Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Snark5T + Cox .15 - Page 3 Cox_ba12

Snark5T + Cox .15 - Page 3 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» PT-19 Mayhem at Buder Park...a Decade Ago!!!!
by Kim Today at 8:41 am

» Tired of it all…
by rsv1cox Today at 8:04 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 7:46 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by getback Today at 7:17 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Today at 1:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 10:03 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:16 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 1:27 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 8:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 4:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:25 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Snark5T + Cox .15 - Page 3 Empty
Live on Patrol

Snark5T + Cox .15

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Snark5T + Cox .15 - Page 3 Empty Re: Snark5T + Cox .15

Post  MauricioB Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:06 am

jmcalata wrote:I am happy with your maiden flight.
Regards from Spain

Hi Jose, thanks for your message !.
The model is really excellent and the engine is a gem! .... I'm surprised with the performance and reliability of running!
A hug from Argentina ...Mauricio.-
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:11 am

Marleysky wrote:Your maiden flight was excellent. The model flys just a good as it looks, and it looks good!  Thanks for the video. Clapping

Hi !, yes !, I'm really surprised by the quality of this design flight, fly very well. I was lucky to find it in an old business, was there with his faded box, I looked on the internet and did not know whether to buy it and finally it was a great success.
The Cox Sportsman RC is wonderful, ever you had seen marching one RC flight?
Greetings, Mauricio.-
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:15 am

rsv1cox wrote:Mauricio is Magnifico......

So well done. Flying while adjusting the camera, loved the low passes.  What a nice running engine.

Bob

Hi Bob! ... The model really flies very well and without vices, so much so that instinctively take the camera with my left hand while his right was still flying at takeoff was natural, since the model is fully manifested firm and sure.
Thanks for your message, I am truly happy and makes me very well share experiences with all of you.
Greetings, Mauricio.-
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:43 am

getback wrote:Very good flyer !! The sportsman sounds good and takes little power to keep in the air , impressive snap rolls for that style of plane . Looks like a lot of FUN to fly , I think the improvements you did to it really made a better flyer than intended . Beer Cheers cheers On a successful maiden. Eric  Small Cox Logo

Hello !, Eric is! ailerons give the model was a success, this clearly makes it a semi aerobatic trainer model, allowing the pilot to make his first steps in basic acrobatics. The engine is a gem to my taste, I enjoy his departure and the obtained result .... I send you a big hug!...Mauricio.-
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:50 am

ian1954 wrote:That was one excellent maiden flight! I was impressed with the level inverted flight not to mention the Pink Floyd accompaniment.

You definitely have a unique Sportsman there.

Hi Ian! ... I'm glad you like as will the model and invested flies very stable and firm manner. I think you can do many maneuvers as you gain confidence.
The engine is amazing how responds, surprised me !.
Pink Floyd ..... my generation grew up hearing a lot of this music is really sensational, I have several albums of Pink Floyd music one allows you to be transported in time and imagination run wild!
Here these days are a bit cloudy with some rain presipitaciones, but as soon as the weather improves, vere make some flights more with the Snark and share with you .... Thanks again for your message Ian .... greetings, Mauricio Thumbs Up
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:56 am

1/2A Nut wrote:Engine runs very well and pulled the plane with good authority.
The craft flew like a larger 40 size trainer with your great flying skills,
Bravo Mauricio I give it a thumbs up!!!  Thumbs Up

Thank you for your kind comments!

RC Plane RC Plane RC Plane

Hi 1 / 2A Nut !!, I am very happy with the result of engine operation, is a beautiful feeling to manage engine power !, I think that this engine has a lot to give and with this reform, it can be used for several types of models. All this thanks to your instructions!
The model flies very well, very stable and as I said before, very strong, is a good design, I think it has a lot to give.
Thank you 1 / 2A Nut and useful for your great help! Hand Shake Beer Cheers ... A hug Thumbs Up , Mauricio.-
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:36 am

Finally, I leave a video summary in flight entertainment, which is manifested at all times a very noble, reliable engine operation in all ranges of acceleration, in addition to that, the model's performance reflects a very good design.
Personally I am very happy with the result obtained and from here I decided to give this humble tribute to Mr. Dale Kirn, calling Engine: Cox .15 "Dale Special" for his legacy.
Despite the passage of time, who does things right, good endures, as is the case of the quality of this engine.
Greetings all, Mauricio.-

MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:46 am

Hello, I share with you pictures you took a friend `this Sunday. Snark flying sequences and march Cox .15 "Dale Special" Very Happy

Snark5T + Cox .15 - Page 3 Img_0810
Snark5T + Cox .15 - Page 3 Img_0811
Snark5T + Cox .15 - Page 3 Img_0812
Snark5T + Cox .15 - Page 3 Img_0813
Snark5T + Cox .15 - Page 3 Img_0814
Snark5T + Cox .15 - Page 3 Img_0815
Snark5T + Cox .15 - Page 3 Img_0816

MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:39 am

Beautiful video Mauricio...as you may know I also indulge in COX based RC flying. The field I used to go in the past is sealed by the owner and for the time being I cannot find an alternative field reasonably nearby...at least 4 COX based own built RC planes and 2 larger ARF-S powered by OS Max 56 FS engines hope together with myself to find a new field..otherwise my favorite hobby may be soon over...
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:46 pm

Balogh,

Sorry to hear your bad news try using Google Earth or any Satellite map program to look for green zones
in your area that have potential for use.

RC Plane RC Plane RC Plane RC Plane RC Plane

Bravo Mauricio on your good photos! Small Cox Logo Small Cox Logo Small Cox Logo
1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:38 pm

balogh wrote:Beautiful video Mauricio...as you may know I also indulge in COX based RC flying. The field I used to go in the past is sealed by the owner and for the time being I cannot find an alternative field reasonably nearby...at least 4 COX based own built RC planes and 2 larger ARF-S powered by OS Max 56 FS engines hope together with myself to find a new field..otherwise my favorite hobby may be soon over...

Balogh Hello !, thanks for your message, I'm glad you like the video. In it, try to convey the true potential; this engine, which may some amateur possesses it without giving useful and that with this adaptation, the engine becomes an interesting complete engine for radio control, offering driving safety, very good power and the magic of being an old engine used in this present time.
Causes me great joy to see it live again and take to the skies, I feel the Sportsman this happy !.
Regarding what you said about the green space, it is a very serious issue and sorry you are in the situation of not having adequate space for this activity, I sincerely hope you can soon find somewhere or the owner allows a place in the field so you can do the activity.
Narrow my hand wishing him all the luck he can find a place, I regret that we are so far away, it would be a real pleasure for me that we could share the club here. Thumbs Up Mauricio.
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:41 pm

1/2A Nut wrote:Balogh,

Sorry to hear your bad news try using Google Earth or any Satellite map program to look for green zones
in your area that have potential for use.

RC Plane RC Plane RC Plane RC Plane RC Plane

Bravo Mauricio on your good photos! Small Cox Logo Small Cox Logo Small Cox Logo

Hola 1/2A Nut! I'm glad you like the photos, they were taken by my friend Roberto.
Big hug are in touch! Beer Cheers Mauricio.

MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:43 pm

Bravo Mauricio! I enjoyed the photos and videos! The model flies fantastic! You are a talented builder and flyer! How wonderful to make this old engine sing again.. and with speed-control! Good to be able to "land-on-command" or slow-fly to conserve fuel or make trim adjustment. I see that you have a modified head to use a standard glow-plug. Did you buy it.. or make by drill/tap? It works very well on that engine! Anyone having a Cox .15 glow-head engine would want to know how to keep it running after the glow-"head" burns-out. . What kind of plug; length/heat-range/fuel-blend/prop used? All very useful information. Maybe rpm's are lower.. but your 5-12K was perfect for your model!

I wish you many more great flights!
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:05 pm

roddie wrote:Bravo Mauricio! I enjoyed the photos and videos! The model flies fantastic! You are a talented builder and flyer! How wonderful to make this old engine sing again.. and with speed-control! Good to be able to "land-on-command" or slow-fly to conserve fuel or make trim adjustment. I see that you have a modified head to use a standard glow-plug. Did you buy it.. or make by drill/tap? It works very well on that engine! Anyone having a Cox .15 glow-head engine would want to know how to keep it running after the glow-"head" burns-out. . What kind of plug; length/heat-range/fuel-blend/prop used? All very useful information. Maybe rpm's are lower.. but your 5-12K was perfect for your model!

I wish you many more great flights!

Roddie, how are you!? !! Thanks for your message. I'll soon be engine then placing photos and details!
A hug, Mauritius
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum: