Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

A Beautiful Sunday on Breezy Hill (a couple weeks ago) Cox_ba12

A Beautiful Sunday on Breezy Hill (a couple weeks ago) Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:17 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Yesterday at 4:36 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

» [solved]most Efficent Glowhead Clip for Norvel Engine
by batjac Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:33 pm

» TD/Medallion .049 fuel draw issues
by Ken Cook Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:18 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

A Beautiful Sunday on Breezy Hill (a couple weeks ago) Empty
Live on Patrol

A Beautiful Sunday on Breezy Hill (a couple weeks ago)

Go down

A Beautiful Sunday on Breezy Hill (a couple weeks ago) Empty A Beautiful Sunday on Breezy Hill (a couple weeks ago)

Post  Kim Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:14 am

I wasn't planning on flying, but got a call from Billy that he and several other Flyers were out with their machines, taking advantage of the fairly low winds on this beautiful Sunday morning.

Draco was still riding around in the van from the previous day's flying, so off we went.

Leo was making the first flights of his Vintage Performance Model's control line "SPAD", President Ronnie was working with Brad on some moves with his Yak 54, Billy brought a couple of his fantastic scale rubberband models, and I put 4 more flights on Draco.

Apologies to President Ronnie for the brief footage...two of my video files got corrupted, and I couldn't seem to get them back. Gonna try to do better this next time.

Leo's Control Liner
Ronnie's Yak 54
Billy's Builds
Draco's first flights at Breezy Hill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GJNjJE7480
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

A Beautiful Sunday on Breezy Hill (a couple weeks ago) Empty Re: A Beautiful Sunday on Breezy Hill (a couple weeks ago)

Post  Ken Cook Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:26 am

A big thumbs up on the Guillows laser cut kits. His Cessna looks terrific. I just built a old kit I had since 74, the decals are ok on the sheet but I know what will happen when I put them in water. I will try and do the same.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

A Beautiful Sunday on Breezy Hill (a couple weeks ago) Empty Re: A Beautiful Sunday on Breezy Hill (a couple weeks ago)

Post  rsv1cox Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:16 pm

For a second, I thought someone was launching my latest Gilbert Sky what-ever it is.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:14 pm

rsv1cox wrote:For a second, I thought someone was launching my latest Gilbert Sky what-ever it is.

It'd be neat to see one of those fly!!!

Last edited by Kim on Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:24 pm

Kim wrote:
rsv1cox wrote:For a second, I thought someone was launching my latest Gilbert Sky what-ever it is.

It!d be neat to see one of those fly!!!

Be careful, I have had thoughts of sending one of them to you or Ken to fly for Rod in Australia. I'd send it to him but shipping would be major bucks and no guarantee that it would get there in one piece.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:32 am

rsv1cox wrote:
Kim wrote:

Be careful, I have had thoughts of sending one of them to you or Ken to fly for Rod in Australia.  I'd send it to him but shipping would be major bucks and no guarantee that it would get there in one piece.

Dude!!!!
I'd normally balk at flying someone else's Precious Plastic, but if you'd want to do it, I'd go in for the postage!!!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:39 am

Kim wrote:
rsv1cox wrote:
Kim wrote:

Be careful, I have had thoughts of sending one of them to you or Ken to fly for Rod in Australia.  I'd send it to him but shipping would be major bucks and no guarantee that it would get there in one piece.

Dude!!!!
I'd normally balk at flying someone else's Precious Plastic, but if you'd want to do it, I'd go in for the postage!!!!!

Smile Smile

You won't be flying mine, you will be flying yours's to do with as you please.  Keep it, sell it, donate it - your pleasure.  I just want someone to fulfill Rods wish, mine too. Fly the thing, see what it does, a marriage for better or worse.  Smile

But you will be getting the worst of the three Wink postage not necessary.  But I might break it down to a smaller box.  Easy enough to reassemble except for that darn bell crank.  Give me a couple of days, then I'll PM you with a tracking number.  

PS: It may need some tweaking, I have not run it or fueled it up. I will ensure the head is good, but I think you have a spare .11.

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldenginerod Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:45 am

Yahoo!!! This is going to be great (I hope). If anyone can get some plastic fantastic into the air it's Kim. Hey, maybe we'll all end up bitterly disappointed. The thing might fly like a dog. I mean, I've never heard of anyone actually winessing one of these Gilberts flying.

Hey Bob, thanks for thinking of me. Yeah, the tyranny of distance! I doubt it would get here in one piece unless you packed it in a wooden crate. Hey, I'm not your man anyway. I'm still making excuses why I haven't flown my Fly'em P-40 for over 40 years, or my WenMac P-39 ever.
Got two complete and finished balsa 1/2As I haven't got around to flying as well. Slack, I know!!!
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:45 am

Cool Deal , this will bee fun and not even bee there LOL But to all fairness Kim gives such good commentary on documenting what is going on I will feel like I am there . The only problem is WILL IT FLY A CAMERA lol! This Site Rocks! I Love This Forum!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:27 am

getback wrote:Cool Deal , this will bee fun and not even bee there LOL But to all fairness Kim gives such good commentary on documenting what is going on I will feel like I am there . The only problem is WILL IT FLY A CAMERA lol! This Site Rocks! I Love This Forum!

I mailed it this morning. Be kind to Kim, this won't be a walk in the park. I'm sure it will take him a few days to get the thing sorted out before he flies it. But, if the engine runs the rest of it should be ok. I'm eager to hear if that complicated bell crank is worth the effort of designing and installing it.

A Beautiful Sunday on Breezy Hill (a couple weeks ago) P1013009
A Beautiful Sunday on Breezy Hill (a couple weeks ago) P1013008
A Beautiful Sunday on Breezy Hill (a couple weeks ago) P1013007

rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:10 am

rsv1cox wrote:
getback wrote:Cool Deal , this will bee fun and not even bee there LOL But to all fairness Kim gives such good commentary on documenting what is going on I will feel like I am there . The only problem is WILL IT FLY A CAMERA lol! This Site Rocks! I Love This Forum!

I mailed it this morning.  Be kind to Kim, this won't be a walk in the park.  I'm sure it will take him a few days to get the thing sorted out before he flies it.  But, if the engine runs the rest of it should be ok.  I'm eager to hear if that complicated bell crank is worth the effort of designing and installing it.

A Beautiful Sunday on Breezy Hill (a couple weeks ago) P1013009
A Beautiful Sunday on Breezy Hill (a couple weeks ago) P1013008
A Beautiful Sunday on Breezy Hill (a couple weeks ago) P1013007

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn! Damn! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers Warm Warm Warm Warm Warm Warm Warm
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down