Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Who's up for another Traveling Engine? Cox_ba12

Who's up for another Traveling Engine? Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Today at 8:14 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rdw777 Today at 8:10 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by sosam117 Today at 8:07 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Today at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Today at 3:16 am

» Happy Anzac Day!
by Boats13 Yesterday at 11:03 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Yesterday at 6:20 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:12 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Who's up for another Traveling Engine? Empty
Live on Patrol

Who's up for another Traveling Engine?

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Next Traveling Engine

Who's up for another Traveling Engine? Vote_lcap44%Who's up for another Traveling Engine? Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 14 ]
Who's up for another Traveling Engine? Vote_lcap9%Who's up for another Traveling Engine? Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]
Who's up for another Traveling Engine? Vote_lcap3%Who's up for another Traveling Engine? Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Who's up for another Traveling Engine? Vote_lcap16%Who's up for another Traveling Engine? Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 5 ]
Who's up for another Traveling Engine? Vote_lcap9%Who's up for another Traveling Engine? Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]
Who's up for another Traveling Engine? Vote_lcap16%Who's up for another Traveling Engine? Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 5 ]
Who's up for another Traveling Engine? Vote_lcap3%Who's up for another Traveling Engine? Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 32

Poll closed

Who's up for another Traveling Engine? Empty Who's up for another Traveling Engine?

Post  Admin Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:13 pm

picture not loading, contact the admin if you can read this text

Since the current traveling Tee Dee is making its way around the US and soon the rest of the world, we've been wondering if there is any interest in perhaps another engine. Jason is offering up a choice of engines out of his large collection. If you're interested, which engine would you like to see as the next Traveling Engine?

I'll leave this poll open for 12 days.

-Jacob

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Who's up for another Traveling Engine? Empty Re: Who's up for another Traveling Engine?

Post  rsv1cox Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:51 pm

I'm happy to have cast the first vote for the Golden Bee, an engine(s) that powers my vintage scratch built P-38.  Since then I have always have had a soft spot for them.

I think it would be a great engine for the "everyman" here.  Uncomplicated, easy to start and tune and an adequate performer to power the average 1/2A model that most of us already own.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Who's up for another Traveling Engine? Empty Re: Who's up for another Traveling Engine?

Post  pkrankow Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:56 pm

I'll admit I probably wouldn't run it, and only on the bench if I did, but a TD.010 would be pretty awesome to see in person.

Phil
pkrankow
pkrankow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  JPvelo Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:29 pm

I voted for the Conquest RC. If it could travel to Phoenix by September so I can fly it on my carrier plane for the Marschinke memorial in Tucson that would be great. I'll send it on its way in January after carrier+ in Phoenix and the southwest regionals in Tucson. Thank you.lol! lol! lol! lol!
JPvelo
JPvelo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:26 pm

I voted for the TD .010

Mostly because many have never seen one. They are a hoot to fly with, the only problem I forsee is they are not for the inexperienced, they are on the fragile side.

My second choice would be the Conquest, figured that would scare the crap out of some folks. lol!

Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:35 pm

Yes it should be the 010, I'm with Ron, never had one.  I've only seen one close up, it was the "tie clip" version that GwillyFox had on display at the Toledo hobby show. It would be fun just to run on the bench.
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  TDbandit Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:41 pm

My vote is for the .010 I love those little gems. You'll be supprized how an TD .010 amazes folks when one lights off. They have a unique sound and just their size alone is enough to garner interest. Smile (Bandit)
TDbandit
TDbandit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  dckrsn Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:54 pm

I have one TeeDee .010, and several of the others, but no Conquest.
Even still, my vote went with the BabeBee for purely sentimental
reasons. Wink
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pkrankow Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:27 pm

If a .049 3 piece p/c set could be included for inspection, whatever engine wins, that would satisfy another "I've never seen it in person" itch.

The conquest 15 would be pretty sweet, although I don't have anything to fly it on. It would again be a bench run.

Phil
pkrankow
pkrankow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  cox24711 Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:40 am

010 all the way ever seen one always wanted to make a flying rag or a wee bee with one!
cox24711
cox24711
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:18 am

While I would love to have a shot at an .010, without sounding like I don't trust members, I don't think that it would be the most practical choice going from one hand to another. There's not too many who'd have a plane to attach it to or much experience running one. While I'd also love to run a Conquest, I wouldn't use it for this exercise either, mainly because of the rarity. I think simple and common is in order. Golden Bee or Babe Bee would be my choice.

Rod.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:20 am

Besides, a nice Golden Bee would make a great subject for all the artistic photographers out there.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:37 am

The main reason that I didn't vote for the TeeDee .010 is that it's such a delicate engine.  I have owned several and ruined one when I attempted to remove the cylinder twisting it in the process.  I can't imagine it withstanding the rigors of multiple test running's and flights.  

That said, if you have never heard or seen a TD .010 at full song (think very angry bumble bee) your missing out on the complete Cox engine experience.  

Years ago when I sold many of my Cox engines I kept this NIB TD .010 manufactured on March 7, 1991 as stamped inside the box.  Everything about it is delicate including the tiny wrench and propeller.  

Who's up for another Traveling Engine? TD%20010%202%20004_zpsia2lj6yt

If it does win, and it looks like it will, be very careful of it.  I would hate to be the one that damaged this valuable engine and then pass it on.

ebay sale of years ago, gone but not forgotten.

Who's up for another Traveling Engine? P8210002_zpskwqev5oe
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:20 am

Ok I am in for what ever come up at the end ... I have an .010 but it's in poor shape , so that was my vote , can't remember if I have seen one run or it was a .020 OK oK Ko I change my little mine too as in favor of not something so prestige get destroyed possibly by miss handling // I need a .020 size plane anywho >  Babe Bee

Last edited by getback on Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : change of heart)
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:15 am

Voted for the Golden Bee...for the same reasons as it's other fans gave...but will certainly be happy to have a visit by any that the group chooses !
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  TDbandit Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:09 am

Got to thinking about what Rod and the others said and they are correct, it is a fragile engine due to it's size and is very easy to hydralock and therefore break. I voted for it due to it's uniqueness and sound (sounds to me like a ticked gnat on a string). I've run them before and they are a cool little engine to work with if run properly but can be damaged beyond repair easily if mis-handled Another issue is parts especially glow heads so like as expressed by others here I don't think it would be a right thing to do. So with that I now point to the good ol golden Bee or even the Pee Wee. Smile
(Bandit)
TDbandit
TDbandit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:08 pm

Bump to the top. VOTE!! RC Plane
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:22 pm

Jason_WI wrote:Bump to the top. VOTE!!  RC Plane
I voted, first day it was up! If the .010 wins, I'll build a quick simple airframe for it. However I voted for the Conquest.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:38 pm

Figure I better post a pic of the engines. Not sure which .010 yet. I know it won't be the tie clip so don't ask!

Who's up for another Traveling Engine? 166d4c9562387c506a9d9eaa5399ffe6_zpsmihjdfby
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:58 am

This is hard to choose. I need a reason to build a Micro Ringmaster, but like Jim, I'd love to see if the Conquest moves the .15 carrier plane faster than my Taipan .15
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rogermharris Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:54 pm

i have never run any tee dee but hope to soon. i have a couple pee wee .020's and plan to build a wee one for one of them so would have something to fly the .010 on.
rogermharris
rogermharris
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  cox24711 Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:51 am

rogermharris wrote:i have never run any tee dee but hope to soon.  i have a couple pee wee .020's and plan to build a wee one for one of them so would have something to fly the .010 on.
oh jezz i have to make a flying rag of course lol! cheers
cox24711
cox24711
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:55 am

Flying rags are a good way to get yourself hurt. Basically an uncontrolled engine twirling in the air screaming at 27k to 30k RPMs. It's also an excellent way to destroy this engine as parts such as crankshafts and piston/cylinder sets are only available from donor engines.

There will be some rules just as with the first traveling engine.
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  modelbuilder49 Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:00 am

If I may, I would like to be included and I just cast my vote for a .010 as well. I promise I won't mount it on a free flight lol!

Jim Carter
modelbuilder49
modelbuilder49
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:38 am

Yeah, freeflight and rags are great fun, but probably best for engines you personally own.
Did I say, "I'M IN?" I'm in.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next