Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Sandblaster dune buggy? Cox_ba12

Sandblaster dune buggy? Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Looking For Comet Tri-Pacer
by latole Today at 3:45 am

» Cox AT-6 Texan repaint.....Pretty nice
by latole Today at 3:20 am

» Prayers for my Wife Please
by GallopingGhostler Today at 1:59 am

» Cox Ryan ST 2.0
by GallopingGhostler Today at 1:42 am

» "Red Neck" .049 elec. starter
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 7:04 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:58 pm

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:46 pm

» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by roddie Yesterday at 3:07 pm

» Removing old decals
by latole Yesterday at 3:06 pm

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 2:29 pm

» Blue backplate postage stamp engine
by getback Yesterday at 6:46 am

» COX Postage Stamp engine -Babe Bee & Horseshoe Backplate adapters
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 6:33 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Sandblaster dune buggy? Empty
Live on Patrol

Sandblaster dune buggy?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sandblaster dune buggy? Empty Sandblaster dune buggy?

Post  duke.johnson Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:06 pm

Are these dune buggies RC or tether?
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Sandblaster dune buggy? Empty Re: Sandblaster dune buggy?

Post  JPvelo Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:45 pm

The one I had as a kid was tether.

Jim
JPvelo
JPvelo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Sandblaster dune buggy? Empty combo

Post  happydad Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:57 am

JPvelo wrote:The one I had as a kid was tether.

Jim

i think this one has a cam which controls the steering. the cam can make the car go zig, zag, straight, circles, etc. nitrosmeller said there were 6 cams at one time.
   It's late. Tomorrow I'll try to find it again.

edited 1:04a.m. PST 9-21-2015 - to add more info

Something happens when you get old, buy I can't remember what it is. anon.

Well it looks like the Cox Action Van is the one with the cams, and the dune buggy, baja buggy and others are just free ride?, (car equivalent of airplane free flight). Start them up and let them go. I didn't see any place to hook up tether lines. I had a prop rod back in the mid 1950's and it had 2 areas of plastic with a small hole to connect the wire or string for the tether line.
   HD  Sleeping at Computer
happydad  RC Plane I Love This Forum! This Site Rocks! Blow up Mad!

Last edited by happydad on Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add info)
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  crankbndr Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:45 am

I have seen old Cox print adds showing a RC Dune Buggy, but never seen one in the box. I think if you found one they would be very rare.

Sandblaster dune buggy? Dune_t10

Last edited by crankbndr on Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:51 am; edited 2 times in total
crankbndr
crankbndr
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:48 am

I'm flying in the blind here since my computer won't load the original photos, but the 'Sandblasters' that Patrick is always chasing across the airport ramp have a notch and peg set-up on the tie bar that allows the Sandblaster to run in a couple different radius' circles or a straight line.  Don't remember seeing any eyelets for lines to have it run in circles that way.

I always thought it a bit ironic that the 'Sandblaster' can't run on sand without filling it's engine with grit, but it is somewhat entertaining to watch the things try to get away from Patrick...

Sandblaster dune buggy? 1_15

Sandblaster dune buggy? 1_110

Sandblaster dune buggy? 2_16

Last edited by Kim on Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:39 am

I was thinking of the sandblaster like Kim shows. I thought I saw a RC version on CEF or one converted to RC. I started a search, but then started falling asleep and went to bed. I found one on the web but couldn't tell if it was RC. It looked like it might have been RC, but didn't have a servo in place. I want a Cox RC car to pester everyone on the end of my road with.
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Sandblaster dune buggy? Empty RC proprod

Post  happydad Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:59 pm

duke.johnson wrote:I was thinking of the sandblaster like Kim shows.  I thought I saw a RC version on CEF or one converted to RC. I started a search, but then started falling asleep and went to bed.  I found one on the web but couldn't tell if it was RC.  It looked like it might have been RC, but didn't have a servo in place.  I want a Cox RC car to pester everyone on the end of my road with.

Duke: they make a version of the proprod, black, that is RC. The RC could be replaced easily with modern stuff. I know someone who has one, but he is more of a purist, you know wants to keep it original???  Why??  Anyway if you see a black one with the radio busted that is a good opportunity to make a RC proprod with a good RC, and even add throttle if you wanted.
  You could even modify a regular prop rod if you could find a more flexible front axle.

I have to get ready to teach PC to seniors today, for money, so I will post some pics later. The only problem is the black prop rod talked about are rare. The good side is it is the same as the other prop rod,  except for a more flexible front axle.

edited 8:45p.m. 9-21-15 - to add info: well after looking on ebay several times I haven't found a black prop rod, and not too many Cox buggies, that includes baja buggy, VW buggy, sandblaster and others. The Cox van wasn't seen at all.

happydad I'm supposed to be retired RC Plane but I am always looking for Cox parts Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang but still having fun Blow up Mad! Blow up Mad! Blow up Mad! Blow up Mad! Fireworks

Last edited by happydad on Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add info)
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Sandblaster dune buggy? Empty I did find a Cox Sandblaster with potential

Post  happydad Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:52 am

I did find a Cox dune buggy / sandblaster with RC steering potential and also noticed 2 different version of the engine.

looks like I will have to go back with my PC to save the pictures. Tomorrow. The pictures showed 1 version with the fingerstart dune buggy and the other picture showed a pullstart version.
   Oh well I didn't have anything better to do tomorrow. Except smog test my truck, pay some bills, and a million other honey do's. Oops, did I say that out loud.

Stupid older MacBook.

happydad  Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Blow up Mad! Blow up Mad!

Last edited by happydad on Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling errors. thanks MacBook keyboard. LOL)
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:59 am

duke.johnson wrote:I was thinking of the sandblaster like Kim shows.  I thought I saw a RC version on CEF or one converted to RC. I started a search, but then started falling asleep and went to bed.  I found one on the web but couldn't tell if it was RC.  It looked like it might have been RC, but didn't have a servo in place.  I want a Cox RC car to pester everyone on the end of my road with.

Here 'tis:

https://www.coxengineforum.com/t5456-the-bddest-sandblaster-on-the-planet-video?highlight=Sand+Blaster+Sandblaster
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Sandblaster dune buggy? Empty Thanks Kim

Post  happydad Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:50 pm

Kim wrote:

Here 'tis:

https://www.coxengineforum.com/t5456-the-bddest-sandblaster-on-the-planet-video?highlight=Sand+Blaster+Sandblaster

Kim: thanks for the video. Now we just have to find him one to buy, cheap. Seems like the prices are all over the map. $199.00 for one in good shape and $39.00 for one in great shape. These are auctions of course.
   My advice is to look off the beaten path. RC car, antique cox car, etc.. Oops did I give my secret away? Anyway you have to do your homework if you want to get a decent price. Two Cents

Happydad I'm supposed to be retired  RC Plane but here I am searching all day for deals Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang
be happy Blow up Mad! Blow up Mad! Blow up Mad! Blow up Mad! have fun Fireworks Fireworks
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:38 pm

Duke, It only seems fitting that you use a military vehicle if you're going on some special operations..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U0Y7_Lux5w

I think the Jeep has the same front-end as Kim describes on the Sand-Blaster.. a tie-rod set-up that you could drive with a servo. Rig-up an Air-Soft cannon and.. uh.. maybe not.. Laughing
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Sandblaster dune buggy? Empty way cool

Post  happydad Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:00 pm

roddie wrote:Duke, It only seems fitting that you use a military vehicle if you're going on some special operations..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U0Y7_Lux5w

I think the Jeep has the same front-end as Kim describes on the Sand-Blaster.. a tie-rod set-up that you could drive with a servo. Rig-up an Air-Soft cannon and.. uh.. maybe not.. Laughing

Roddie: Is that your jeep? Is it the one that has a semi-fixed front wheel set? You can set for circles, or straight?

Easy to convert to RC.

Nice video.  Now we got Duke hooked, we just have to get him a car, or jeep, or???

edited to add link to sandblaster:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Cox-Gas-Powered-Sandblaster-Dune-Buggy-Car-/221889820345?hash=item33a9a9f6b9

Sandblaster dune buggy? Coxsnd10
ebay currently at $39.99 + $9.00 shipping Buy-It-Now

Check it out. HD

happydad RC Plane

Last edited by happydad on Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add info)
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Sandblaster dune buggy? Empty Best Deal

Post  happydad Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:42 pm

By far the best deal on ebay. 3 for the price of 1.

link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-VW-COX-BAJA-BUG-73-GAS-TETHER-CAR-COX-POLICE-CAR-ELDON-CORVETTE-PARTS-/171936474000?hash=item2808366390

Sandblaster dune buggy? Cox3fo10
VW, Corvette and Police Car all in fair shape, except Corvette, no engine. Great deal if it stays low.

happydad RC Plane
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:22 am

Thanks Guys. I'm going to try and get this sandblaster and convert it to RC.
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:55 am

When i was a kid, i got a Baja Bug for Christmas '71 and remember it has a adjustable steering which looked like it could of been easy to convert and i remember it kinda left me with the impression it was designed that way so at some point it could be converted, either by the individual or manufacturer. There was room for servos, receiver, etc.
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Sandblaster dune buggy? Empty Today's micro RC

Post  happydad Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:35 pm

Mark Boesen wrote:When i was a kid, i got a Baja Bug for Christmas '71 and remember it has a adjustable steering which looked like it could of been easy to convert and i remember it kinda left me with the impression it was designed that way so at some point it could be converted, either by the individual or manufacturer. There was room for servos, receiver, etc.

Right Mark, especially with today's micro RC radios. Receivers are as small as servos, but in this case I would opt for a larger, higher torque, servo for the steering. With the new 2.4Ghz radios as inexpensive as they are, around $25.00 for TX and RX, it should be very easy and cheap to RC any of that series Cox cars.
    Bid on Duke.
   I just won a prop rod with a damaged engine pod so I am looking for one to complete the car. I haven't used a prop rod since the mid 1950's. Wow time flies.

Two Cents happydad RC Plane
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Sandblaster dune buggy? Empty Cox Jeep on Ebay

Post  roddie Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:45 pm

roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Sandblaster dune buggy? Empty Are you buying?

Post  happydad Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:01 pm

Roddie: Are you buying one for each of us so we can have a video show off? lol!

Happydad lol! lol! lol! lol! Blow up Mad! Blow up Mad! Blow up Mad! Blow up Mad! Blow up Mad!
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:40 pm

Right. That Jeep is to nice for what I want. I want a beater.
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:08 pm

happydad wrote:
Sandblaster dune buggy? Ebay-f10

Roddie: Are you buying one for each of us so we can have a video show off? lol!

Happydad lol! lol! lol! lol! Blow up Mad! Blow up Mad! Blow up Mad! Blow up Mad! Blow up Mad![/quote]

I wish I could afford to! That Jeep was at $200 (0 bids..) when I posted. Just thinking.. Eyebrows There's a lever (as is with many Cox-engined vehicles) that engages the drive-axle, which could be servo-operated too! Why not provide some stop/go action?

Looking at the Jeep chassis.. it's a well thought-out design. It's only 12" long. I like the cover/brace that goes around the engine cylinder. It sort-of does double-duty. It serves as a brace to hold the engine when pulling the starter-cord.. and a thumb-hold for pulling the starter-cord with your other hand. It also helps block grit from getting into the exhaust ports. Cox's spring/worm-drive is ingenious IMHO.. The heat-sink is one of my favorite bolt-ons. I just like the way it looks. The Sea Bee used one.. and the ones I have were all Sand-Blaster replacement parts.. (Cat.#8477) I'd be curious to know exactly how much heat-dissipation one provides.. Anyone have a pyrometer for a test-run "with vs. without"?
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Sandblaster dune buggy? Empty sold

Post  happydad Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:01 pm

happydad wrote:By far the best deal on ebay. 3 for the price of 1.

link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-VW-COX-BAJA-BUG-73-GAS-TETHER-CAR-COX-POLICE-CAR-ELDON-CORVETTE-PARTS-/171936474000?hash=item2808366390

Sandblaster dune buggy? Cox3fo10
VW, Corvette and Police Car all in fair shape, except Corvette, no engine. Great deal if it stays low.

happydad RC Plane

someone got a really good deal for $51.01 + $14.97 shipping. a VW with engine, a police car with engine and an electric corvette.
   BTW the sandblaster is still for sale. Buy-it-now for $39.99 +$9.00 shipping. Pull start engine. Looks like the fuel tank is missing. 1 day + 16 hours to go.

happydad RC Plane
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Sandblaster dune buggy? Empty This ones for you

Post  happydad Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:45 am

Duke: found this sandblaster hidden away on ebay. It is the finger starter type, not the pull start type.
link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/262061723237?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Sandblaster dune buggy? Coxsnd12
looks like it would be easy to convert to RC. Front wheels move to go in circles.

$18.51 + $12.20 shipping no bids yet

happydad RC Plane
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:23 pm

I like this one and the price is right. I have not received a message back from the others I looked at. I just remembered I have a car in my garage too. I wonder if it was tether or could be converted to RC?
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  larrys4227 Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:28 pm

As many of the Cox plastic planes I had as a kid .... I don't remember any of these cars.

These are waaayyyy coool .... Very Happy
larrys4227
larrys4227
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next