Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Vintage Rc Cars - Now with Video of the Chevy Stadium Truck :) New Cars!!! Cox_ba12

Vintage Rc Cars - Now with Video of the Chevy Stadium Truck :) New Cars!!! Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by akjgardner Today at 6:10 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rdw777 Today at 5:42 am

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by MauricioB Today at 4:50 am

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by MauricioB Yesterday at 10:11 pm

» Post your Older books
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:51 pm

» EXTREMELY RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "BLACK WIDOW" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» I break for Turtles....
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:38 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 6:27 pm

» Ball - Socket Joints
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:06 pm

» A little nostalgia…
by MauricioB Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» A new useful transport vehicle
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 10:32 am

» TAPLIN TWIN 7ccm
by grant.symes Yesterday at 3:29 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Vintage Rc Cars - Now with Video of the Chevy Stadium Truck :) New Cars!!! Empty
Live on Patrol

Vintage Rc Cars - Now with Video of the Chevy Stadium Truck :) New Cars!!!

Go down

Vintage Rc Cars - Now with Video of the Chevy Stadium Truck :) New Cars!!! Empty Vintage Rc Cars - Now with Video of the Chevy Stadium Truck :) New Cars!!!

Post  coxaddicted Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:07 am

Hello Guys,

I wonder, if anyone here has electric powered vintage Rc Cars too. I know it is a cox forum but maybe there is some interest.

I have got the following Vintage Rc Cars:

Tamiya Holiday Buggy 1980 ( with a second chassis )

Tamiya XR 311 1979 (mus be somewhere, not completed yet and never run)

Kyosho Beetle 1983 ( I think in USA purchased under  Small Cox Logo  Brand)

The Beetle was my first reasonable radio controlled modell. The other Cars are gifts from my older brothers.

Maybe here are some guys who own one of these modells. I thougt about selling them on ebay, but I think it is a shame and I would regret in a few years. I think I try to restore them.

As I've got a second Holiday Buggy Chassis, I am thinking of fixing a Cox engine on this chassis.
It would be very cool to have a cox powered rc car for a little bit offroad tongue.

Maybe it is a nonsense but there is much space on the chassis. What do you think?

Last edited by coxaddicted on Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:18 am; edited 3 times in total
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Vintage Rc Cars - Now with Video of the Chevy Stadium Truck :) New Cars!!! Empty Re: Vintage Rc Cars - Now with Video of the Chevy Stadium Truck :) New Cars!!!

Post  John Goddard Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:44 am

I had a Tamiya B2B in the Martini racing colours around 78/79.
unfortunately my little Brother burnt it when he set fire to my Parents
house around 81.
We got the truth out of him around 2006 after 8 or 9 beers.
'Strangely' the so and so has now retracted the drunken admission
and gone back to the 30 year old lie version......
lol!

I'm going to kill him look at this,-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TAMIYA-58017-B2B-RACING-SIDECAR-VINTAGE-RC-RADIO-CONTROL-NEW-IN-BOX-NIB-/300402843064?pt=US_Character_Radio_Control_Toys&hash=item45f1679db8
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Vintage Rc Cars - Now with Video of the Chevy Stadium Truck :) New Cars!!! Empty Re: Vintage Rc Cars - Now with Video of the Chevy Stadium Truck :) New Cars!!!

Post  coxaddicted Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:21 am

Omg mr goddard thats not good for family life. In my family, i was the little brother who destroyed near every Toy of my 2 older brothers.

I will post a pic of the poor holiday buggy or should i say ,,bones,,
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:26 am

Oh, that reminds me, I promised to sort and photo that sack of RC car parts I found. I'll see if I can get that done this weekend.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:38 am

If you find OFF roader rear tires for a tamiya holiday buggy in the sack. You know now who is interested Very Happy

Last edited by coxaddicted on Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:02 am

Here is a picture of some Holiday Buggy parts. As per the Kyosho Cox 0.49 Car I have stored everything regarding rc Cars in an attic of a collegue (I did this because I had to move from my parents house a decade ago and had no time and place to store the parts in my little appartment. In order to prevent that my parents throw away some cars, I was very pleased with the offer of my collegue to store the parts for better times ).

Vintage Rc Cars - Now with Video of the Chevy Stadium Truck :) New Cars!!! Dscf4220

It was a mistake because he dissassembled every chassis and throw it into boxes (But I do not regret, everything seems to be still there)

It's like playing with LEGO
Laughing

Vintage Rc Cars - Now with Video of the Chevy Stadium Truck :) New Cars!!! Dscf4221

Monday I will visit him and catch some boxes. I've got already a manual for the holiday buggy. Hopefully I will find all parts in order to begin the restoration (The Idea with the Small Cox Logo engine is not out of sight!!!)

The Kyosho beetle is not dissasembled but some parts are missing.

Can't wait to have them back home bounce
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:55 pm

Little Update:

I went to my friend and picked up the box with the old r/c Cars yesterday.

The following pictures showing the condition of the cars when I found them on the dark cellar:

Tamiya Holiday Buggy 1980:

Vintage Rc Cars - Now with Video of the Chevy Stadium Truck :) New Cars!!! Dscf4222

In the meantime it is ,,rolling chassis''. The body with the broken windshild/roof is already patched. Luckily I found between the parts the correct front/rear Bumper and a pair of rear tires which have still some pimples on.

The front suspension system (with ballpoint springs lol! ) is very fragil. I used the chassis where the holding fixtures already broken and fixed with a let me say ,,russian method'' but it works! The 2nd chassis is not broken and I will keep it as a spare part.

The Holiday Buggy was re-released in 2010 (with modern chassis), that is pretty cool so I can order new decals which look the same as in 1980.

The engine mount is a little bit curious, maybe for the bigger mabucchi 540 motor. I have to take a closer look on the drive train.
But every part seems to be there.

Kyosho Beetle/Scorpion 1983:

Vintage Rc Cars - Now with Video of the Chevy Stadium Truck :) New Cars!!! Dscf4223

This was my first real r/c car. I had many funny hours with this thing. This car abound every try to destroy it lol!
You can see a tamiya rs 540 sports tuned in the background. If it still works, I will mount it again.
- Funny without differential, Smile
- in order to political correctnes I should mount it on the holiday buggy, and look for something more powerful

The body is very battered, I'll try to buy a repro body on Ebay. Today I repaired already the front shock (missing in this picture).
I think all four shocks need new oil. The front bumper is broken but still there, I will use it as a model for a repro bumper

For me, it would be very cool to resurrect this car. Really nice construction with all these aluminium parts

Tamiya XR 311 / BMW March both end 70's:

Vintage Rc Cars - Now with Video of the Chevy Stadium Truck :) New Cars!!! Dscf4224

The XR 311 is missing Sad that is really bad. I like this modell because it is very detailled and also valuable.
The March is completely disassembled but all parts should be there. I think it is a project for next year.
Maybe I will sell this one because I have got enough cox engine powered Formel cars. And hey, nothing is better than a cox powered r/c car lol!

If it is of anybodys interest I will continue this topic.
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:49 am

I am thinking about spending the Kyosho Beetle a brushless drive train.

A gearbox of a newer Traxxas Buggy will fit I think.

Regarding the Body, i am thinking about to fix a Tamiya Sand Scorcher body. The Wheelbase is not the same but I think I can abridge the chassis easily. The look would be very cool I think.

The Idea of a Cox powered Buggy is also still in my thoughts. I don't know how to build the clutch at the moment.
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:29 pm

News: i catched a repro body for the beetle
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:34 am

The front suspension of the beetle is repaired cheers

A Asso controller is also ordered

Not many steps left to run the car Beer Cheers
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:30 am

I am a lazy man.

I did stupid things, and bought a Traxxas Slash 2wd with brushless system Affraid or WOW! and also some tuning parts like metal gear box and so on.

But it is better in order to conservate the classic cars.

I think the Traxxas is the right Thing for bashing
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:28 am

Today I received the Traxxas Slash,

man what a ,,big'' thing. Looks more like 1:8 Scale than 1:10, but American Cars are even bigger than the European lol! .
The car comes with a complette brushless tuning kit and nice parts like alu gear, big bore alu shocks and most available rpm tuning parts. So only the ground plate and body is still Traxxas.

I also received a TBG-Canada repro body for the Kyosho beetle which fits perfect.
It will take some time to restore the beetle. I have to find a new gearing first, it will be rebuild with stock parts.
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:57 am

OT: I am still addicted to the slash, a 3S Lipo is ordered Devil

Beetle Update:

In the meantime the Asso Controller for the beetle was delivered, sadly I ordered one for 1/24 micro Cars and I don't think it will last very long. Therefore I bought another ESC.

The Car is cleaned now and I also found some missing parts of the drivetrain. Most of the Rc/stuff is pre-installed and it absolved a sucessfull bench test. Today I will braze the racing pack banana connectors.

Maybe I will post a picture later.

coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:49 am

Here are some pics:

The electric's are pre installed for a short test, the cables between ESC and racing pack will be changed soon Laughing

Vintage Rc Cars - Now with Video of the Chevy Stadium Truck :) New Cars!!! Dscf4410

Here you can see the drivetrain, I have got 2 different speed gears, I think this is the short one.
Sadly the gearbox is leaking a bit, don't know yet how to solve that.

Vintage Rc Cars - Now with Video of the Chevy Stadium Truck :) New Cars!!! Dscf4412

Here you can see how small the Beetle is (Compared with the Slash in the background), but it shows also that both cars are in correct scale.

Vintage Rc Cars - Now with Video of the Chevy Stadium Truck :) New Cars!!! Dscf4413

Rear view. The slash reaches up to 60 Mph on 3S Lipo Devil It is really a Beast.

Vintage Rc Cars - Now with Video of the Chevy Stadium Truck :) New Cars!!! Dscf4414

New Body Kit for the Beetle. If you have an idea in which color I should spray it, let me know confused
Vintage Rc Cars - Now with Video of the Chevy Stadium Truck :) New Cars!!! Dscf4415

The Holiday Buggy is still a ,,roller''
Vintage Rc Cars - Now with Video of the Chevy Stadium Truck :) New Cars!!! Dscf4319

Hope you enjoy this Topic
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  WingingIt74 Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:32 pm

I have my younger cousin's Traxxas Hawk 2 with a black chassis, that I am restoring. The only ones I have ever seen have a white chassis.
WingingIt74
WingingIt74
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/wingingit74/

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Thu May 30, 2013 7:52 am

Due to too many projects I regret to say that I have sold the Tamiya Holiday Buggy Sad Goodbye

But hey, I have got a new Thing to play. This time a nitro tongue It should be a Kyosho but I don't know if it is really a Kyosho. If somebody knows this model please advice.

It has a recoil starter 2wd and Chevy Body, here is a picture:

Vintage Rc Cars - Now with Video of the Chevy Stadium Truck :) New Cars!!! Chevy_10

Vintage Rc Cars - Now with Video of the Chevy Stadium Truck :) New Cars!!! Chevy_11

Can't wait for cleaning it!
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  OVERLORD Thu May 30, 2013 8:21 am

coxaddicted wrote:Hello Guys,

I wonder, if anyone here has electric powered vintage Rc Cars too. I know it is a cox forum but maybe there is some interest.

I didn't know but apparently, Cox DID manufacture or sell some electric powered RC cars: the Bandido and the Tomahawk. Have a look at the manuals over here:

http://www.competitionx.com/rc-manuals/cars-and-trucks/cox-manuals/

Lieven
OVERLORD
OVERLORD
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:18 pm

OVERLORD wrote:
coxaddicted wrote:Hello Guys,

I didn't know but apparently, Cox DID manufacture or sell some electric powered RC cars: the Bandido and the Tomahawk. Have a look at the manuals over here:

http://www.competitionx.com/rc-manuals/cars-and-trucks/cox-manuals/

Lieven

Hey Lieven,

thank you. the Tomahawk uses the same Chassis (with slight differences) as my beetle. All these cars were made by Kyosho and were sold under the Small Cox Logo brand in USA. In Germany they where distributed by Graupner during the Eighties.

Today I received the Chevy Very Happy

Everything seems to be in order (except the leaking shock absorbers). Therefore I decided to give it a try before dissasembling and cleaning. New fuel lines, a receiver and battery, thats all. It runs!!! Btw: I have to find a manual for the engine, it is a Super Tiger GP 10 Magnum Engine. I think it is normally for a plane (look at the muffler). I am happy that this car is not a garbage can, I hope I will get it back on the track soon. It is reallly nice and small, the engine is quiter than I supposed. An interesting fact is that this car hasn't good any ball-bearing, maybe I will change this.

Here are some Pictures of the chassis out of the box, needs some TLC but nothing is cracked even the tires are still ok:
Vintage Rc Cars - Now with Video of the Chevy Stadium Truck :) New Cars!!! Dscf5210
Vintage Rc Cars - Now with Video of the Chevy Stadium Truck :) New Cars!!! Dscf5211
Vintage Rc Cars - Now with Video of the Chevy Stadium Truck :) New Cars!!! Dscf5212
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  OVERLORD Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:01 pm

Hello Coxaddicted,

Seems that you made a good deal. Hope you get it running well and we're looking forward to a video.

For the manual, did you try the thread on RC Groups? Have a look here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=955929

Lieven
OVERLORD
OVERLORD
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:14 am

OVERLORD wrote:Hello Coxaddicted,

Seems that you made a good deal. Hope you get it running well and we're looking forward to a video.

For the manual, did you try the thread on RC Groups? Have a look here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=955929

Lieven

Hey Lieven,

thank you very much! The Link was helpful. I was a little bit confused because there are many manufacteurs like Thunder Tiger, Super Tiger, Super Tigre. This engine is a Taiwan made Thunder Tiger, I found a manual which will help.

I will come Back soon.
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:41 am

It runs!!!

The engine is a little gem. Starting is easy and tuning is even easier than a cox - really a reliable Thing. Of course, this should not mean that I do not want to have anymore coxengines lol!

I only tested this car onroad, I don't know if it will hold long in Off Road use. But it is fun too!

I will make a video soon, if anybody wants to see Huh...
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:07 am

Ha ha, great fun this oldschool car. I t makes nice donuts, if you want!

Here is a short driving video. I will not take it off Road, it is over 20 years old and I have no time or desire for cleaning or waiting for spare parts.

As mentioned before this was a Ebay haul. I didn't do more than new fuel lines, a modern radio and fuel thats all. Really a good haul I would say only the clutch is a little bit slippy. (Sorry for the bad quality, im really bad at the cam)

coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  reptile Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:44 pm

Nice!!
reptile
reptile
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  coxaddicted Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:40 am

Hey Guys!

Some of you have already noticed that i am a little bit a away from cox engines. It is because i am more interested in rc cars - but I will keep all my cox rc modells - of course (The Stocker has to be finished now Very Happy ).

The above mentioned Stadium Truck is for sale - if anybody has interest please send me a pm. It is a vintage Truck in near mint condition - not used very often - only the tires are a little bit old. The engine (Thunder Tiger) is running excellent!

I just want to inform that I have some new projects from the 90ies beside my new Turnigy Buggy:

Kyosho Mantis GP from the mid 90ies in good condition - I will make a ,,poser'' car of it: Honda S 2000 Body, it has ambitions to be a ,,Drifter'' - I like this chassis very much because of the clean design.

Kyosho Spider MKI GP 4WD with original McLaren Body from the mid 90ies disassembled in poor condition but only screaws and the pullstarter are missing. Will be restored because I know that this chassis is one of the best at that time - pure racing Smile -my favourite - already some Kyosho Option parts build in.

Kyosho Alpha GP 4wd WRC Series Ford Cosworth, in poor condition Rally car but with many spare Parts. This chassis will get a .15 Kyosho Engine for some extra power and will be used as a let me say Bash-car. I will use it as a real rally car.

Pictures will follow, I hope you enjoy it and maybe some of you know this cars. If somebody has a Kyosho gs pullstarter please let me know!

Regards
coxaddicted
coxaddicted
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down