerschaumSteve Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:08 am

Hey, I really enjoyed the video's, and the car looks to be running really well!
When I flew the .049 airplanes, I remember having to fiddle with the needle on almost every flight. So, I think that's normal for the cars too.
I don't know where everybody else is, but I'm still here Smile
MeerschaumSteve
MeerschaumSteve
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:46 am

Very Happy Thanks for your post regarding the needle.

The cars are something more specific with the needle because you use them also for engine priming (It is not possible to prime with a nozzle, no access to the exhaust port). You have to close the needle completely, than open 4 times anti clockwise, start and than you have to turn the needle clockwise until the leanest point (highest rpm), promptly turn the needle 1/4 anti clockwise and it should run smooth ( in the theory Laughing )

Last evening I was in my little shop and thougt about the cox stocker. I would like to assemble a little fan, as from my point of view the motor gets not enough cooling due to the car-body.

The fan is from a 1,57x1,57inch CPU Cooler, the heatsink will be dismantled. It needs a 12V power device. Maybe I could take a small Camera battery which is small and light too, or I will add two micro batteries and connect them with the 9v block in series:
RC Cars Cox 0.49 (Cox Stocker Kyosho f1,beetle) Killer Bee Backplate New Video! - Page 3 Cox_co10

I wonder if this zip starter will fit on the cox stocker too ??? (Looks very close to the original one):
http://www.ebay.de/itm/4936-63-Graupner-Kyosho-Datsun-Stepside-Zipstange-NEU-/370680138615?pt=RC_Modellbau&hash=item564e420b77

Uih, my new must have is going to blast my budget Sad Goodbye

coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next