Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

I bought a Harry Latshaw Hustler B Proto kit Cox_ba12

I bought a Harry Latshaw Hustler B Proto kit Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cox water wizard
by Wiggy Today at 6:36 am

» PT-19 Mayhem at Buder Park...a Decade Ago!!!!
by getback Today at 6:29 am

» Tired of it all…
by balogh Yesterday at 11:55 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:53 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Yesterday at 11:36 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 10:51 pm

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Yesterday at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:03 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:16 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

I bought a Harry Latshaw Hustler B Proto kit Empty
Live on Patrol

I bought a Harry Latshaw Hustler B Proto kit

Go down

I bought a Harry Latshaw Hustler B Proto kit Empty I bought a Harry Latshaw Hustler B Proto kit

Post  stuntflyr Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:11 pm

Harry Latshaw was one of the regular winners and record holders during the heyday of C/L Speed during the 50's and 60's. There were a group of Illinios modelers from the 40's that in their teens learned to fly and compete from Joe Bunn and some others of the area's innovators and among them were Ted Black, Harry Latshaw, Dave Cotton, John Leach, Bud Brown and Keith Fee and Jerry McMillin. Keith didn't continue with modeling after school, John was killed in a motorcycle accident, Jerry went on to fly Stunt, air racing, and retired a TWA captain.
Ted, Dave, Harry and Bud went on to long time competition in Speed, and Bud kitted Harry's two Proto designs, the B Proto Hustler and the 1/2A Hustler 1/2A Proto. Elimination Models was the manufacturer and was based in my hometown of Lawrenceville and Robinson, Illinois which was harry Latshaw's hometown. I'm not sure when the change was but Bud was very involved in glider competition and moved to Lawrenceville in the late 60's. Harry had moed to Indianapolis to have a long career engineering gearboxes for Allison.
I received two 1/2A Hustler kits as a child and built one poorly, I still have the other. The Hustler was a B, .29 sized Proto ship that I always wanted to have but never did. I found this one by accidient on eBay and bought it quickly. I have a Harter B pan and the Super Tigre 29 for it. I'd love to find a monoline set-up for this size model and a pair of 1 3/4 inch K&B Speed Wheels for it. I also have some Tornado props and Froom spinner for it. Should satisfy some of my childhood wants...
Chris...

I bought a Harry Latshaw Hustler B Proto kit Hustle10
I bought a Harry Latshaw Hustler B Proto kit Hustle12
I bought a Harry Latshaw Hustler B Proto kit Hustle13
stuntflyr
stuntflyr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

I bought a Harry Latshaw Hustler B Proto kit Empty Re: I bought a Harry Latshaw Hustler B Proto kit

Post  Marleysky Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:18 am

I really like the looks of that style of speed plane, they looks fast just sitting there. Did you change the location of elimination models on the box? Looks like some one penciled in the new city "Robinson" after blacking out the old city? Or was this kit made back in the day when they moved the factory from one city to the other ?
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

I bought a Harry Latshaw Hustler B Proto kit Empty Re: I bought a Harry Latshaw Hustler B Proto kit

Post  Ken Cook Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:40 am

Chris will that be a rear rotor or front rotor .29 ? I built a similar model a few years ago. I have a Kansas Twister that I want to complete. My B pan cracked and I just had it welded. I should hopefully have it completed soon. I really like the Tiger .29. I run a 7 x 9 Power Prop on it and it moves pretty well. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:37 am

Glad to see you got you one after all these years , and am sure you don't want to destroy it so I hope you are doing your home work on the mono-line set up . if I have something I like well I will make a copy of it (trace it out ) so I will have plans for another , I am sure you are aware of this concept. Here is alittle reading from SH you may want to read    Huh... http://clstunt.com/htdocs/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=386028&mesg_id=386028&listing_type=&page=25  Good Luck !!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  stuntflyr Mon May 11, 2015 11:34 pm

Hi Ken,
My ST 29 is a front rotor engine. I don't think it'll run on suction but I don't know if I'll fly it or not. I'd like to see it run and install all the stuff to make it airworthy. After reading about yours I want to fly it, though!

I can't find anyone with monoline stuff that is interested in passing it along so it'll probably be a two-liner. Dale Kirn used to have a PT-19 with monoline set-up installed and I used to fly it, when I was a little boy, with Mary Kirn. Joe Kirn was an even littler kid!

Eric, I'll copy the kit with like wood, it's mostly mahogany (I think) and bass wood.

The box came that way, Marley. I didn't change it. Evidently someone did, the two cities are Lawrenceville and Robinson, Illinois.

Chris...

stuntflyr
stuntflyr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Tue May 12, 2015 7:47 am

Wow Chris , didn't know you had been that far around and have flown mono line set up before / Embarassed my bad , Looks from what I have seen to be a complicated way to fly with all the adjustments going on while in flight . I guess once you have it dialed in it would be more stable . Tired w/ Coffee Read
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down