Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Advice on cheap / free web hosting....way off topic Cox_ba12

Advice on cheap / free web hosting....way off topic Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Today at 5:42 am

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Today at 5:35 am

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by Oldenginerod Today at 5:20 am

» Prayers for my Wife Please
by Oldenginerod Today at 5:13 am

» Looking For Comet Tri-Pacer
by latole Today at 3:45 am

» Cox AT-6 Texan repaint.....Pretty nice
by latole Today at 3:20 am

» Cox Ryan ST 2.0
by GallopingGhostler Today at 1:42 am

» "Red Neck" .049 elec. starter
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 7:04 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:58 pm

» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by roddie Yesterday at 3:07 pm

» Removing old decals
by latole Yesterday at 3:06 pm

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 2:29 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Advice on cheap / free web hosting....way off topic Empty
Live on Patrol

Advice on cheap / free web hosting....way off topic

Go down

Wanted Advice on cheap / free web hosting....way off topic

Post  fredvon4 Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:36 pm

Question for any who have been there done that

I really desire Robert’s (SH) and Jacob’s (CoxEngine) opinions and advice

Bottom line up front:
How would I find a low cost web hosting service for a very small web page with general information and a donate link?

Info only, no FORUM needed nor desired.
----------------------------------------------

Wife is a volunteer for a local County “Community Cats” Trap, Neuter and Release (TNR) group with little to no budget and a few donations

Another county is providing monthly space available VETRENARY services for low cost or free

At my suggestion..they need to get a web site, Nonprofit designation, and a PayPal “Donate Now” presence ---they are considering these recommendations

They / I are absolutely NOT interested in YOUR opinion about ALL Feral Cats need killing… These ladies are following their own moral compasses.

To date in first two months, they have trapped, gotten medical care, and euthanized some, gotten rabies shots, abortions, and neutering for 76 of our gross over population of cats in our county. There is an estimated 1500+ feral cats in the county.

This rural county has one dedicated Animal control deputy who is over worked with more dangerous animal problems, and as typical, no money to properly address ALL animal control problems.

The idea here is to trap, get most rabies shots and neutering--then release them back where they came from to live out natural lives and NOT increase the population… some are so diseased they must be put down

They have started the State and Federal 501C path, they have donors lined up, they still need a formal board of directors/Officers, and recorded meetings. They secured an ordinance in the City to do this work and are working on the county side. 100% volunteer driven.

Opinions, advice, good ideas… sought

Please keep it on subject…

How to properly define a problem, and solutions about cat over population, are relevant…

But all “kill the vermin buggers” suggestions are irrelevant…..especially if you have some strange and cruel ideas about how all cats should be treated

TIA
Fred
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Wanted Re: Advice on cheap / free web hosting....way off topic

Post  roddie Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:10 am

Hi Fred, Very admirable work that your wife and the group are doing. The feral-cat situation exists here in Rhode Island too. Three of our four cats were rescued feral as young kittens. They are siblings and came from a very similar group that traps/captures the animals, has their health assessed, vaccinates, spays/neuters and releases. (same process..)

We got our kittens by answering a local "Craig's List" ad. A woman and her mother brought them to us in a cage. She had no website-info. She didn't even have an email address. She accepted our offer of a $100.00 donation, and actually left the cage for us.

They try to place the kittens in homes if they're young enough. If the animals are out in the wild for too long, their chances of being domesticated as "pets" is slim. I'm sure that you/your wife knows this already.

IMO.. female kittens that were feral, may be more resistant to domestication than males. I believe that it's their instinct as well as the teaching by the mother cat to hunt for food to feed their babies.

What I'd like to see; are TV/radio/newspaper ads that educate people who take/keep cats as pets. For example; "female cats" that are allowed to go outside should be spayed.. to prevent an accidental pregnancy and a resulting litter of kittens that can't or worse; won't be cared for. That's how the whole problem started.

Pet-owners can be ignorant and irresponsible. Adults as well as children need to be taught that keeping a pet comes with consequences. Periodic Veterinary wellness check-ups (and the associated expense of such).. the cost of food and the chore of keeping a litter-box clean need to be realized before they take-on the responsibility. Too often; the excitement/joy of taking-in a new pet wears-off after they're used to having one. Cats are very easy pets to keep. They're generally independent creatures.. but can be very social and affectionate. Unlike canines.. they don't require much of your time. A cat is purrfectly content to be left to its own devices. Feed it, keep its litter-box clean.. and IMHO.... keep it indoors where it's safe. Indoor cats generally live to the age of 15-20 years if their general-health is good.

These are some of the things that many people aren't aware of. Cats (and dogs..) as pets, are also known to have a positive affect on the treatment of chronic-depression in people.

I wish I could offer more info on the web-hosting thing.. and will look into programs here in my area to see if I can get you some information Fred.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down