Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Two Outta Three Ain't Bad! or Thank-you Mr Woo!!  Cox_ba12

Two Outta Three Ain't Bad! or Thank-you Mr Woo!!  Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» "Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary"
by Kim Today at 3:23 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by balogh Today at 12:55 am

» Original Box for P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer Value
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 11:09 pm

» Cox P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» thread measurements
by MauricioB Yesterday at 5:33 pm

» Cox Thompson Trophy Winner
by Jerry Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» COX 010 TeeDee with RC carb, courtesy sosam 117
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:08 pm

» a cheap sport muffler
by robot797 Yesterday at 1:34 pm

» OS 10FSR Carb Needed
by Cougar 429 Yesterday at 1:14 pm

» AP .061 Hornet
by F4D Phantom II Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:01 pm

» dozens of old .049 TeeDee's, Medallions and a few others
by rsv1cox Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:46 pm

» Re-manufactured Enya .06-II for Boats13
by Boats13 Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:32 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Two Outta Three Ain't Bad! or Thank-you Mr Woo!!  Empty
Live on Patrol

Two Outta Three Ain't Bad! or Thank-you Mr Woo!!

Go down

Two Outta Three Ain't Bad! or Thank-you Mr Woo!!  Empty Two Outta Three Ain't Bad! or Thank-you Mr Woo!!

Post  Marleysky Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:41 pm

I actually have to sent out a big THANK-YoU! to Bob (RSV1cox). He boxed-up and sent Roddie  and I some of his Testor/McCoy engines to be used as parts  donors.  I had a little time to play around with them today and found a neat way to fix a problem we all run into  now and then. Needle Valves that have broken off inside the spray bar. I've tried drilling them out with a Left Handed Drill, with out much success. this time, with Bob's donated engines I tried something a little different.  Heat and a soft but strong bamboo stick ( Chop Stick, thank-you,  Mr Woo Take out Dinners)  I heated the broken end of the NV with a Soldering Iron( just to loosen any old sticky castor) , then pressed the flat pointed end of the chop-stick on the ragged end of the needle valve and turned it to the left, spinning it between my thumb and finger. After a few spins the broken NV had exposed enough threads I could grab on with needle nose pliers and extract the broken stub of the NV.  The second engine was a bit more troublesome, but after running the point of a #11 blade around the ID of the spray bar, and rocking the blade back and forth on the broken NV to create a "lip" for the Bamboo to grab on to, it too spun out enough to grab with the NN pliers and totally remove the stub.  WOW two outta Three, that ain't bad!!

Two Outta Three Ain't Bad! or Thank-you Mr Woo!!  Wemmac13
Two Outta Three Ain't Bad! or Thank-you Mr Woo!!  Wemmac14
Two Outta Three Ain't Bad! or Thank-you Mr Woo!!  Wemmac15

Anyone notice anything "Different" about the glow head on the engine on the Left?
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Two Outta Three Ain't Bad! or Thank-you Mr Woo!!  Empty Re: Two Outta Three Ain't Bad! or Thank-you Mr Woo!!

Post  Oldenginerod Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:20 pm

Yeah, left hand one is the early Wen Mac version glow head, MkX engine. The type with the flats took over with the acquisition by Testors I believe. No, the left one is not a Cox head. They don't fit.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Two Outta Three Ain't Bad! or Thank-you Mr Woo!!  Empty Re: Two Outta Three Ain't Bad! or Thank-you Mr Woo!!

Post  rsv1cox Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:39 pm

Now I want 'em back..... Smile Smile

I thought that one with the different head would draw some interest. As you know the one with the spinner is from an Airacobra. I have so many of the dang little things, I'm just happy to share and duplicates of all I sent to you and roddie.

Have fun guys, I know I did when I first got them. Congrats on removing those broken needles too, maybe I learned something.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:51 pm

That's a cool trick Rene! It might work on other types of broken needle-valves too.
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:58 pm

roddie wrote:That's a cool trick Rene! It might work on other types of broken needle-valves too.

Being loose enough to undo like that probably means they broke off in a crash, meaning te needle wasn't bottomed with the engine running. If the needle was closed and was bumped, breaking it off, or snapped due to overtightening, I wouldn't like your chances.
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down