Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Getting ready to get ready Cox_ba12

Getting ready to get ready Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Tired of it all…
by getback Today at 2:32 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by OVERLORD Today at 2:20 pm

» PT-19 Mayhem at Buder Park...a Decade Ago!!!!
by Kim Today at 7:41 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:46 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Today at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 4:16 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 12:27 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Getting ready to get ready Empty
Live on Patrol

Getting ready to get ready

Go down

Getting ready to get ready Empty Getting ready to get ready

Post  rsv1cox Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:40 am

I built this Sterling Nieuport 28 a few years ago when my hand shakes really started to become a problem. Did a terrible job. Put it away and mostly forgot about it. Noticed it the other day when taking pictures for another thread. Thought if I was ever going to fly it, it had to be soon.

I built it's senior about fifty years ago and flew it many times. Such a pleasure. Low and slow with no drama as opposed to some of my other models at the time. Perfect for me now. I used to fly the original on 52'/60' lines. Can't do that now, trees limit me to 35' max so I have got to cut down one of my old lines to fit.

Getting ready to get ready Moon_l10

The original has an instant start trouble free .35 McCoy series 21 fitted, so when I built this one I installed another series 21 .35 too, new and never ran.

Tried to start it this morning - new Enya #3 plug and Traxxes 10% with added castor. Finger flipping I wasn't getting much joy so I got out the electric starter and got it running - rich. Reached over with my gloved hand (hold-over from finger flipping) to lean it out and caught the prop about wrist level stalling the engine. Thanks for the glove saving me from the Sharp edged APC. Turned in the needle a couple of turns and started it again this time running perfectly. Ran out the tank. Should be enough break-in to bring it to the field and fly it.

Getting ready to get ready P1010368
Getting ready to get ready P1010367

Also want to fly this Walt Musciano F-100 Hollow Log I rebuilt from a crashed model awhile back and posted about here. Eager to see how the flying tail does. Well used and proven Cox Babe Bee powers it. I don't think I ever fuel proofed it so I sprayed it with the last can of my hoarded Top Flight clear.

Getting ready to get ready P1010369
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Getting ready to get ready Empty Re: Getting ready to get ready

Post  Cribbs74 Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:24 am

Glad you didn’t get hurt Bob. When do you plan on flying it? Are you having Mark do it?

Exciting times ahead!

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:15 pm

Cribbs74 wrote:Glad you didn’t get hurt Bob. When do you plan on flying it? Are you having Mark do it?

Exciting times ahead!

Ron

Yes, Mark and I talked about it on the phone this morning.  He called just as I started flipping the prop..  He checks in on me every morning to see if I'm still around.  Smile
In the past when Spike was alive I told the kids - ignore the smell when you find me, just make sure Spike has water.  Gallows humor but I meant it..  Miss that dog.  

Getting ready to get ready Dscn1311

No, I want to fly it myself.  At last count I had 42 flyable airplanes. Since then I have built/rebuilt several more.  It's time I thinned the herd.  If I have to dump it, I have only mowed half the field, the other half is tall grass.  

There has been a few times when I was running engines that I just let him listen on the phone.  I threaten to fly it myself using a stooge.  Get's him out here faster.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:55 pm

Funny, that’s a good attitude to have. Yeah if it goes down at least you were having fun doing it! Best of luck to you. By the time you fly those 42 planes you should get past the dizzies.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:14 pm

My dad now walks with a cane and is so hunched over he's practically looking straight down. I yell at him all the time and it makes him mad but it upsets me to see him that way. Prior to his cane, I took him out flying and man what a mistake that was. I should've been out in the circle with him but I was on the sideline watching. He was flying a Twister he built and I probably should've set the needle a bit richer but the Fox .35 in a Twister needs to be running a bit strong or it can become a handful. Well he got dizzy, started walking oblong and then went over. I just remember my son saying words I won't mention and then the plane flying away. I saw the handle go flying, the lines and it was going straight up. So my son runs out to pick him up and when he gets up the plane was still going up. You know the saying, " What goes up, must come down". It came down but when it landed, it rekitted itself. It took a while but we came to terms that this was probably not a good idea and we chuckle about it but I feel bad I wasn't helping him out in the circle. I know the end result wouldn't of been the same.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down