Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

New members:  please introduce yourselves and become part of the discussions - Page 2 Cox_ba12

New members:  please introduce yourselves and become part of the discussions - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» audio-tach anyone?
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 11:41 pm

» WenMac 049 - Glow Plug & Head Gasket replacements?
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 7:50 pm

» 12 string guitar suggestions
by akjgardner Yesterday at 7:08 pm

» A choke-tube with velocity-stack configured Bee
by roddie Yesterday at 2:54 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 2:43 pm

» Nostalgia alert, my 1959 Corvette revisited
by Admin Yesterday at 1:11 pm

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 10:26 am

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:32 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Sat May 18, 2024 4:58 pm

» Prayers for my Wife Please
by akjgardner Sat May 18, 2024 10:28 am

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Fri May 17, 2024 4:30 pm

» "Red Neck" .049 elec. starter
by getback Fri May 17, 2024 7:19 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

New members:  please introduce yourselves and become part of the discussions - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

New members: please introduce yourselves and become part of the discussions

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New members:  please introduce yourselves and become part of the discussions - Page 2 Empty Re: New members: please introduce yourselves and become part of the discussions

Post  GermanBeez Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:11 am

welcome to the forum!
my name is Dave, and i'm part of the moderating crew along with nitroairplane, RknkRusty and
jacob, our Admin[b].
if you have any issues/ suggestions concerning the forum, please contact one of us!
cheers,
Beez
GermanBeez
GermanBeez
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

New members:  please introduce yourselves and become part of the discussions - Page 2 Empty Re: New members: please introduce yourselves and become part of the discussions

Post  nitroairplane Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:10 am

FlyingGoats wrote:Hi all, just joined the site after coming back from a 15+ yr break from flying. I dug out my old black widow this week, gave it a quick cleaning and ran a few tanks of gas through. Then mounted it to the pod on my glider. It ran a bit rough but well enough to get airborne. I figure that's pretty good for not having been run for a very long time. A testament to the engineering of Cox.

So far I've found an amazing amount of good info on this site. Wish I had this kind of a resource when I was a kid learning to fly control line with my baby bee.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you have a great time,
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

New members:  please introduce yourselves and become part of the discussions - Page 2 Empty Introducing Myself-Bob A

Post  Bob A Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:20 pm

I struggled a bit to get aboard, now I'm struggling with how to introduce myself. Can't seem to find a "fill in the blanks" type posting area. I'd be OK with ad-libbing but where would I post it? Makes me wonder how I'm able to write a newsletter.
Anyway, I'm an active member in SAM and active for years flying the 1/2A Texaco RC event event and swapping a lot of information on how to make those sensitive little Cox reed 049's run reliably. I'm also an all-purpose engine collector. I live in the Central Coast area of California, and am an old guy like many SAM members. If I can get acquainted with the forum sufficiently, and find a spot for this, I can modify and add to this post.  Bob A.
Bob A
Bob A
Beginner Poster
Beginner Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:47 pm

Bob A wrote:I struggled a bit to get aboard, now I'm struggling with how to introduce myself. Can't seem to find a "fill in the blanks" type posting area. I'd be OK with ad-libbing but where would I post it? Makes me wonder how I'm able to write a newsletter.
Anyway, I'm an active member in SAM and active for years flying the 1/2A Texaco RC event event and swapping a lot of information on how to make those sensitive little Cox reed 049's run reliably. I'm also an all-purpose engine collector. I live in the Central Coast area of California, and am an old guy like many SAM members. If I can get acquainted with the forum sufficiently, and find a spot for this, I can modify and add to this post.  Bob A.

Greetings and Welcome to the CEF!  Your short profile and introduction indicates that you should feel right at home here!    The “official “ intro to the forum is located at the bottom of the “ Home Page”. Shown here:

New members:  please introduce yourselves and become part of the discussions - Page 2 81ec3710

There IS a time delay for new members before they can post pictures, and we do like to share pictures of our engines and models. If you have any questions or problems please ask we will try and help as much as possible.
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:37 pm

Hi, Bob,
As Marley points out with his big red arrow, we just freestyle our intros, rather than using check boxes and Fill-in-the-Blanks. It usually takes a few posts and/or a short time after joining before you can post pictures and links.

I'm glad you found us, and look forward to seeing you in the discussions.
Rusty.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:02 pm

WELCOME TO C.E.F BOB !!!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:20 pm

Hey Bob,

Take your time and look around. You can always ask questions and plenty here can help. Thanks for popping in! Stay a while!

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:04 am

WELCOME TO THE FORUM BOB A !!! I am sure you have some great info to share and look forward to listening !! Small Cox Logo Babe Bee .049 Small Cox Logo
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:51 am

I know why first topic area is COX ENGINES...but wonder how much trouble for Admin Jacob to move "Introduction" up near the top

Welcome aboard BOB A
I Love This Forum!
This Site Rocks!
Hand Shake
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2