Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

How's the weather? Cox_ba12

How's the weather? Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Speed plane - Crispy but not too crispy
by rsv1cox Today at 7:53 am

» Cox water wizard
by Wiggy Today at 7:47 am

» Tired of it all…
by Coxfledgling Today at 7:23 am

» PT-19 Mayhem at Buder Park...a Decade Ago!!!!
by getback Today at 6:29 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:53 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:36 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 10:51 pm

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Yesterday at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:03 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:16 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:16 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

How's the weather? Empty
Live on Patrol

How's the weather?

Go down

How's the weather? Empty How's the weather?

Post  Oldenginerod Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:23 pm

Well it looks like some of you folk on the East coast won't be doing too much flying at the moment. Quite a bit of snow I hear.
Down here in the opposite hemisphere (while you folk snooze) we currently have 85°F, dead calm & sunny. Holiday (for some) today due to some odd horse race. Oh yeah, the Melbourne Cup. Any of you heard of that? Wish I hadn't. Some stupid horse race ("The race that stops the nation") that causes business chaos by shutting down half the businesses on a Tuesday, meaning that even if I wanted to work (which I am) I can't find anyone to sell me any car parts for my shop. Thumbs Down

Rod.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

How's the weather? Empty Re: How's the weather?

Post  roddie Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:01 pm

Here in the USA.. it's the "Kentucky Derby"... and it's on the East coast.. down near Rusty and Eric (Getback)..
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:40 pm

Though a Hungarian, I had the pleasure of spending last week in Virginia, DC and Maryland in gorgeous wheather, with golden/reddish foliage everywhere. Then I flew over here to Denver Colorado where until yesterday the weather was just fine, but by today it dropped to almost freezing temps. But I have not heard about any snow around...I could for sure fly my RC planes wherever I showed up here.

Sorry for the unsolicited weather report from a visitor I shoulda let my local CEF mates to react.. On Wwednesday when I hit homein Budapest first thing I will recharge the batteries of my RC planes and make sure to fly all weekend no matter what weather we will have in Central Europe. I already have the symptoms of cold turkey for not having flied for more than 2 weeks...
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:53 pm

balogh wrote:...On Wwednesday when I hit homein Budapest first thing I will recharge the batteries of my RC planes and make sure to fly all weekend no matter what weather we will have in Central Europe. I already have the symptoms of cold turkey for not having flied for more than 2 weeks...
You probably need some recharging yourself after such a long trip. Hope you make it home safe and sound.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:56 pm

Thanks Rusty,

I wish I had more of this type of exhaustion with so much to have seen/enjoyed like this time in the US..
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  gossie Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:43 pm

Great weather on the Gold Coast OZ this very morning..........beach weather in fact.
gossie
gossie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

How's the weather? Empty Central Texas

Post  fredvon4 Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:15 pm

Cold front and the predicted 3.25" rain is delayed but I can feel it in all my arthritic bones coming.

Last week was beautiful, this week and next will start to be more like late fall early winter but should still have some high 70s low 80s days

Already started getting my building stuff down and starting to decide between a Phil Cartier Texas Slow or the BH Mongoose to build first. The Mongoose is going to get Foam wings. Also have every thing for a original VooDoo, Brodak Lil Satan, Baby Clown and Baby Ringmaster so if I get out to the shop a little every day this should be my most productive winter

Once this front clears I promise to send it Rusty's way
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:44 pm

gossie wrote:Great weather on the Gold Coast OZ this very morning..........beach weather in fact.
No offense Gossie, but I find Gold Coast weather rather monotonous. Fine, warm & sunny, followed by fine, warm & sunny, followed by a quick thunder storm, followed by fine, warm, sunny & humid. At least down south here in Gippsland we get a variety, often 4 seasons in one day. Keeps you on your toes.
I used to hate hot weather- I found it much easier to keep warm when it's cold than cool down when it's hot, but arthritis has now changed my perspective and warm weather makes life a lot less painful. If it gets too bad you might see me up there one day.

Rod.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  dckrsn Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:58 pm

Oldenginerod wrote:
gossie wrote:Great weather on the Gold Coast OZ this very morning..........beach weather in fact.
No offense Gossie, but I find Gold Coast weather rather monotonous.  Fine, warm & sunny, followed by fine, warm & sunny, followed by a quick thunder storm, followed by fine, warm, sunny & humid. At least down south here in Gippsland we get a variety, often 4 seasons in one day.  Keeps you on your toes.
I used to hate hot weather- I found it much easier to keep warm when it's cold than cool down when it's hot, but arthritis has now changed my perspective and warm weather makes life a lot less painful.  If it gets too bad you might see me up there one day.
Rod.
The Crowded House reference(intentional or not), wasn't lost on me Rod. Wink  Big fan.
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:20 am

Gosh Thanks Fred , can enjoy some 70-75 degs. weather .. Weird as usual  here in North Carolina stupid wend blows when it wants with 10-20 mph blows hi 60s at nite 28-48 pick one. But the fire sure is nice and warm Warm Eric Very Happy
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:10 am

Sorry Eric, I wish it worked that way but seldom does our mild winter weather make it to you way up north.

Over the years following Rusty K's posts in Columbia SC, I noticed that he often gets weather that was over me about two or three days earlier. I am some what of an amateur weather buff and some times I over lay the Jet stream just to see who is going to get clobbered by the crap on top of me at the time. Mostly it leaves here and heads up to TN/KY then over between WDC and South Carolina.

But just so you are not totally forgotten, there is a frequent winter situation where the fast moving cold front drops down from Canada, ices us up all the way south of me to San Antonio, and then heads directly for you in NY/RI/Maine to mix with the crap off the Great Lakes and dump a bunch of Cold onto the moisture from the Lakes...As usual you are welcome for the beautiful deep snow!
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:37 am

Here in Rhode Island, it's been unseasonably mild. It was 63 degrees F. yesterday. This morning it is already 60.. and overcast. I too can feel the effects in my lower back when there's a low-pressure system moving in. Halloween night was mild this year (in the 50's).. but just a couple years ago, we had to salt the front walkway and stairs for the little ghosts and goblins!

A mild Fall season in New England can provide some extra time to work out of doors.. and still be able to wear comfortable clothes. We live about 40 miles from the coastline.. and the temps average 10-15 degrees warmer toward the coast. A Westerly wind pattern generally brings milder temps off the Atlantic.

I share "Fred's" enthusiasm for getting the building supplies together! I too have a VooDoo in the works (thanks Lieven for the set of templates and improvements article!) Do you have that article Fred? I have it in PDF format.. or I would attach it here. Probably the most notable mod, is in the relocation of the front lead-out; back 1/2" from it's original position.. and just fwd. (up against) the tip-brace. The corresponding front rib-holes obviously need to be elongated rearward for additional lead-out clearance. There's three other notations.. in order; a note on using thin steel washers under the front engine mount holes to provide thrust-offset for training purposes, attaching "tip-weight" (1/4 to 1/2oz.) to the backside of the leading-edge.. near the outboard tip, and an alternate (thinner) tail-boom cross-section.. to help "tail-heaviness".. (important if you're using a particularly lightweight engine). Although not directly "noted"... a different fuel tank than originally recommended is referenced. A "Fox" #86809-3-1/2oz. with it's pick-up tube slightly relocated.. and it's vent plugged with solder and drilled-out using a #70 (.028") drill for pressure.. which I'm assuming is crankcase-pressure. Directions say to fill the tank through the pick-up.. with the pressure-vent as the overflow.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:28 am

Yes thank you for reminding me...over that last couple of years I read and reread every article and forum post relating several of all the childhood models I intend to recreate. Mongoose, Ringmaster, VooDoo, Satan, Quicker, Flite Streak etc. I have many cut n past or direct copies of a lot of mods, upgrades, or better way to "skin the cat" type information. Your post has most of what I have buried somewhere here on my hard drive and saved me looking it up..Cool

I am real fond of foam wings and detest spending the time to do a ribbed balsa wing only to have it be badly warped or immediately destroyed in a crash. To that end today I am preparing the wing profile templates to cut some foam into Mongoose and Voo Doo wing cores.
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down