Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!


Went to a snowboarding show today..... Cox_ba12




Went to a snowboarding show today..... Pixel

Log in

I forgot my password

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Gut instinct
by roddie Today at 6:32 pm

» Scientific Gulfhawk
by duaneh Today at 6:02 pm

» Roddie tears-down his recent bench-run engine
by rdw777 Today at 5:46 pm

» Cox Ryan ST 2.0
by rdw777 Today at 5:23 pm

» My Cox .049 reedy with a Galbreath head and Nelson plug
by F4D Phantom II Today at 12:03 pm

» audio-tach anyone?
by roddie Yesterday at 10:09 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 9:16 pm

» Nostalgia alert, my 1959 Corvette revisited
by crankbndr Yesterday at 6:15 pm

» Prayers for my Wife Please
by fit90 Yesterday at 8:34 am

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by getback Yesterday at 7:19 am

» WenMac 049 - Glow Plug & Head Gasket replacements?
by Ken Cook Sun May 19, 2024 8:50 pm

» 12 string guitar suggestions
by akjgardner Sun May 19, 2024 8:08 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"



PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery


Went to a snowboarding show today..... Empty
Live on Patrol


Went to a snowboarding show today.....

Go down

Went to a snowboarding show today..... Empty Went to a snowboarding show today.....

Post  nitroairplane Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:53 am

Well i went to a trade show and they were displaying the boards and skis on a dry slope and i took a video sorry for the poor quality it was filmed and edited on my Iphone 3gs.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Went to a snowboarding show today..... Empty Re: Went to a snowboarding show today.....

Post  PV Pilot Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:05 pm

Was a ski bum all thru high school and college. Back in 1984 I purchased one of Burton Snow boards first "cheapie" board. Rode it a few times but decided skis were for me. A laminated wood board called a Backhill. I still have it to this day with all the pieces. found some pics.

http://burton.emptybottleworks.com/main.php?year=1984&model=Backhill
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Posts : 1854
Join date : 2011-08-11
Age : 57
Location : The ragged end of the Universe.

Back to top Go down

Went to a snowboarding show today..... Empty Re: Went to a snowboarding show today.....

Post  nitroairplane Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:07 pm

PV Pilot wrote:Was a ski bum all thru high school and college. Back in 1984 I purchased one of Burton Snow boards first "cheapie" board. Rode it a few times but decided skis were for me. A laminated wood board called a Backhill. I still have it to this day with all the pieces. found some pics.

http://burton.emptybottleworks.com/main.php?year=1984&model=Backhill
Lovely piece of history there, I have been snowboarding for AGGGGGEEEEEESSSS and still do i now have a Rome cheaptrik and am hoping to get a skate banana this season i have 2 trips planned this season.
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Went to a snowboarding show today..... Empty Re: Went to a snowboarding show today.....

Post  PV Pilot Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:10 pm

I was really good at teaching people to ski. I had the most patience even with the slowest learner. I guess that's a attribute that goes hand in hand with models. After getting my Associates degree in Diesel technology at a Local college, I had signed up for classes to get my ski instructors certificate, but life caught up and that one slipped away. Been years since I been back to Mt Hood in Oregon, Mt Batchelor, Mission Ridge WA (A B-24 liberator crashed in that basin in 1944, hence the name), Telluride CO, Whistler/Blackcomb in BC, Squaw Valley CA, White Pass WA, Schweitzer Ida, forgetting a few.

Those were the days.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Posts : 1854
Join date : 2011-08-11
Age : 57
Location : The ragged end of the Universe.

Back to top Go down

Went to a snowboarding show today..... Empty Re: Went to a snowboarding show today.....

Post  nitroairplane Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:15 pm

PV Pilot wrote:I was really good at teaching people to ski. I had the most patience even with the slowest learner. I guess that's a attribute that goes hand in hand with models. After getting my Associates degree in Diesel technology at a Local college, I had signed up for classes to get my ski instructors certificate, but life caught up and that one slipped away. Been years since I been back to Mt Hood in Oregon, Mt Batchelor, Mission Ridge WA (A B-24 liberator crashed in that basin in 1944, hence the name), Telluride CO, Whistler/Blackcomb in BC, Squaw Valley CA, White Pass WA, Schweitzer Ida, forgetting a few.

Those were the days.

I love Whistler/Blackcomb and may make it this year.
You mentioned diesel technology did you ever try model diesel engines?
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Went to a snowboarding show today..... Empty Re: Went to a snowboarding show today.....

Post  PV Pilot Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:21 pm

Not yet,,been looking at them tho'.

I am liking those precision Valentine engines, like the one you purchased. Maybe santa will be kind this year.
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Posts : 1854
Join date : 2011-08-11
Age : 57
Location : The ragged end of the Universe.

Back to top Go down

Went to a snowboarding show today..... Empty Re: Went to a snowboarding show today.....

Post  nitroairplane Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:26 pm

PV Pilot wrote:Not yet,,been looking at them tho'.

I am liking those precision Valentine engines, like the one you purchased. Maybe santa will be kind this year.
PM'd
nitroairplane
nitroairplane
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 6956
Join date : 2011-04-11
Location : London

http://modeldieselengines.forumstopic.com/

Back to top Go down

Went to a snowboarding show today..... Empty Re: Went to a snowboarding show today.....

Post  PV Pilot Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:50 pm

nitroairplane wrote:
PV Pilot wrote:Not yet,,been looking at them tho'.

I am liking those precision Valentine engines, like the one you purchased. Maybe santa will be kind this year.
PM'd

Back at ya!!
PV Pilot
PV Pilot
High Tech Balsa Basher
High Tech Balsa Basher

Posts : 1854
Join date : 2011-08-11
Age : 57
Location : The ragged end of the Universe.

Back to top Go down

Went to a snowboarding show today..... Empty Re: Went to a snowboarding show today.....

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum