Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

How many members use a phone to use the forum? Cox_ba12

How many members use a phone to use the forum? Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Today at 2:52 am

» WHO NEEDS TANKS!!!?? Perfect Brand Tanks For Sale
by DanMc Yesterday at 9:07 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by roddie Yesterday at 9:02 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 8:26 pm

» Piston to Cylinder - what's a good fit, what's bad?
by mike in SC Yesterday at 7:42 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:09 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by akjgardner Yesterday at 6:07 pm

» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by roddie Yesterday at 5:13 pm

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 2:51 pm

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Yesterday at 2:07 pm

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by cstatman Yesterday at 2:03 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by GTO455 Yesterday at 2:01 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

How many members use a phone to use the forum? Empty
Live on Patrol

How many members use a phone to use the forum?

Go down

How many members use a smart phone to access forums? Please comment.

How many members use a phone to use the forum? Vote_lcap8%How many members use a phone to use the forum? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
How many members use a phone to use the forum? Vote_lcap8%How many members use a phone to use the forum? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
How many members use a phone to use the forum? Vote_lcap29%How many members use a phone to use the forum? Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 7 ]
How many members use a phone to use the forum? Vote_lcap13%How many members use a phone to use the forum? Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]
[ 2 ]
How many members use a phone to use the forum? Vote_lcap33%How many members use a phone to use the forum? Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 24

Poll closed

How many members use a phone to use the forum? Empty How many members use a phone to use the forum?

Post  RknRusty Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:46 am

I'm new to using a smart phone. It's like looking at the internet through a keyhole and my browsers don't have forward buttons, only back. I'm curious as to how our population accesses the forums. Actually the pics and vids are better than I expected.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

How many members use a phone to use the forum? Empty Re: How many members use a phone to use the forum?

Post  Cribbs74 Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:07 am

Almost exclusively....
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

How many members use a phone to use the forum? Empty Re: How many members use a phone to use the forum?

Post  pkrankow Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:22 am

Transferring pictures to my computer is more of a pain than uploading from my droid.

However everything else is easier with a keyboard.

Phil
pkrankow
pkrankow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  navion34 Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:46 pm

I don't have a smartphone, I prefer my old keyboard...
navion34
navion34
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:51 pm

navion34 wrote:I don't have a smartphone, I prefer my old keyboard...
Myself also...and even then, feel that I spend more than enough time plugged in....

Last edited by Kim on Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:15 pm

I use my phone mostly to view the forum and make a post only if I have to. I don't like the mobile version of the forum so I always switch out of it by selecting the "desktop view" setting on my phones browser. There's not much I can do about the mobile version, if you don't like it, switch out of it.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  OVERLORD Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:24 pm

I got a smartphone just recently for my job. I use it to look at the forum when I'm not at home, for reading only.

Lieven
OVERLORD
OVERLORD
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:37 pm

Google Analytics
July 23 to August 23
How many members use a phone to use the forum? Device10

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:41 pm

I don't have a smartphone.

Actually, when I cast my vote, I thought I would be the only member that didn't use some type of mobile device to access the 'net.
andrew
andrew
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/POWERSUPPLY.HTM

Back to top Go down

Post  JPvelo Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:12 pm

I use my iPhone exclusively. Even the videos I post are shot with my iPhone zip-tied to my fieldbox. Btw, I will soon be upgrading to an iPhone 5 so video quality should improve.

Jim
JPvelo
JPvelo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:26 pm

Admin wrote:I...I always switch out of it by selecting the "desktop view" setting on my phones browser. There's not much I can do about the mobile version, if you don't like it, switch out of it.
I did that last night and couldn't figure out how to switch back into the mobile version. I had to clear my history and log back in.

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:45 pm

I also hosed my Pandora password and had to come inside to the desktop to fix it. All in all though, I hit the ground running. Not much mysterious about using my new phone, and luckily wifi is pretty wide spread because I only have 1 gig between my wife and me. For $5 more a month I can get 4Gb if I decide I need it.

I never had one before because it was cost prohibitive, but got two decent phones for free and 1 Gb shared for $130 a month. They're Nokia Windows phones, which my son scoffed at, but our needs are simpler at the moment than him and his Droid. Her old phone was 6 years old and mine was 3. I poured 10 gigs of MP3s into it last night. That's nice. Lots more room for pics too.

RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  ian1954 Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:00 am

I have a HD Android, IPad with unlimited everything- you name it I have it! All supplied by work for email, 24hr contact, video conferencing etc.

I hate the Android - screen too small and my fingers are too big!  After only three hours , i managed to bust the screen and I don't know how! I had put it in my shirt pocket for the motorbike ride home and when I took it out the screen was bust. It was replaced - this time surrounded by rubber and a special waterproof case!

I blame it for the negative votes I have given and so I rarely use it for the forum. Today was a special event! I know you can get a little pen thingy for prodding the screen, I have had several and lost them all!

How many members use a phone to use the forum? Otterb11

The screen is also very reflective - bright light and it has to be held perfectly to read the screen. Hate it, Hate it!

I travel around alot - for my travel I use the IPad. Light and easy to carry but set up for wireless only. It is also well padded and due to fat fingers - has a keyboard.

How many members use a phone to use the forum? Ipad10

I like the IPad and it has travelled many, many, many thousands of miles with me; Africa, Europe, India, China and Chicago.

But I am addicted to my PC - a 19" HD Screen "laptop", all "Bells and Whistles". I even plug it into the TV to watch you guys flying on a 40" screen. It is five years old but still going strong!

How many members use a phone to use the forum? Laptop10

I even make some of our members famous by turning them into TV stars!

How many members use a phone to use the forum? Tv10

The PC/Laptop wins every time!
ian1954
ian1954
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:19 am

Wow! I'm on TV Thumbs Up 

I'll try not to let my newfound fame go to my head. lol! 
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:08 am

I have never been an early adopter in the computer age, when I got my first computer I said "don't need no stinking computer". Now it is a tool I can't live without.
My iPhone was the same way, when I carry it I don't need
a watch, world time in my hand, a camera, a video camera, a GPS, a calculator, a compass, a voice recorder, a music player, I can get weather radar ( you need that down here),
maps and any thing else on the internet. Just don't run out of battery or drop it. I can't use it for the forum, text is to small for my eyes.
And thanks for the dictionary, I can't spell worth a crap!
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  batjac Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:32 pm

I have a computer with a real screen for accessing the internet and doing productivity. I have a widescreen television for watching TV and movies. I have a Garmin GPS in my car to tell me where I am and where to go. I have a remote to turn the TV on and off and change channels. I have a killer component stereo to play music. All I want from my phone is to call in and out. Anything else done on a phone is second best to using the proper device.

At work they MAKE me use a smartphone. It takes five button pushes to read a stupid page. Just give me a freaking pager with one button to push to see my message!

The Luddite Mark
batjac
batjac
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  ian1954 Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:48 pm

batjac wrote:I have a computer with a real screen for accessing the internet and doing productivity.  I have a widescreen television for watching TV and movies.  I have a Garmin GPS in my car to tell me where I am and where to go.  I have a remote to turn the TV on and off and change channels.  I have a killer component stereo to play music.  All I want from my phone is to call in and out.  Anything else done on a phone is second best to using the proper device.

At work they MAKE me use a smartphone.  It takes five button pushes to read a stupid page.  Just give me a freaking pager with one button to push to see my message!

The Luddite Mark
I totally agree. The "smart" phone isn't smart! It is a compromised jack of all trades and master of none designed to spend your money for you. I was quite happy with a Nokia 6410 mobile for calls (still have it for personal use). Emails can wait until I get around to reading them and if I want to take a picture I will use a camera. Smart phones are horrendously expensive - my camera, 16.00 MegaPixels, Full HD Movie, 10x Zoom cost less than $100! You can see on this forum that I use it quite alot.

The only useful thing about my "smart" phone is that I can use it as a torch (not brilliant but better than nothing!)
ian1954
ian1954
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:11 pm

Ease of use comes in time, like most things. I think you will find you like it once you get used to it.

The mobile version of the site is terrible. The standard mobile version is okay, and I use it when I have to. Otherwise I use my 15" HP laptop for everything.
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  dinsdale Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:45 am

batjac wrote:I have a computer with a real screen for accessing the internet and doing productivity.  I have a widescreen television for watching TV and movies.  I have a Garmin GPS in my car to tell me where I am and where to go.  I have a remote to turn the TV on and off and change channels.  I have a killer component stereo to play music.  All I want from my phone is to call in and out.  Anything else done on a phone is second best to using the proper device.

At work they MAKE me use a smartphone.  It takes five button pushes to read a stupid page.  Just give me a freaking pager with one button to push to see my message!

The Luddite Mark
I agree with him, except that I have a wife to tell me where to go.Laughing 
dinsdale
dinsdale
Account Deactivated by Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Al Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:57 am

dinsdale wrote:

The Luddite Mark
I agree with him, except that I have a wife to tell me where to go.Laughing 
Yeah, I have a wife to tell me where to go also, but after she gets us completely lost, I need the GPS to find our way back to civilization.Very Happy 
Al
Big Al
Big Al
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:57 am

lol! And this is why I tell my wife she can't have a log in to this forum.
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down