Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Mustang again.................. Cox_ba12

Mustang again.................. Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by 706jim Today at 8:13 pm

» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by roddie Today at 7:38 pm

» Feed Station Zebra.. Spring 2022
by roddie Today at 5:59 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Today at 12:26 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Today at 11:12 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 7:43 am

» Artwork for Otto Kuhni
by Mark Boesen Yesterday at 11:53 pm

» Baja Bug / Dune Buggy Recoil Starter
by vambrosini Yesterday at 8:57 pm

» Wanted: Pull Starter reapir kit for a Cox Dune Buggy.
by vambrosini Yesterday at 8:55 pm

» cox dune buggy/ baja bug
by vambrosini Yesterday at 8:49 pm

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 7:37 pm

» B-25 Mitchell
by rdw777 Yesterday at 9:49 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Mustang again.................. Empty
Live on Patrol

Mustang again..................

Go down

Mustang again.................. Empty Mustang again..................

Post  rsv1cox Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:16 pm

While I'm in the picture posting mood.  

My son's new to him 40K mile 1969 Mustang Mach 1.  His mother drove one just like it while I drove a 1963 VW Bug.  His wife drives a 40th anniversary 2004 GT.  Some may remember their 1965 Mustangs I posted about that were destroyed while being transferred here from Denver last year.  

I got up early and drove over to his house to take these pictures.

Mustang again.................. Mustan11

Mustang again.................. Mustan10

First thing you do is drop the oil on a car that has sat for four years.

Mustang again.................. Mustan12

Last edited by rsv1cox on Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Mustang again.................. Empty Re: Mustang again..................

Post  fredvon4 Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:54 pm

Posted elsewhere is my love of 60s-70s Ford cars...first being the 65 Falcon Ranchero

along the way I bough a used 67 Shelby GT 350 fast back from a OK Chevy dealer in Olympia WA for $1900 in 1975 dollars

low mileage and near factory shape...drove it two years and on orders to Germany sold it in 77 for $1600 to a fellow GI

a few years back I saw a good shape version just as I owned go on the auction for $78,000.....

not quite as bad as the same auction had a 51 split window VW command $123,000... the very next car I owned after the Shelby

I bunch of years back I thought about buying one of the Ford retro Bullet Mustangs...putting it in preservation mode and sitting on it for 30 years hopping for a big payday...decided 2000 other guys like me were probably thinking same thing and in 30 years there would be a glut of the not really anything special car so just bought a new truck and kept on trucking
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:31 pm

Sorry just not a FORD Fan , after working on them in the 70s took care of me !! They are sweet though the Shelby's were nice got to work and drive a couple in my time AND I MEAN DRIVE (younger days) I always think about the 1965 Chevy Impala SS Convertible I had and got rid oh for a 1978 Spitfire lol! No longer see them around like you use too!! NICE HAUL FOR THE $$$$$$ getback Very Happy
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:34 pm

getback wrote:Sorry just not a FORD Fan , after working on them in the 70s took care of me !! They are sweet though the Shelby's were nice got to work and drive a couple in my time AND I MEAN DRIVE  (younger days) I always think about the 1965 Chevy Impala SS Convertible I had and got rid oh for a 1978 Spitfire lol! No longer see them around like you use too!! NICE HAUL FOR THE $$$$$$ getback Very Happy

Me too Eric, although I have owned a few. A '37 coupe was my first car, 60 hp flat head V8. Had a nice '52 too along with a '63 500, then the new '69 Mustang. Then it ended. I tell my son "Found On Road Dead." He counters with "First On Race Day."

Eric had a Spitfire?

Bob

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  OhBee Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:17 am

It's Mopar or NO car in this household! Just me and the wife and we have six of them!
OhBee
OhBee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:18 am

OhBee wrote:It's Mopar or NO car in this household! Just me and the wife and we have six of them!

The first car I ever drove was a "3 on the tree" 1937 Dodge sedan that my father was selling for a friend. I was maybe 10 or so and depressing that clutch to the floor while looking over the steering wheel was a problem.

Much later I sold the '37 Ford for five bucks and bought a 1946 Plymouth coupe, followed shortly by a 1950 Plymounh convertible. A succession of different brands followed until I bought a new 1965 Plymouth Sport Fury. Loved them all.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fit90 Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:29 am

Cool to hear of the sport fury. My first car out of college was a 66 sport fury convertible. It had big block 318. It was in terrible need of a full restoration. I started working on it but didn't have the finances to even make a dent. What a shame. It was a really cool car. Wish I had it now.
fit90
fit90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:55 am

Eric had a Spitfire? wrote:
Yes Sir , two to bee azcato 1978-80 something the 1st. X took that one and my stupid butt got rid of the other for $25.00 of a junk haul off Sad ... Had a 1956 chey 1/2 ton that we installed a 283 with a 350 cam but still only had a Rochester 2 ball. on it so it would only go fast not fly lol . We took the engine from the truck and put it in the 65 SS ( the 396 was worn bad and cost a arm and leg to drive when your broke ) the 283 really didn't do better on gas but was smooth . Bet the person that got the 65 SS Conv. would have like to had the original engine for that car /// but want happen I sold it to some body . Eric Crying or Very sad
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:03 pm

Hi Bob, Yes I remember that unfortunate incident with the two vintage cars that occurred while in transit by a hired carrier (still makes me cringe.. Crying or Very sad ) That's a beautiful 69.. and I will share the photo with a fellow employee who has a 69 convertible. I told him about your son's unfortunate experience. It made him cringe too... Wishing the best of luck to your son with this one!
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:38 pm

roddie wrote:Hi Bob, Yes I remember that unfortunate incident with the two vintage cars that occurred while in transit by a hired carrier (still makes me cringe.. Crying or Very sad ) That's a beautiful 69.. and I will share the photo with a fellow employee who has a 69 convertible. I told him about your son's unfortunate experience. It made him cringe too... Wishing the best of luck to your son with this one!

Thanks for remembering roddie. They were just cars but Mark had sweat and blood in that black fastback, a years long restoration gone in an instant. No sweat or blood in these two, both are low mileage originals.

Maybe they are not as happy with the "new" Mustangs, but attending a car show here in Virginia today helped. His and hers side by side.

Mustang again.................. Mustan13
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fit90 Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:57 pm

That's some sweet looking therapy. I hope this one grows on you two and eventually gives you guys the satisfaction and joy as the last two.
fit90
fit90
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:14 pm

I thought I had destroyed all the accident pictures, but these unlike the cars survive.

Mustang again.................. Mustan14

Mustang again.................. Mustan15

What happens when an 18 wheeler impacts the back of a stalled covered carrier and the cars are lined up end to end.

Last edited by rsv1cox on Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:26 pm

I don't know Bob. The black one looked salvagable. Fenders, hood, rad support, inner fenders are all readily available. Personally I would have took the money, bought it back and poured the money back in.

I do like the Mach 1, I just like early fastbacks better.

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:56 pm

Cribbs74 wrote:I don't know Bob. The black one looked salvagable. Fenders, hood, rad support, inner fenders are all readily available. Personally I would have took the money, bought it back and poured the money back in.

I do like the Mach 1, I just like early fastbacks better.

Ron

Me too Ron, and I know that Mark does also, I think he just wanted something different, and the fact that his Mom drove one might have been a factor.

If your ready for a story. While we were at the car show I found a 5.0 Mustang for sale by a fellow actually older than me. Fire engine red and recently restored in nice nearly new looking condition. Mark speculated that it could be had for $5K, I thought at least $7K. We asked the owner and he said $7.7K. Being in a car buying mood I asked about the engine. He said he had just bought it and didn't know what engine it had in it. We popped the hood and it was all ate up with throttle bodies and air boxes, obviously a replacement and as I could not see the block I passed.

My daughter and I left the show leaving Mark and wife and drove home to West Virginia. Much later Mark called saying that he had spied a nice looking 2001 Miata about two minutes away from his home. To make a long story short, I'm now the owner of this 2001 MX-5 LS six speed, the model that I actually wanted before I bought the silver 2003 MX-5 that has serious rust issues but drives like a dream. Funny how life works.

Mustang again.................. 20160410

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:54 pm

great thread, i loved mustangs when they first came out, but by the early seventies when i was coming of age they were still kinda pricey for a sixties fastback, that left me with that cheep chevy stuff, '55-'57 and '62-'64
Mustang again.................. 10849110
Mustang again.................. 10853610
Mustang again.................. 603710
Mustang again.................. 10849210
Mustang again.................. 10844910
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down