Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Re- purpose Cox_ba12

Re- purpose Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by akjgardner Today at 6:10 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rdw777 Today at 5:42 am

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by MauricioB Today at 4:50 am

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by MauricioB Yesterday at 10:11 pm

» Post your Older books
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:51 pm

» EXTREMELY RARE COX THIMBLE DROME PROTOTYPE "BLACK WIDOW" GAS MODEL AIRPLANE
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» I break for Turtles....
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:38 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 6:27 pm

» Ball - Socket Joints
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:06 pm

» A little nostalgia…
by MauricioB Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» A new useful transport vehicle
by davidll1984 Yesterday at 10:32 am

» TAPLIN TWIN 7ccm
by grant.symes Yesterday at 3:29 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Re- purpose Empty
Live on Patrol

Re- purpose

Go down

Re- purpose Empty Re- purpose

Post  coxaddict Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:20 pm

Found this at Walmart the other day. $5.47 for the box, about .91 cents each. I use syringes for white glue, thin two part epoxy and fueling my small engines. I also buy little ziplock bags for storing small parts and engines at about $1.12 per 100 pk. Re- purpose 00410
coxaddict
coxaddict
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Re- purpose Empty Re: Re- purpose

Post  getback Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:52 am

Well I thought what the heck is that for ?? so I looked it up NEW WAY TO PARTY LOL! and they have the large size for jello shooting http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Pack-EZ-Inject-Jello-Shot-Syringes-MINI-1-5oz-/281951383047 have to check the mart when I go (soon) are these as fuel resistance as the others you buy for fuel ?? I know sometimes these things get very tight after using on certain fuels , have just bought a 60ml. one was 2.95 for one never tried them with glue . getback I Love This Forum!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:53 pm

Eric

I have some 5oz here that are 10 + years old and still flow fuel with out bad sticking....hint a quick coat of pure castor oil gets a dry one back slippery in a hurry

Trick is to NOT let them sit after use... I suck a half full load of 91% pharmacy Isopropyl alcohol and expel half then pull plunger back and shake...then expel the rest and pull apart to air dry

Once I spent big bucks for the Vitron O-ring glass versions but I find the el cheapo ones last a good long time just rinsing out the glow fuel

I use tractor supply paid for and some times, when at the Vet, I ask if he has and used ones and usually leave with three or four with a promise that I will clean them well before using... some animal vaccinations are NO good for humans

BTW way my vet sez most all he buys can be auto claved at (relatively) high temp after removing the rubber seal that goes into 91% alcohol...I was surprised at that until he told me an Autoclave can be set for a certain time and high temp to kill the bad germs.... I envisioned always being way too hot for any plastic... he assured me he reuses these all the time after time in the oven....

Plastics get a set high temp
Higher for glass
and even higher for stainless metals

the lower temp plastics have a longer DWELL time before cool down to be considered surgically clean...germ free
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:51 pm

Well [bleep] I had a write up butt I hit the wrong button ?? anyway I will try cleaning them . Thanks Fred !!! Smile
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:46 pm

I paid $4.50 USD for 10 X 20ml post free.  Even includes needles.  I use one to pierce car ball-joint boots to inject grease. Otherwise, I grind the points off for fuelling.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10PC-2ml-5ml-20ml-Disposable-Plastic-Injector-Syringe-Sterile-Syringe-/321496947530
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  batjac Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:04 pm

getback wrote:Well [bleep] I had a write up butt I hit the wrong button ?? anyway I will try cleaning them . Thanks Fred !!! Smile

This happened to me quite a few times. What I do now if I have more than a couple of sentences to write, is to just write the whole thing out in Word (or whatever word processing/notepad program you have) and copy it into the forum post reply. Haven't lost a post since...

The Writer Mark
batjac
batjac
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:15 pm

i've used this style for years, for babe bees the tip fits right inside the fuel vent, also for priming you get a lot better control, that and less chance of dirt getting into it or engine.

http://www.net32.com/ec/monoject-monoject-irrigation-syringe-412-12cc-with-d-40956
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:50 pm

batjac wrote:
getback wrote:Well [bleep] I had a write up butt I hit the wrong button ?? anyway I will try cleaning them . Thanks Fred !!! Smile

This happened to me quite a few times.  What I do now if I have more than a couple of sentences to write, is to just write the whole thing out in Word (or whatever word processing/notepad program you have) and copy it into the forum post reply.  Haven't lost a post since...

The Writer Mark

The Writer Roddie pukes when he loses a post.. ! I get used to good behavior from my browser.. and then get sucker-punched. Lately I've been copying lengthy posts to my notepad just in case.. Shocked

Walmart has lots of materials if you're a scratch-builder.. and you won't find paint cheaper anywhere. The little zipper-bags are a must for small parts organization.. and you'll find them in the craft/jewelry dept. along with glues, a 36" hardwood round-dowel assortment.. packages of assorted square hardwood dowels that would make great beam-style engine-mounts. Consider the possibilities of using their fine-wire assortment and eye-pins for rigging a scale barnstormer. They have foam-board too. You could build a couple of small EP foamie airframes for less than $10 including the glue. Bamboo skewers are found in the kitchen utensils area.. and are great for bracing/struts etc. I've often thought about using them to build a simulated tubular fuse. They're very strong and lightweight. The only boundaries are your imagination.

roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:09 am

Mark that's the one I use most right now and do like it ,, while I was at it I just cleaned the two I was referring to with reg. alcohol and they are much better == but if I got 50 of them they would rot before I got to use them all . That impulse buying will get you evertime thought I got a good deal ( well better than the Hobby shop that's now 40 miles away and don't have what U need or want ?!?!?// yes I need to make a habit of using the note pad more ! getback
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  akjgardner Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:21 am

I hit ctrl C before I hit send.If I llose it I hit ctrl V and paste it back and send it again
akjgardner
akjgardner
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down