Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Air Hogs.. "Visionary" Cox_ba12

Air Hogs.. "Visionary" Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Stealth SB-X
by Admin Today at 8:28 pm

» ST .35 STUNT / VOODOO / ZERO POINT ZERO NITRO
by TD ABUSER Today at 7:45 pm

» SUPERTIGER .15 PROJECT
by TD ABUSER Today at 7:42 pm

» For sale -- Cox Custom Carburetors for Tee Dee engines
by sosam117 Today at 5:23 pm

» WHERE ARE YOU BUYING YOUR FUEL AND GLOW PLUGS...?
by TD ABUSER Today at 4:35 pm

» Waiting for Engines from Ken Enya
by sosam117 Today at 4:33 pm

» Unusual Cox 049 cylinder - Need help identifying
by anm2 Today at 4:12 pm

» Jim Walker Bonanza etc.
by rsv1cox Today at 2:57 pm

» What's the Best Reed for Cox Reed Valve Engines.
by roddie Today at 1:37 pm

» Fuel choice
by 1975 control line guy Yesterday at 4:01 pm

» "Fall S.M.A.L.L." Video 3.
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 2:37 pm

» Gifted Fox
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 11:12 am

Cox Engine of The Month
August-2024
balogh's

"Cox TD09 R/C Beast of Burden featuring Kamtechnik head and DIY metallic fuel nipple"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Air Hogs.. "Visionary" Empty
Live on Patrol

Air Hogs.. "Visionary"

Go down

Air Hogs.. "Visionary" Empty Air Hogs.. "Visionary"

Post  roddie Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:06 pm

I've had this for a while. My dad gave it to me. He found it at a second-hand shop. I never really looked too closely at it.. but I'm on vacation this week.. and thought I'd unpack-it and take some pics. It's really kinda' cool.

Air Hogs.. "Visionary" Dsc04410
Air Hogs.. "Visionary" Dsc04411

check-out the displacement of its compressed-air engine..

Air Hogs.. "Visionary" Dsc04412
Air Hogs.. "Visionary" Dsc04413

I don't know how old it is. I'm guessing over ten years. I'll have to look at the instruction-sheet.. to see if I can find a printed-date.

The fuse is a PET air-tank capable of holding 80 psi to feed the engine. It comes with two sets of wings, two sets of tail-feathers, decals and an air-pump.

This could actually be a lot of fun.. Smile
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Air Hogs.. "Visionary" Empty Re: Air Hogs.. "Visionary"

Post  akjgardner Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:17 pm

found this on the web............Air Hogs was created in 1996 when Spin Master was approached by British inventors John Dixon and Peter Manning, whose prototype of a compressed air powered toy airplane had been rejected by everyone they had shown it to..............I had one of the early ones....It flew really well
akjgardner
akjgardner
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:29 pm

akjgardner wrote:found this on the web............Air Hogs was created in 1996 when Spin Master was approached by British inventors John Dixon and Peter Manning, whose prototype of a compressed air powered toy airplane had been rejected by everyone they had shown it to..............I had one of the early ones....It flew really well

Yes.. I seem to remember reading about this same info, back when my dad gave it to me. The RC community has used PET bottles/vessels to operate their "Spring-air" retractable gear for decades. I've read horror-stories of models being reduced to "splinters".. because of the over-inflation of homemade PET air-tanks.. and the resultant rupturing/explosion!!!
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  gcb Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:28 am

roddie wrote:
akjgardner wrote:found this on the web............Air Hogs was created in 1996 when Spin Master was approached by British inventors John Dixon and Peter Manning, whose prototype of a compressed air powered toy airplane had been rejected by everyone they had shown it to..............I had one of the early ones....It flew really well

Yes.. I seem to remember reading about this same info, back when my dad gave it to me. The RC community has used PET bottles/vessels to operate their "Spring-air" retractable gear for decades. I've read horror-stories of models being reduced to "splinters".. because of the over-inflation of homemade PET air-tanks.. and the resultant rupturing/explosion!!!  

I still have a couple of the early ones somewhere out in the garage. I think the instructions recommended a specific number of pump strokes (40?) and included a caution about over inflation. Of course we all probably snuck-in a few extra pump strokes. Smile

George
gcb
gcb
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:54 am

gcb wrote:

I still have a couple of the early ones somewhere out in the garage. I think the instructions recommended a specific number of pump strokes (40?) and included a caution about over inflation. Of course we all probably snuck-in a few extra pump strokes. Smile

George

Of course George.. just like the Crossman 760 Power-master air-rifle..  Laughing

This "Visionary" model is from 2003, commemorating "100 years of flight". The instructions don't warn about over-inflation.. (surprisingly..) but state; "Pump up the plane until you feel a lot of pressure and it becomes very difficult to pump. It will take 40 to 60 pumps to pressurize your plane. (Tip: For maximum performance, try 60 to 80 pumps.) When pumping, make sure you push the pump handle all the way down."

I'm sure the tank would rupture at some point beyond the maximum-recommended strokes of the pump.. but there's no mention of that anywhere in the instructions.

The engine starts by smartly "flicking" the propeller in the direction of the arrow on the nose-cone. The engine may "kick-back" and run in reverse if the prop is not flicked hard enough. Hmmm.. does this remind us of a certain type of Cox engine?

The specs. list this Air-Hogs model engine as .046 cu. in. which I find quite interesting.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Air Hogs.. "Visionary" Empty Spin Master Air Hogs video

Post  roddie Tue Aug 13, 2024 12:14 pm

The vid gets interesting at about 00:02:00 at which point assembly and operation are discussed.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: