Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Swap Meet Score!  "Spending all my mad money ten steps in from the front door." Cox_ba12

Swap Meet Score!  "Spending all my mad money ten steps in from the front door." Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» music vids.. some of your favorites
by Oldenginerod Today at 9:59 am

» Draco Goes Flying, But Misses the Eclipse
by HalfaDave Today at 5:59 am

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by davidll1984 Today at 5:15 am

» Enya .09 II Questions
by Surfer_kris Yesterday at 10:45 pm

» Wen Mac .049 - Conditioning.
by MauricioB Yesterday at 8:21 pm

» Happy 53rd birthday Mauricio!!!
by MauricioB Yesterday at 7:47 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 7:22 pm

» Testers Sprite engine swap
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 6:57 pm

» UV Restore of Yellowed Decals
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 4:59 pm

» 22mm 2-blade nylon marine prop and solid-shaft drive
by roddie Yesterday at 2:46 pm

» Post edit??
by roddie Yesterday at 1:33 pm

» Original Super Power fuel formula?
by HalfaDave Yesterday at 3:28 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Swap Meet Score!  "Spending all my mad money ten steps in from the front door." Empty
Live on Patrol

Swap Meet Score! "Spending all my mad money ten steps in from the front door."

Go down

Swap Meet Score!  "Spending all my mad money ten steps in from the front door." Empty Swap Meet Score! "Spending all my mad money ten steps in from the front door."

Post  Kim Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:17 pm

So some times, the search is over almost before it begins.  I barely got into the place before my eyes fell upon this beautiful, barrel throttled Medallion .09RC that looks like it just fell out of it's box.

Listed as an .049, I initially got excited about adding a throttled engine to my Goldberg Ranger, but it'll do just as nicely on my Jetco Navigator (if I ever get around to restoring it).

Swap Meet Score!  "Spending all my mad money ten steps in from the front door." 10_32

Swap Meet Score!  "Spending all my mad money ten steps in from the front door." 11_30

Then, on the same table, I spotted this!

Swap Meet Score!  "Spending all my mad money ten steps in from the front door." 0_023

Swap Meet Score!  "Spending all my mad money ten steps in from the front door." 121_110

I figure that, right off the bat, my labored breathing/panting, and slight wobbling pretty much blew any bargaining power I might have had.  But, for my 75 bucks, I also got an OEM glow head, fuel tank, backplate, Cox .049 glowhead, OK Cub .049 glow head, a rough but serviceable glow plug wrench, and even some teflon diesel head disks, all piled in a plastic Cox display lid.

This took me down to a few dollars and pocket change for some great club chili, and this:

One of my excuses for getting bleary-eyed at swap meets---you often got to look HARD for some of these "hidden-like-an-easter-egg" treasures!  Maybe "treasure" is a little bit of an exaggeration for this item, but I needed one, and there it was, hiding with Barbie and her Swamp Buggy!!

Swap Meet Score!  "Spending all my mad money ten steps in from the front door." 120_810

So, we're due for some engine running!

P.S.  Forgot to mention that I "scooped" fellow Breezy Hill Flyer Leo on both these engines!  BWAAHAAHAA!!!

Last edited by Kim on Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Swap Meet Score!  "Spending all my mad money ten steps in from the front door." Empty Re: Swap Meet Score! "Spending all my mad money ten steps in from the front door."

Post  Cribbs74 Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:10 pm

I too find it tough to pass up on Cox engines, even when I don’t need them. I am glad you are happy with your purchases, looks like they will be put to good use!

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Swap Meet Score!  "Spending all my mad money ten steps in from the front door." Empty Re: Swap Meet Score! "Spending all my mad money ten steps in from the front door."

Post  Marleysky Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:47 pm

Super Swap Meet Shopping! Grab them bargains were ya find em! Got a real sweet deal on the 010! Pumpkin
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:27 pm

Sometimes things just work in your direction = and it did Great looking haul ! Small Cox Logo Money Toss
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:01 am

Very nice score there Kim. They at least are going to a good home!
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:45 am

Very good buying Very Happy Two Cents
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:06 pm

Score, Kim! I have one of those Med .09s with the throttled spray bar but it's missing the muffler/baffle portion.
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:27 pm

Tee Bee HI!! Do you just have the rotating spray bar for that .09 ?
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:21 am

Yessir. The spraybar is on the engine without the miffler that connects to it. Haven't tried to run it like that yet.
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:45 pm

Kinda hard to find item , i have a complete on and .049s some .15s also parts for the .15 but nothing for the .09 .. i see cox inter. and ex models have the reg. spray bar , you should run that baby ! Was hoping i had some extra parts for yours Sad
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Tee Bee Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:30 pm

Yep, should run it to see how she goes as is. It's in a long line of engines I need to experiment with. Seems when I finally get time to play, I always end up running my "go-to" engines so I can focus on flying instead of tinkering with engines all day. So many unfinished projects, but ai sure love this hobby! I actually have a handful of good-condition Med .09s that are ready to go, so it's hard to sidestep and play with the orphans. With that said, I would like to complete the throttle assembly on it someday and get it flying.
Tee Bee
Tee Bee
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:11 pm

getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  dckrsn Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:29 am

Yep, I saw that too, Eric. The drive plate is a dead give away.
Shows it's a .09 or a .15.
Bob
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum