Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Cox Electric Control line Aeroplanes - Page 2 Cox_ba12

Cox Electric Control line Aeroplanes - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Today at 12:38 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by Admin Today at 10:31 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by GTO455 Today at 8:11 am

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by rsv1cox Today at 7:41 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 7:29 am

» Post your Older books
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:51 pm

» EXTREMELY RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "BLACK WIDOW" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» I brake for Turtles....
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:38 pm

» Ball - Socket Joints
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:06 pm

» A little nostalgia…
by MauricioB Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» A new useful transport vehicle
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 10:32 am

» TAPLIN TWIN 7ccm
by grant.symes Yesterday at 3:29 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Cox Electric Control line Aeroplanes - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

Cox Electric Control line Aeroplanes

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Cox Electric Control line Aeroplanes - Page 2 Empty Re: Cox Electric Control line Aeroplanes

Post  pkrankow Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:48 pm

Stunthanger has a e-power control line section. The electric powered models do outperform glow power, but not by much. 75 watts is about the output of a Cox .049.

Phil
pkrankow
pkrankow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Cox Electric Control line Aeroplanes - Page 2 Empty Re: Cox Electric Control line Aeroplanes

Post  Mark Boesen Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:26 pm

batjac wrote:
Mark Boesen wrote:I think I would be a really cool project and with modern equipment fly totally different, probably add 3'-5' to the line length. It would be interesting to do a before and after of: weight, rpm, lap times, etc.

A bottle of foam friendly CA is almost a must to have in the shop for foam repair.

I have a bottle of Bob Smith Industries Foam-Cure EPP foam glue that I've not opened up yet.  Think that's safe to try?  I have nothing I can test it on, as there's not scrap on the plane to try.

The Trepidatious Mark

I've never used that stuff? Here's what I was talking about, you can surf "foam safe CA" http://www.ebay.com/itm/BSI-SUPER-GOLD-THIN-FOAM-SAFE-CA-GLUE-1-2-oz-/251165894976?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item3a7aa76940
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:35 pm

I have had the opportunity to witness many electric competition planes. Besides being very quiet and clean, the runs are extremely consistent. Powerful motors as well.

I still like glow  Very Happy 
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  ian1954 Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:10 am

John Goddard wrote:If you can get one Craig you should.
The battery technology has come on so far in the last 3 years I'm astounded
that non of the boys with their 'planes on string' have dipped their toes in.
 Airplane

You are not often right John and you are wrong again No!

I took the Spitfire no further - it is still in pieces. The motor is cream crackered and I worked out a suitable motor, lipo battery together with a suitable timer.

However, a stumbling block was the model itself. It is quite heavy and the control surface too small. When set up, I doubt that this would "stunt".

The battery itself - because of the plastic body - would have to be mounted permanently. My experience with Lipo batteries is that they are not to be ignored and need care and attention. Run one below 3.3v per cell and it is "Goodnight  Vienna" or something more spectular.

I keep looking and will fly electric control line but I want a good model and smaller than the one in the video above.

I have now seen many examples - indoor slow flyers and remarkable stunt flyers.

I like this one

After seeing these, you will pobably understand why I have "shelved" the spitfire.
ian1954
ian1954
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  John Goddard Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:10 pm

Very Happy 

I was about to hang my head in shame (yet again) Ian
But I think we may be 1-1 on this one, I did type LiFe not Lipo
For the uninitiated LiFePo4 is the latest Lithium Iron battery which is much more stable than
Lipo, has a 3.3 volt nominal voltage per cell, none of the fire 'concerns' and no
low discharge worry's.
Most of the modern 'cheapy' chargers can charge them too.
So, Cox model, Life battery, no speed controller necessary.

BTW boys
'Foam safe' cyano.
Not the best product you'll ever buy, essential you use 'kicker' or activator unless you like watching your beard grow whilst it goes off, even with kicker it takes a fair bit of time to work.
Much better to test an unobtrusive area of the foam with your 'normal' cyano, most
foams are OK with it.

BTW BTW
A Cox that kicks out 75 Watts is a Teedee running optimum conditions, with high(ish) nitro most
'normal' cox's are a lot less.

BTW BTW BTW
For those thinking "maybe I could...." check out http://www.ecalc.ch/motorcalc.htm?ecalc&lang=en
Everything you'll ever need to work out how to set up your lekky model.

Finally
Don't get me wrong I love glow and all it's highs and lows
But
If you enjoy flying over everything else just try a lekky setup.
 Wink
John Goddard
John Goddard
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:51 pm

Some of the latest electric C/L Precision-Aerobatics technology is in accelerometers. These electronic devices sense info. on the models' attitude and probably even the motors' amp draw... and adjust rpm's accordingly for steady running through the pattern. It's like having a perfectly tuned and broken-in Fox .35 on your Nobler or RM.

Roddie
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  daddyo Fri May 29, 2015 9:43 pm

Dragging up this old post after searching on the internet for this plane, my brother had one when we were kids and I remember having to literally pull this plane around, the motor barely did anything.  It crashed into shards very quick too.  Cool idea though.
Cox Electric Control line Aeroplanes - Page 2 Electr10
daddyo
daddyo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dinsdale Fri May 29, 2015 10:32 pm

Cribbs74 wrote:I have had the opportunity to witness many electric competition planes. Besides being very quiet and clean, the runs are extremely consistent. Powerful motors as well.

I still like glow  Very Happy 
It's gotta smell right and sound right Memorial Day cheers
dinsdale
dinsdale
Account Deactivated by Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Fri May 29, 2015 11:11 pm

Wow the Spitfire. I owned one in the 1970's. My father got it for me. You had to hold the plane on top of a large battery and that would fill up the on-board battery. It had real short lines and I got my first nose bleed from it when I got dizzy and did a faceplant in the church parking lot. I remember putting it into a fence trying to destroy it so I could get something better with a noisy .049 that I saw. I had wondered who made the little plane. Oh it did fly ok for what it was. No tricks that I could do.
Brenda
Brenda
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2