Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

COX Flight Contest: What's Your Entry? Cox_ba12

COX Flight Contest: What's Your Entry? Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by 944_Jim Today at 8:58 pm

» Tired of it all…
by Admin Today at 8:36 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by OVERLORD Today at 2:20 pm

» PT-19 Mayhem at Buder Park...a Decade Ago!!!!
by Kim Today at 7:41 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:46 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Today at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 4:16 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

COX Flight Contest: What's Your Entry? Empty
Live on Patrol

COX Flight Contest: What's Your Entry?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

COX Flight Contest: What's Your Entry? Empty COX Flight Contest: What's Your Entry?

Post  GUS THE I.A. Mon May 13, 2013 12:32 am

I was able to put some flights on this one today. Wind was forcast to be 8 mph, but was actually 12 to 18 with gusts of about 25 mph. I had to get it airborne, anyway, and man, this thing rockets! The engine had stellar performance: it ran on COX Super Fuel. Other fliers were amazed at it's performance. I think I could do well with the QRC on this airframe - but, this was a blast! For curiosity's sake, we timed one flight, after it had been aloft for a short time, and an entire ounce ran the engine for longer than 5 minutes. I'm still in the test phase for which engine to enter, but I think this is the plane to use!

Come on, let's see what you're going to enter!COX Flight Contest: What's Your Entry? 100_1215
GUS THE I.A.
GUS THE I.A.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

COX Flight Contest: What's Your Entry? Empty Black Hawk Models' Scientific "Stunt Trainer" and "Little Traveler" !!!!

Post  Kim Mon May 13, 2013 6:24 am

My intended main ride is gonna be control line with this Black Hawk/Scientific "Stunt Trainer" (yes, "some assembly still required").

I'm also using Ron's little contest as an excuse to knock the dust off of "Little Traveler", my modified cross-country Minnie Mambo, and have it out, making a few laps to give the field another R/C flyer. If Ron thinks it's legal, I'm gonna see if War Dog likes Bernie's throttled backplate !!!

COX Flight Contest: What's Your Entry? Scient10

COX Flight Contest: What's Your Entry? 3_13

COX Flight Contest: What's Your Entry? 5_12

COX Flight Contest: What's Your Entry? 2_17

COX Flight Contest: What's Your Entry? 6_11
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

COX Flight Contest: What's Your Entry? Empty Re: COX Flight Contest: What's Your Entry?

Post  Cribbs74 Mon May 13, 2013 8:26 am

Yeah it's legal.

As long as War Dog is passed back and forth.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

COX Flight Contest: What's Your Entry? Empty Re: COX Flight Contest: What's Your Entry?

Post  Kim Mon May 13, 2013 12:40 pm

cribbs74 wrote:Yeah it's legal.

As long as War Dog is passed back and forth.

Yep, that's the deal: "Traveling War Dog" !
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GUS THE I.A. Mon May 13, 2013 1:07 pm

Cool! Multiple airframes, good idea! There's a peg in one of the pictures... is that your pilot? Looks rather stoic, but neato. Is the Scientific plane really capable of some aerobatics? Flat wing, I wouldn't know.

Maybe we could run a side event about how many different airframes we are able to compete with, also. I don't want to infringe on the original contest, but we could note: "And this month I operated the engine on X, Y and Z airplanes."

Any idea yet, how many combatants, uh, entrants are planning to do the contest? Will late entries be allowed, after June 1st? I think they should be allowed, they will just have less time to compete, if they enter late. Geez, another question... Are the reported times made public each month, or will Ron hold them in secret - on Funk and Wagnall's porch, in a mayonaise jar?

This is going to be fun, and my preparatory flying has already generated some interest at the field! Come on June!

Last edited by GUS THE I.A. on Mon May 13, 2013 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : A misspelling- can't have that!)
GUS THE I.A.
GUS THE I.A.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Mon May 13, 2013 5:39 pm

I've flown a bunch of the flat-wing Scientific Models, and they all will do reasonable stunts with a good engine. I'm talking simple stuff like loops and eights and inverted. The smaller-winged ones like "Zig-Zag" seemed to almost fall from the sky when the engine quit, though.

Patrick's flat-wing Sig Dewey Bird and Skyray glide nicely, so I'm hoping the Stunt Trainer will too. BTW, the "Big Otto" and "Zipper" models (built-up wings) have great glides, and can be landed without a Space Shuttle-type dive for airspeed.

Yeah, think it'd been great to have a bunch of different planes...with the same engine of course...but don't want to muddy Ron's contest rules!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Mon May 13, 2013 11:15 pm

I guess mine will be Baby Streak #1 with the Tee Dee .051. I'd like for it to be the Li'l Satan, but its flying time is more limited by wind than the BFS.

COX Flight Contest: What's Your Entry? Baby_f10

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Thu May 16, 2013 9:09 pm

Here's mine,

The tired and reworked for the 6th time, TD powered Jumpin Bean. Doug, the TD works great! Lot's of umph!!!

So much so I am going to go 6x3 on the prop.

COX Flight Contest: What's Your Entry? 9sULXfvl
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Thu May 16, 2013 10:28 pm

The ol' Bean. Very Happy Does it fly straight now?
Just for kicks you could try a 5-1/4x3 prop on that Tee Dee sometime... if you can fit 45' lines in your field. The sound of the engine screaming around the circle will make you smile. It won't even know when it just flew a loop. It makes the plane cut through the wind like a knife too.

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Fri May 17, 2013 7:23 am

Yeah it flies straight, should keep good line tension now too. I'll try the new incarnation this weekend hopefully.

I'll start out with the 6x3 and work from there. I'll trim it down if needed. 42' os a no go untill I can wack off some tree limbs.

Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GUS THE I.A. Sat May 18, 2013 5:17 pm

Wow! Look at that engine glow! (Shine!) Is that one from here? You did a nice job on it! Good luck, too.

The weather has been somewhat accomodating to flying, so I went! Bunny is a good trainer. We'll leave it at that! The QRC did a wonderful job pulling it around: It was even able to take off from the runway, rather than hand-launching. The other guys thought that was cool. But then, they wanted to see me perform a touch-and-go with it. I drew the line on a take off. Some people's kids!

I made this rainbow-colored C/L plane, a week or two ago, and I commandeered the runway, one evening, and had some of the guys fly it. The plane started building light-but finished heavy. Anyway, it will just fly with the Babe Bee on it, but, one guy decided to do a loop-UPWIND-with it: It won't! We glued it back together, and flew it some more. There might be more entries from here than just me, because interest is being generated, in these neat engines! Also, they see the variety of things that I'm flying with them, and it doesn't hurt any to be economical! Probably won't set any records, but it sure is fun!
GUS THE I.A.
GUS THE I.A.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sat May 18, 2013 6:53 pm

Good work, Gus!

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  GUS THE I.A. Sat May 25, 2013 2:20 am

You all can probably tell that I am excited for the contest to commence... So, I was wondering: What are the prizes? Besides building-up a fleet of 1/2A airplanes, and the joy we'll have flying them, I was curious about what is the winner to receive. This is probably directed more toward Ron, as he is coordinating the event. Also, will the times be posted each month, or held in secret?

June 1st is just about a week from now, and I'm on the edge of my seat!
GUS THE I.A.
GUS THE I.A.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sat May 25, 2013 7:35 am

The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat. lol!

Actually I don't know if there are prizes. Maybe when Ron wakes up he'll tell us.

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sat May 25, 2013 9:05 am

RknRusty wrote:The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat. lol!

Actually I don't know if there are prizes. Maybe when Ron wakes up he'll tell us.

Taken from page 3 of the contest rules thread................

"I spoke with Matt from ExmodelEngines. He agreed to help out with our little endeavor.

So, whoever wins in each class RC/CL will receive a free Taipan Serpent. Seems like a win/win to me, you fly a lot and win an engine."

Ron

Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GUS THE I.A. Sat May 25, 2013 9:27 am

Yay! Cool! I'm going for both of 'em! I'll have planes in both categories, using the same engine. I'm starting a build of a Baby Birdy, now; using ACE foam wings and a bunch of balsa. It should be a neat flier. And Purple! Hmmm, now to whip-up a tether car and an airboat...

Just kidding! I'm just really eager to start making official flights, though!

Last edited by GUS THE I.A. on Sat May 25, 2013 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To temper, or dampen my greed and enthusiasm.)
GUS THE I.A.
GUS THE I.A.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sat May 25, 2013 9:55 pm

I like the edit reason Doug, that's funny!

Yeah, I have no prob with anyone gunning for both. Just keep in mind if you spread your time across two categories you are going to have to fly a ton to stay ahead of the guy who is concentrating on one category.

As far as I know Matt at Exmodel only agreed to supply two engines for the cause. I would have to re-engage if we have entrants in other classes. Tether car, airboat etc......

As it stands we only have entrants for CL/RC

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  WingingIt74 Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:45 am

Here is mine. PinchFlat built it specially for this contest. Although it has a Babe Bee... It looks to be begging for a TD.

COX Flight Contest: What's Your Entry? Photo10
WingingIt74
WingingIt74
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/wingingit74/

Back to top Go down

Post  GUS THE I.A. Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:19 pm

Ooooo, one of those funny airfoils! Cool. How much does it weigh? Is the break, or step, in the airfoil critical, to make it work well? Mine would be purple! Just saying...
GUS THE I.A.
GUS THE I.A.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  mitchg95 Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:25 pm

My question, is a cox ff heli aloud to be in the contest???
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  GUS THE I.A. Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:29 pm

They're hellaloud!
GUS THE I.A.
GUS THE I.A.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  mitchg95 Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:31 pm

lol, mine has never been flown and this would be a cool way to get to flying it
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  mitchg95 Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:41 pm

COX Flight Contest: What's Your Entry? ANP3J1hl
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Pinchflat Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:50 pm

Travis's plane weighs right at 12oz with no fuel.
The step in the wing is pretty critical as far as % of cord. On the KFm4 it should be 50%. If it is top only it should be 30%.
My electric version of this plane would crack 100 mph and the twin engine version weighed 20oz with the same wing area.
Pinchflat
Pinchflat
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  mitchg95 Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:09 am

my planes almost done, just started it tonight
COX Flight Contest: What's Your Entry? V4Y4vU1l
COX Flight Contest: What's Your Entry? 6aRuM6Fl
COX Flight Contest: What's Your Entry? XFaOAlel
thinking of throwing my .010 in it
COX Flight Contest: What's Your Entry? SBWSub4l
just need some red spray paint to seal the wood, i have all electronics on hand. im going to use 3 or 4 gram servos, for the most part this uses the wing, elevator and rudder from a 1/8a littlist stick. Fuselage is made from 1/4x1x10.5'' balsa
mitchg95
mitchg95
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next