Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

It due for another special engine (Cox International) Cox_ba12

It due for another special engine (Cox International) Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Today at 9:18 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by 706jim Today at 6:44 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Today at 4:08 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 3:56 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

It due for another special engine (Cox International) Empty
Live on Patrol

It due for another special engine (Cox International)

Go down

It due for another special engine (Cox International) Empty It due for another special engine (Cox International)

Post  aungmyatoo Mon May 07, 2018 8:54 pm

No Special Engine released in 2017, should this year??
It due for another special engine (Cox International) Img_2833
aungmyatoo
aungmyatoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

It due for another special engine (Cox International) Empty Re: It due for another special engine (Cox International)

Post  Cribbs74 Mon May 07, 2018 9:03 pm

I wouldn’t be surprised if new engine releases don’t turn much of a profit. Perhaps it does, but the time and cost involved can quickly get expensive. I wonder if one could place a special order of their choosing with parts readily on hand?

Ron

Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

It due for another special engine (Cox International) Empty Re: It due for another special engine (Cox International)

Post  Jason_WI Mon May 07, 2018 9:38 pm

I thought batches were sent to the anodized and then to the engraver. I think they are still selling the last of the Copper Head engines. 2 years ROI probably doesn’t make sense. The other issue is the remaining parts stock might be nearing the end.

I have SN002 of every limited edition run. If another is made I’m in for #002 Smile

Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Tue May 08, 2018 2:57 am

4 years ago, there were all sorts of crankcase colors, engines being sold that were all colors of the spectrum. They were pretty, yes, but color alone wasn't enough to make me to desire them.

OS came out with blue metallic painted (powder coated?) LA engines. That only lasted for a couple years or less, then were sold there after without the paint.

Could be wrong, but seems the colors are of more value due to the limited production run, they will be rarer.

To each his own; however, I think the modeling community overall is less into engine colors and more into their performance, fuel economy, etc. Once in the air, you don't know the engine color.

Some may like the color because on a plane with an exposed engine (say without cowl or with sheet cheek cowls), the color is an art form that can compliment the rest of the airplane coordinating colors.
But, that's just my opinion and not necessarily the rest of the community's. Tired w/ Coffee Read Popcorn lol!
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  aungmyatoo Tue May 08, 2018 7:55 am

I wonder who has the number #1 and #100 of these special run engines.
I have #88 and #99 of all these.
A bit itchy hand to get another copper head from left over stock (may be random number).
Looks like only 5 of those left.
aungmyatoo
aungmyatoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cox International Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:01 pm

Sorry, just saw this post.

We are still selling the last of the Copperheads and are looking into making another LE engine. The problem is consistent anodizing between five parts that may not be of the same alloy. We are looking at neon green or neon yellow but it will a while before we get samples from an anodizer.

#1 is in our house collection and # 100 always went to a really good customer who has spent over $25,000 with us over the years. Unfortunately the gent, who was in his 80's, passed away recently. His widow has offered to sell us his complete Cox collection, including the five #100 engines but, again, it will be some time before she is ready to deal with this.

Aung has the "lucky 88"; very symbolic in Asia sunny

Pre-empting the obvious question, if we end up with the collection, we will likely bundle all five of the #100 for $995 or thereabouts.
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

http://www.coxengines.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:03 pm

How about orange, green or yellow....oops, just saw above post!
Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  akjgardner Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:24 pm

How about red white and blue
akjgardner
akjgardner
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:23 am

akjgardner wrote:How about red white and blue

That would make sense.  Not only does that cover the USA United States , but also Australia Australia , New Zealand, England United Kingdom , France France and numerous others.  Unfortunately for Bernie, it doesn't include Canada  Canada Day Flag but maybe he can lobby his government for a change.  Hang on, the French flag can cover them, right?
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Boesen Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:59 am

....and North Korea.

Mark Boesen
Mark Boesen
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/049Collectors/

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:44 pm

And Russia, makers of MDS Pro and Northern Velocity (Norvel) engines; also Ural sidecar motorcycles, and many of the aircraft we modelers scale and build. Yellow and Green with may be a touch of Blue would even work for those who live in Brazil. Or, Black, Red and Gold after the German flag? Smile
Would not the venue of pleasing the eyes rather than country association be the merit? Tired w/ Coffee Read Smoking Eyebrows lol!

Silver anodizing along with other colors would be a unique change. Huh... drunken

But please let me clarify; I'm not really into engine bling and probably wouldn't purchase such an engine, so my comments should be taken lightly. Doh!
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down