Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Boxes full of good intentions Cox_ba12

Boxes full of good intentions Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Stealth SB-X
by Admin Today at 8:28 pm

» ST .35 STUNT / VOODOO / ZERO POINT ZERO NITRO
by TD ABUSER Today at 7:45 pm

» SUPERTIGER .15 PROJECT
by TD ABUSER Today at 7:42 pm

» For sale -- Cox Custom Carburetors for Tee Dee engines
by sosam117 Today at 5:23 pm

» WHERE ARE YOU BUYING YOUR FUEL AND GLOW PLUGS...?
by TD ABUSER Today at 4:35 pm

» Waiting for Engines from Ken Enya
by sosam117 Today at 4:33 pm

» Unusual Cox 049 cylinder - Need help identifying
by anm2 Today at 4:12 pm

» Jim Walker Bonanza etc.
by rsv1cox Today at 2:57 pm

» What's the Best Reed for Cox Reed Valve Engines.
by roddie Today at 1:37 pm

» Fuel choice
by 1975 control line guy Yesterday at 4:01 pm

» "Fall S.M.A.L.L." Video 3.
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 2:37 pm

» Gifted Fox
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 11:12 am

Cox Engine of The Month
August-2024
balogh's

"Cox TD09 R/C Beast of Burden featuring Kamtechnik head and DIY metallic fuel nipple"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Boxes full of good intentions Empty
Live on Patrol

Boxes full of good intentions

Go down

Boxes full of good intentions Empty Boxes full of good intentions

Post  rsv1cox Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:49 am

Most, if not all of us have them.  Boxes full of spinners, engine mounts, fuel tanks, propellers, engine parts, hinges, fuel lines, wheels, the list goes on and on.  Things we acquired with thoughts of projects yet to be.  

Recently I "lost" the little circular saw blade that was a visible part of the bell-crank mechanism on my Sky-Leader/Skybar rebuild and I was determined to find it.  So, I pulled out the most recent boxes of just plain (plane) stuff that I had been into and started tearing everything apart.  No dice, but I did get things organized. Electronics in one box, wheels in another, etc.  

Boxes full of good intentions P2050014
Boxes full of good intentions P2050013
Boxes full of good intentions P2050015

Discouraged, I started cleaning up the workbench an area that I had searched before.  Debated with myself whether on not to throw out two boxes of old Aero-gloss and  other dopes and losing, I turned to an empty box with another box stuffed inside it.  Removed the box and there it was...…….

Boxes full of good intentions P2050017
Boxes full of good intentions P2050016

The last box I touched before a massive cleanup.

Boxes full of good intentions P2050018
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Boxes full of good intentions Empty Re: Boxes full of good intentions

Post  Marleysky Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:00 pm

Wow, Bob even your “clean ups” are impressive!!  Neat and orderly, so you know where stuff is, right?
 I still seem to spend more time looking for the tool, screw or glowhead that I just had in my hand a minute ago and now has disappeared!  I ordered some of the Turbo heads from Greg K, and also some Enya plugs from a e bay vendor overseas. The heads shipped quick and I opened the package on my kitchen counter, nope can’t leave em there, so into the “inbox” they go, to go downstairs to the workbench, next trip down the stairs. A week or so later the glow plugs show up “Yeaaa,”......now where are those new Heads? Search everywhere, upstairs, downstairs, desk, workbench and just can’t find ‘em.  Drinking coffee in the morning, pondering,  trying to replay my actions of the day they arrived from a week or so ago ( short term memory?) where did I put them? I
thought I remembered opening the padded envelope they came in, looking at each one sealed in a small zip lock bag, putting them back into the white padded envelope. I also remember putting the white padded envelope in the plastic recycling bin, recallin the thought that wow, Gregs printer sure has small font, cause it was hard to read. Man! Did I toss out the heads with the recycling!! Bah, I could have, they were small and light. Too bad, so sad I’m (getting) old and forgetful. A couple days later, sitting at my messy desk, I open up a small parcel box to look a engine I bought.....lo and behold....there tucked neatly in one corner were the two aluminum heads!! Now, I remember putting them there! How could have I forgotten that’s where put ‘em!! Who cares? i found them! Now, where Did I put them glow plugs?? The circle continues....
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:09 pm

You made my day Rene, I'm not alone. I'm still looking for a set of car/house keys I lost 25 years ago. I'm sure I put them in the trash along with other things I was disposing of at the time.

First thing I did was look in the trash container (top picture left) not there, so I continued looking for days. Then at the limit I actually emptied the garbage can before bring it down to the curb. No luck. All the time it was in the box - top picture extreme right on the workbench/collapsible table.

Bob

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content