Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Meet Bunny... Cox_ba12

Meet Bunny... Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Nostalgia alert, my 1959 Corvette revisited
by Admin Today at 1:11 pm

» 12 string guitar suggestions
by akjgardner Today at 11:36 am

» A choke-tube with velocity-stack configured Bee
by roddie Today at 10:48 am

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by rsv1cox Today at 10:26 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by getback Today at 9:55 am

» WenMac 049 - Glow Plug & Head Gasket replacements?
by Ken Cook Today at 8:06 am

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by rsv1cox Today at 7:32 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» Prayers for my Wife Please
by akjgardner Yesterday at 10:28 am

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Fri May 17, 2024 4:30 pm

» "Red Neck" .049 elec. starter
by getback Fri May 17, 2024 7:19 am

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Fri May 17, 2024 5:35 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Meet Bunny... Empty
Live on Patrol

Meet Bunny...

Go down

Meet Bunny... Empty Meet Bunny...

Post  GUS THE I.A. Tue May 14, 2013 8:45 pm

Here is another airframe possibility for the COX Flight Contest. It uses a GWS foam wing and a 2 mm foam fuselage and tail, on a hollow triangle boom made from 1/16" sheet balsa. It is all lightly painted, to resist fuel and exhaust, and up on the front-a clean, good running Cox QRC! This is rudder and elevator, only, but it worked fine in this configuration, as an electric, so, more power to it! Only a couple of weeks before the contest begins! Let's see your entries. I'm still in test mode!Meet Bunny... 100_1216Meet Bunny... 100_1217
GUS THE I.A.
GUS THE I.A.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Meet Bunny... Empty Re: Meet Bunny...

Post  Cribbs74 Tue May 14, 2013 9:51 pm

Cool Doug,

How many models are you going to come up with? Very Happy it's like a regular plane factory up there. Did you fire up the old Stearman plant?

Any of those should do fine, I think as far as settling on a power plant you may want to go the TD/medallion route due to reliability. If you choose the .051 you may want to put an .049 cylinder on it. .051 cylinders are a little hard to find.

Just a thought. In the end it's up to you!!!!

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GUS THE I.A. Tue May 14, 2013 10:12 pm

Hopefully, I won't destroy the engine during the contest year. The C/L stuff takes off from pavement, but flies over the grass. You know. And, I really do not intend to honk the bejeebers out of the engine, so hard, max-power running won't be my goal of performance. That's why I'm trying to sort-out which combination to compete with. It has to be easy enough, and fun to operate-not a screaming handful, every time it flies!

What would the other cylinder do for it? I hadn't even thought about modding an engine. I need something that will fly in less-than-ideal conditions, so I can fly, and win!

The QRC, with the integral fuel tank, is kind of not the way I want to go, due to the capacity of fuel, and run-time it provides. It seems to have the power required, on the ground, but I haven't flown it yet, and the Stik plane boogied, with the .051 on it.
GUS THE I.A.
GUS THE I.A.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Tue May 14, 2013 10:17 pm

The .049 cylinder won't do anything for it or against it. That is if you use a #4 TD .049 cylinder.

A Surestart .049 cylinder on a TD will perform about the same as the .051. The TD cylinders are a little hard to find new. Surestart cylinders can be bought new for around $12-15.

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GUS THE I.A. Tue May 14, 2013 10:23 pm

Oh geez, I don't know what I have. What would go wrong with the cylinder? What about the piston? You're making this hard! Shocked

P.S. I am going to balance the Shoestring...It was WAY nose heavy! Thanks!
GUS THE I.A.
GUS THE I.A.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Wed May 15, 2013 8:57 am

They are just suggesting yo use an .049 top end to preserve your .051 from excessive wear. To get another .051 top end you pretty much have to buy a whole new engine.
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Wed May 15, 2013 10:18 am

Yeah,

Sorry man, didn't mean to make it difficult. Like Matt said, I was just saying if you fly the .051 for a whole year it may wear out. Then again, it may not. I was just suggesting to use something less valuable.

If you have a bunch of .051's or spares then have at it. Even if you don't..... Have at it! lol!

Ron

Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Wed May 15, 2013 10:22 pm

If it eases your mind any I am probably going to use your TD. 049 for the event and it has a bonifide #4 cylinder on it. Yeah man, I'm a genuine rebel!!!

I probably should mention that although I am flying, as the host I am making myself not eligible for prizes. I just want to fly!!!!

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Wed May 15, 2013 11:05 pm

I'll be flying a bonafide original Tee Dee .051. I think I'll give it a good checkup before I start putting it to work full time. Might even reset the ball socket. Since I started using a bigger hammer I've done a couple without ruining them. I'll try not to close my eyes before I clobber it. lol!
If I bust this one, I guess I'll buy a new TD .049 P/C from Bernie.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  GUS THE I.A. Thu May 16, 2013 4:14 am

Ah, good! So, besides War Dog, The Reedy, we now have a few TDs lined-up for battle!

And Ron, you WERE able to make heads or tails from the bones I gave you? There's nothing like shooting yourself in the foot, is there? My foot, of course! I hope you have them running well! I didn't see alot of promise in them when they became yours, but I hoped you could CO(a)X them to life!

Now I'm working on another plane...Using BRM airfoil and slightly longer tail moment, and a portion of a large Vitamin D3 bottle, I'm gonna have a....DRUM ROLL... STUNT GEE BEE, for the .051 Tee Dee. Should be together by this weekend, and of couse, the scallops will be - PURPLE! It's a recognizable airframe shape, so, fiddeling the colors to fit my other planes, I think I get a pass on this "scale job". Otherwise, it would have been red.

Oh, and I have this little gizzonkle piece- aluminum, finned glow head that accepts a standard glow PLUG, but the threads to attach it to anything, are on the I.D. of the piece. A picture I took is fuzzy, because the camera can't see that close, so I didn't post it. I will, if some one wants it and know what it is used on. To be continued...
GUS THE I.A.
GUS THE I.A.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down