Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Cox engines now available in Iran - Page 2 Cox_ba12

Cox engines now available in Iran - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Today at 11:34 am

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by roddie Today at 11:07 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Today at 10:32 am

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by rdw777 Today at 9:17 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Today at 8:21 am

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by getback Today at 6:31 am

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by roddie Yesterday at 10:50 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by F4D Phantom II Yesterday at 9:33 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:29 am

» Post your Older books
by rsv1cox Mon May 06, 2024 7:51 pm

» EXTREMELY RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "BLACK WIDOW" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE
by rsv1cox Mon May 06, 2024 6:58 pm

» I brake for Turtles....
by rsv1cox Mon May 06, 2024 6:38 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Cox engines now available in Iran - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

Cox engines now available in Iran

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cox engines now available in Iran - Page 2 Empty Re: Cox engines now available in Iran

Post  gossie Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:12 pm

KariFS wrote:
crankbndr wrote:
Cox International wrote:It's not a joke Andras. The sale went to http://tehranhobby.com  They were absolutely awesome to deal with and, for the ones that asked, yes, they do sell drones.

Iran is a far cry from what is portrayed in North American media. Iranians are wonderful people and I have known many of them during my life. Watch this video where Tehran Hobbies is involved:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qUwARbJpr8

If the Iranian people are so nice it must only be the leadership of these nice folks that have pledged to remove Israel from the map.
Or was that a falsehood " portrayed in North American media"?

You hit the proverbial nail right on the head there Bender. I am confident that most Iranians, Iraqis, Palestinians, Israelis, Russians, North Koreans and what have you are just regular folks, living their lives, having dreams about giving their kids a good life, having a meaninful job and a place to live and so on, just like you and me. No sensible man wants a war, it is always the old narcistic lunatics  that run the show that send the young men to die in wars. Just look at Russia now.

By the way, about the current state of Israel, the Arabs/Palestinians were there first. OK maybe according to the Old Testament it was the promised land for the Jewish, but that is a story that happened thousands of years ago. Things change. Jews were given the piece of land after the WWII by the Brits, without asking the folks who already lived there so it is "sort of" understandable that the Palestines are still a bit p155ed off about it.

An old friend once said that if everyone had a friend in every country there wouldn't be wars, I think he was right.

OK, I'll step down from my soapbox now.

Kari the pacifist Smile

I'm so pleased to see someone else knows their history.
gossie
gossie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Cox engines now available in Iran - Page 2 Empty Re: Cox engines now available in Iran

Post  RknRusty Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:33 pm

Eight years ago, I swore off the cable entertainment method of delivering us more news than we ever need. I could spend an essay explaining why, but I don't miss it a bit. Only the daily newspaper for me, and enough local TV news to know what's going on in my area. And I watch the evening news from one of the Big 3 once in a while. I have much less stuff to walk around being mad at. I don't care to talk politics, I'm not talented at arguing anyway. I just like people, most are interesting in some way, some are ass-holes, but so it goes. In fact I like some ass-holes, they're fun to pick on. I've always heard the Iranian citizens are highly educated and life loving people. I've believed it, I suppose because I'm an optimistic sort of person.

I was part of a crew that built a large blueprint paper coating machine back in the late 70s, but i didn't get to go install it at a manufacturer in Tehran. It took about a month to install, and the guys that went, about 8 of them, had a great time, They stayed in the houses of the employees of our customer.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  gossie Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:54 pm

RknRusty wrote:Eight years ago, I swore off the cable entertainment method of delivering us more news than we ever need. I could spend an essay explaining why, but I don't miss it a bit. Only the daily newspaper for me, and enough local TV news to know what's going on in my area. And I watch the evening news from one of the Big 3 once in a while. I have much less stuff to walk around being mad at. I don't care to talk politics, I'm not talented at arguing anyway. I just like people, most are interesting in some way, some are ass-holes, but so it goes. In fact I like some ass-holes, they're fun to pick on. I've always heard the Iranian citizens are highly educated and life loving people. I've believed it, I suppose because I'm an optimistic sort of person.

I was part of a crew that built a large blueprint paper coating machine back in the late 70s, but i didn't get to go install it at a manufacturer in Tehran. It took about a month to install, and the guys that went, about 8 of them, had a great time, They stayed in the houses of the employees of our customer.
Rusty

And you work mates would have eaten and enjoyed the truly wonderful middle eastern foods.........My favorite by far........We are so lucky here having our Persian/Iranian friends and having a fantastic Lebanese restaurant a mile or so away from home.
gossie
gossie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:07 am

roddie wrote:In light of the recent tragedy in the French Alps... It's highly unlikely that either my wife or I will ever board a passenger airliner again. I don't care what the statistics are.

My family & I have just flown back (not regular airline travelers) from a holiday in Queensland (g'day Gossie) & I gotta say the whole Lufthansa thing was very much on my mind. Also, the Gold Coast (where Gossie is from ) is one of the most multi-cultural places I've seen. Every type of restaurant & cafe from every corner of the globe you can imagine. First time I've ever seen Hookas smoked in the street (or anywhere). Good luck to them, but I gotta say, I looked forward to coming home & hearing English spoken.

Rod.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  gossie Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:09 am

Oldenginerod wrote:
roddie wrote:In light of the recent tragedy in the French Alps... It's highly unlikely that either my wife or I will ever board a passenger airliner again. I don't care what the statistics are.

My family & I have just flown back (not regular airline travelers) from a holiday in Queensland (g'day Gossie) & I gotta say the whole Lufthansa thing was very much on my mind.  Also, the Gold Coast (where Gossie is from ) is one of the most multi-cultural places I've seen.  Every type of restaurant & cafe from every corner of the globe you can imagine.  First time I've ever seen Hookas smoked in the street (or anywhere).  Good luck to them, but I gotta say, I looked forward to coming home & hearing English spoken.

Rod.

Yes and no Rod, to your post, and hope you had a nice holiday......What area did you stay in???????

By all means there are many people here from all over with great choice of eating as is now in Australia and of course the USA and UK.
By far the most people from all over, in Australia I feel would be Melbourne. Many many truly wonderful restaurants off all sorts to suit.
gossie
gossie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:46 am

gossie wrote:
Oldenginerod wrote:

My family & I have just flown back (not regular airline travelers) from a holiday in Queensland (g'day Gossie) & I gotta say the whole Lufthansa thing was very much on my mind.  Also, the Gold Coast (where Gossie is from ) is one of the most multi-cultural places I've seen.  Every type of restaurant & cafe from every corner of the globe you can imagine.  First time I've ever seen Hookas smoked in the street (or anywhere).  Good luck to them, but I gotta say, I looked forward to coming home & hearing English spoken.

Rod.

Yes and no Rod, to your post, and hope you had a nice holiday......What area did you stay in???????

By all means there are many people here from all over with great choice of eating as is now in Australia and of course the USA and UK.
By far the most people from all over, in Australia I feel would be Melbourne.  Many many truly wonderful restaurants off all sorts to suit.

True, Melbourne is pretty cosmopolitan, but I'm a country boy & keep out of the big smoke as much as I can.  As for dining, I'm a meat & potatos sort of bloke.  We stayed right at Surfer's Paradise.  It was a real eye opener.  Like they say, nice place to visit (briefly) but I wouldn't like to live there.  I like to shut down for the night & sleep, but Surfer's just keeps on going.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next