Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Kim's Official Mt. Vernon Swap Meet Report Cox_ba12

Kim's Official Mt. Vernon Swap Meet Report Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by getback Today at 9:55 am

» A choke-tube with velocity-stack configured Bee
by roddie Today at 8:23 am

» WenMac 049 - Glow Plug & Head Gasket replacements?
by Ken Cook Today at 8:06 am

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by rsv1cox Today at 7:32 am

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by rdw777 Yesterday at 5:38 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» Nostalgia alert, my 1959 Corvette revisited
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 2:25 pm

» Prayers for my Wife Please
by akjgardner Yesterday at 10:28 am

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Fri May 17, 2024 4:30 pm

» "Red Neck" .049 elec. starter
by getback Fri May 17, 2024 7:19 am

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Fri May 17, 2024 5:35 am

» Looking For Comet Tri-Pacer
by latole Fri May 17, 2024 3:45 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Kim's Official Mt. Vernon Swap Meet Report Empty
Live on Patrol

Kim's Official Mt. Vernon Swap Meet Report

Go down

Kim's Official Mt. Vernon Swap Meet Report Empty Kim's Official Mt. Vernon Swap Meet Report

Post  Kim Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:18 pm

Looked a little sparse compared to some, but had a good time scouting the tables !!! 200 miles and about eight bucks worth of hardware !!! No 1/2A stuff though...

Kim's Official Mt. Vernon Swap Meet Report 1_38

Kim's Official Mt. Vernon Swap Meet Report 2_25

Kim's Official Mt. Vernon Swap Meet Report 3_510

Kim's Official Mt. Vernon Swap Meet Report 3_30

Kim's Official Mt. Vernon Swap Meet Report 7_110

Kim's Official Mt. Vernon Swap Meet Report 6_18

Kim's Official Mt. Vernon Swap Meet Report 8_18

Kim's Official Mt. Vernon Swap Meet Report 9_14
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Kim's Official Mt. Vernon Swap Meet Report Empty sweet bipe

Post  Jaspur_x Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:11 pm

If that bipe in the second pic was 1/2a it would have come home with me!! shoot, even my ace all star bipe is too big, I bought it just to hag up and look at. Don`t ask me what engine was on it when I bought it, but it`s there lol He said the medallion was just maginal for flying on it so he swapped it out.
Jaspur_x
Jaspur_x
Banned

Back to top Go down

Kim's Official Mt. Vernon Swap Meet Report Empty Re: Kim's Official Mt. Vernon Swap Meet Report

Post  microflitedude Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:45 pm

Personally, I think that alien ruined that Pawnee....
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Kim's Official Mt. Vernon Swap Meet Report Empty Re: Kim's Official Mt. Vernon Swap Meet Report

Post  Kim Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:08 pm

microflitedude wrote:Personally, I think that alien ruined that Pawnee....

Yeah...me too...temporarily of course...he could always be chucked out !!!

By the way...while they're similar in appearance, that's actually not a Piper Pawnee, but a Cessna "Ag Wagon".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cessna_188

Here in South East Missouri, we're thick with Ag Planes, and most of the larger businesses have gone to Turbine engined Dusters for the extended service times on the engines.

Last edited by Kim on Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:47 pm

I like the O&R with the nails holding it together. I can just hear it now..."That theres a collectors item, only 50 bucks!"
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:37 am

Mark Boesen wrote:I like the O&R with the nails holding it together. I can just hear it now..."That theres a collectors item, only 50 bucks!"

Yeah, he had a $25 tag on it. I nearly bought the thing to decorate my loading bench...but then would have to move the Meerkats and their Black Widow...and we can't do that !
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:58 am

How much did he want for the Ag Wagon?. The real ones are built like a sherm tank, I don't think you could over-stress them.

There was a really nice detailed Turbine Duster in last months ama magazine, scale turbine and spray bars that really worked.

Was over in eastern Wa state last summer in my commercial truck and had one of those go zipping by my front windshield, scared the bejeezus out of me Affraid or WOW! ,,about crashed my truck.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:19 am

PV Pilot wrote:How much did he want for the Ag Wagon?. The real ones are built like a sherm tank, I don't think you could over-stress them.

There was a really nice detailed Turbine Duster in last months ama magazine, scale turbine and spray bars that really worked.

Was over in eastern Wa state last summer in my commercial truck and had one of those go zipping by my front windshield, scared the bejeezus out of me Affraid or WOW! ,,about crashed my truck.

Don't remember seeing a tag on it.. Although it was my favorite of the bunch, I was strictly staying with my program of 1/2A or hardware...and actually pulled it off on this run.

Yeah, if you're driving south of Cape Girardeau on I-55 at the right time of year, the air is thick with Air Tractors and Ag Cats...sometimes, over lapping each others' fields !!

A good friend and fellow flying buddy survived a mid-air collision with his dad as they were wrapping up a 12-hour day of spraying. Messed him up bad, but these South East Missouri Rednecks are tough little critters !

http://www.semissourian.com/scripts/search/simple.php?query=Brent+Hamilton&s=stories
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:40 am

Wow,

Good story about perserverance Kim. As a father I couldn't imagine how horrible I would feel if that happened to me and my son, accident as in this case or otherwise. Glad to hear your pal is in better shape though. Is he back to flying yet?
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:09 am

cribbs74 wrote:Wow,

Good story about perserverance Kim. As a father I couldn't imagine how horrible I would feel if that happened to me and my son, accident as in this case or otherwise. Glad to hear your pal is in better shape though. Is he back to flying yet?

He's still got some more surgical procedures to go through (taking temporary bars and pins out of his feet and such), before he can reattain his medical certificate as a P.I.C., but he's already been flying with his brother, Corey, and is apparently ready to "jump right back into the saddle" once he's completely healed up.

This stuff runs in these guys' blood, and I just imagine that if he'd lost a leg or arm in the accident, he'd STILL find a way back into a cockpit. Like our forum here, we talk endlessly about the stuff we love, and there's ALWAYS something new going on to crank up the jabber !!

Brent's an avid R/C'r (helo's and planes) also, and has been tearing up the sky with those since he got back most of the dexterity to his hands.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  SuperDave Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:42 am

The O&R shown is interesting because it is an ignition model pre-dating glo plugs. Note the cam on the crank? It may have been converted to glo. Note the plug in place on the top of the cylinder?

Wouldn't be much of a trick to replace the nails with the proper bolts/nuts for an "old timely" display piece.
SuperDave
SuperDave
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:24 am

I like that sukhoi ish plane in the 3rd and 4th photos that would be nice if it took a .010!
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  PV Pilot Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:46 am

nitroairplane wrote:I like that sukhoi ish plane in the 3rd and 4th photos that would be nice if it took a .010!

I think that's a Yak,,but you know what,,they look all the same now. Kinda like every trainer taking on that Cessna look.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:48 am

PV Pilot wrote:
nitroairplane wrote:I like that sukhoi ish plane in the 3rd and 4th photos that would be nice if it took a .010!

I think that's a Yak,,but you know what,,they look all the same now. Kinda like every trainer taking on that Cessna look.

Yeah the only ones i know from the rest are the Extra 300s.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  microflitedude Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:56 am

nitroairplane wrote:
PV Pilot wrote:

Yeah the only ones i know from the rest are the Extra 300s.

Extra's and edges look the same too me.
microflitedude
microflitedude
Top Poster
Top Poster

https://www.facebook.com/MiniCub?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post  nitroairplane Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:59 am

No I can see that an edges vert stab is taller than an extras and they seem thinner.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down