Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

inquiry, can someone teach me, thank you! Cox_ba12

inquiry, can someone teach me, thank you! Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by balogh Today at 12:55 am

» Original Box for P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer Value
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 11:09 pm

» Cox P-51 Bendix Trophy Racer
by Wayne Brown Yesterday at 5:39 pm

» thread measurements
by MauricioB Yesterday at 5:33 pm

» Cox Thompson Trophy Winner
by Jerry Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» COX 010 TeeDee with RC carb, courtesy sosam 117
by rdw777 Yesterday at 3:08 pm

» "Me and Crazy Horse...Our Anniversary"
by fit90 Yesterday at 2:52 pm

» a cheap sport muffler
by robot797 Yesterday at 1:34 pm

» OS 10FSR Carb Needed
by Cougar 429 Yesterday at 1:14 pm

» AP .061 Hornet
by F4D Phantom II Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:01 pm

» dozens of old .049 TeeDee's, Medallions and a few others
by rsv1cox Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:46 pm

» Re-manufactured Enya .06-II for Boats13
by Boats13 Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:32 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
March-2024
balogh's

"COX Budapest" .049 engine

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

inquiry, can someone teach me, thank you! Empty
Live on Patrol

inquiry, can someone teach me, thank you!

Go down

inquiry, can someone teach me, thank you! Empty inquiry, can someone teach me, thank you!

Post  MauricioB Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:00 pm

Hi guys, who can help by explaining the characteristics of this engine? Well, I just want to learn.
The price is very high, but from my ignorance, if it has bidders it is, because it is worth it, then, what things really make its price what it is.
I am not bidding on the product, I am only interested in learning.
Thanks to those who can expand data to learn.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/VERY-RARE-COX-Mangusta-049-Custom-Model-Airplane-Engine-New-in-Box/114675129876?hash=item1ab32b9e14:g:r7wAAOSw0PNgIrwX
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

inquiry, can someone teach me, thank you! Empty Re: inquiry, can someone teach me, thank you!

Post  davidll1984 Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:59 pm

I think it would be good to try it yourself its not that hard y did couple anodised parts its simple tink if u have 12 v power suply an old batry for acid color try its cool dont spend that mutch buy stuf color from caswel plating its fun hobby y like that Nice job one day y made Somting look like in difrent color y want skul in dark black tank black widow modified je the last parts y made To day inquiry, can someone teach me, thank you! 16144810
The parts résistance To oil fuel heat scratch y can help if u try
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

inquiry, can someone teach me, thank you! Empty Re: inquiry, can someone teach me, thank you!

Post  dckrsn Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:00 pm

Hello Mauricio. The builder was Tim Wiltse. Brilliant work(imho). I have
one of his engines, and some parts he modified. His anodizing was perfect.
Regarding the Mangusta:
Price is relative. Look at the number of bidders! The BIG question is, how
deep are your pockets$? Too rich for me. Crying or Very sad
https://www.coxengineforum.com/t11292-halfa-works-skyline-fx049
Bob

Last edited by dckrsn on Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
dckrsn
dckrsn
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:05 pm

Tink the guy made those engine just color stunt engine custom made desing noting spécial tink just Good look tink is dead in car accident crash?? Y se post on them here and there
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:16 pm

VERY RARE COX Mangusta .049 Custom Model Airplane Engine New in Box!

Custom built and handcrafted by Tim Wiltse!

*Balanced Crankshaft

* Lightened Piston

* HyperColor's Super Cool Splash Anodizing

* Chromed Cylinder

* Crystal Display Box

The Mangusta .049 is a High Performance engine that will leave all the others behind with it's stunning looks and it's killer performance. It's piston has been machined to remove excess weight. This works together with it's balanced crankshaft to remove rotating mass. This means you get a higher reving engine. This engine is has a new glow head with extra gaskets for those running nitro fuel. It's backplate has had it's vent

removed and plugged to work with the tank vents. Also built with new gaskets!

Your Mangusta .049 will have people stopping in their tracks to check out it's two color Splash Anodizing that you will only find on engines from HyperColor Anodizing. This engine will run great mounted on the nose of your next project plane whether Radio Controled or Control Line or it will be a great piece added to your collection!

*The engine was fastened to the cardboard display and over time made a slightly bigger hole in the cardboard.

See pictures for details.

US bidders only.
No international shipping.
1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:34 pm

Y wil like To se it run se is there vidéo ? wow it run ? Like how fast its Just regular bee ?? Y like To se is tee dee version ?
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:47 pm

Ok just Find the vidéo tee bee can tel how it run wit the Rotary valve sound strange? Y like m'y litle tee dee .049 and for the price y build two as soon heat comme i try made Good vidéo of one of m'y desing engine wil have To use audio thach its cars engine y like To tink crome plated can help for performance only wit aluminium piston its Just impossible crome To crome work its plated piston wil Not last y try To fix the aloy piston use for hi performance on test of new stuf
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:47 pm

Hello, thank you for the answers, but as I said before, I would like to learn and it is precisely because I am at the other end of the world and I have no knowledge, I can only read them to you or whoever puts accurate information and from there he has learned something new.
Maybe I was not clear enough in my question, so now I will ask the question differently:
What does Mangusta mean?
Who is Mr. Tim Wiltse?
What technical data does this motor show in operation?
RPM:
Weight:
Propeller:
Fuel and proportions ??
Type of glow plug?
It says that the cylinder is chrome, is it really chrome (chrome application) or is it exterior polished?
Applying chrome to parts is a very different matter than a bright polish.
So now, maybe it will be better understood what I want to learn ...
Brad, my friend, I read the entire description of the item and that description caused all these questions to me.
David, the anodizing process is an interesting topic for me, I would like to do it sometime, but on this engine I was not attracted to those "graffiti" colored details, I still prefer the full intense colors and not as shown in the tank on this engine, but those are personal taste.
I hope I have clarified my doubts. It is not about mistrust, I just hope I have clarified my doubts to learn.
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:01 pm

Bob, there I could see details of one of your engines, where the transfers and interior channels have been reviewed, I also see that the piston was modified, so there is precisely a reprocessing of the parts. Very Happy Thumbs Up
https://www.coxengineforum.com/t11292-halfa-works-skyline-fx049
It would be interesting then to know data of operating results with measurements of rpm, etc. etc to have knowledge between an original engine and an engine prepared by this Mr.
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  davidll1984 Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:02 pm

Wel as y say it look prety just To m'y opinion the tee dee .051 for price compare To those engine y tink the run  bether just saying y tink the mangusta get bether wit time of use truly dont no m'y tee dee run Good first !wy no result rpm test statique y use 6x3 Most of the time and get decent run so if ther la no result go figur Very Happy
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:24 am

To me it looks like a custom collectible engine. I doubt it will run any better than any other engine with similar configuration. The lightened piston does make me curious though.

It looks pretty, but for that kind of price I’d expect a NOS backplate, not a modified used non-stunt version. This would look great with one of those new aluminium backplates, by the way Cool

I agree that the price is ”right” when the deal is done, I just hope the buyer knows what he is buying. This engine is rare and unique just like any other custom engine. The price depends not so much on what it actually is, but on who did it. Just like any other form of art. Performance does not matter much, as it is not expected to be mounted on a plane... So it may have all the right parts and a modified piston, but I am 99,5% sure that whoever buys it won’t run it.

Yes, I think it’s pretty. Would I buy it? No. But to each his own.
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:25 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwC6MBejAPU

Mangusta DR .049 Break-in Run

Tee Bee:
This is a rare customized Cox .049 made by Tim Wiltse.  
I bought it from him about 2 years ago and am just getting around to testing it out.  
It started as a reed-valve Surestart engine and now has a rear intake rotary induction
with a Delrin rotor driven by the crankshaft.  Custom machined venturi, mount, spinner,
modified cylinder.  Lightened crank and piston.  Sub-port induction.  Anodized crankcase.  
This is one of the initial runs with a Cox 5x3 prop.  Please excuse the initial tach readings
as it was accidently set on 3 blades during the 1st part of the vid.  Initial rpms are significantly
lower than I anticipated.  Hopefully it will improve a bit after some run-in.
15,510 rpm Cox 5x3 prop.
19,500 rpm APC 4.2x4
Galbreath / Nelson plug

Small Cox Logo  Thumbs Up
1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:36 am

Tim Wiltse:
Sniper DR .049 Mk2 drum rotor APC 4.2x4

The Mk2 later became the Mangusta DR .049.
Peak 21,003 rpm / 4.2x4

https://www.youtube.com/user/TimWiltse/videos

Last edited by 1/2A Nut on Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
1/2A Nut
1/2A Nut
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  1/2A Nut Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:38 am

Tee Bee