Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

JR radios technical service. Cox_ba12

JR radios technical service. Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Today at 3:16 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by Boats13 Today at 12:43 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by 1/2A Nut Today at 12:08 am

» Happy Anzac Day!
by Boats13 Yesterday at 11:03 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Yesterday at 4:08 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Yesterday at 6:20 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:12 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

JR radios technical service. Empty
Live on Patrol

JR radios technical service.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

JR radios technical service. Empty JR radios technical service.

Post  MauricioB Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:43 am

Hi guys, I want to ask some questions to evaluate making a decision.
I will tell you about this, this is one of my JR radios, it is a 9303, which I used for years, about 6 years ago it was maintained, since the radio was bought around the year 2007/8, I stopped using it Because I started using a JR 9503, (the one I currently use now), a while ago I wanted to use my old JR 9303 radio again and completely lost its program, that is, I was left without a single data on the screen; Change batteries, but everything remains the same, without showing a single data, directly does not turn on.
I made some inquiries and the same thing happened to a friend with a JR9303, so he had to send the USA to the technical service and there they did general maintenance, reloading the program of functions, they even placed a battery with higher amps than the original.
So, I have a couple of questions:
JR seems to be no more, but is there a JR service currently in the USA ?.
If there is a technical service, could you give me the data, please, where should I contact me?
I would explain the problem to them and then maybe I can send it to do the necessary maintenance.
From already thank you very much!
JR radios technical service. 20200810
JR radios technical service. 20200811
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

JR radios technical service. Empty Re: JR radios technical service.

Post  gkamysz Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:53 pm

Look for a blown fuse. You'll have to remove the rear of the case of the 9303.
gkamysz
gkamysz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:16 pm

gkamysz wrote:Look for a blown fuse. You'll have to remove the rear of the case of the 9303.

Hello, thanks for leaving your message.
It is not the friend fuse, that happened once and was replaced and I enjoyed it for a long time.
What happened now is that this radio stopped using it for years and I was not charging its battery. Its internal lithium battery was discharged and its software was lost.
So, I need to send this over to the JR service and have them reload the software, put in a new internal lithium battery (if necessary) and also a new pack of normal-use batteries for powering the radio.
That is the problem, the software was lost due to the loss of the internal lithium battery..
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  sosam117 Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:41 pm

MauricioB wrote:
gkamysz wrote:Look for a blown fuse. You'll have to remove the rear of the case of the 9303.

It is not the friend fuse, that happened once and was replaced and I enjoyed it for a long time.
What happened now is that this radio stopped using it for years and I was not charging its battery. Its internal lithium battery was discharged and its software was lost.
So, I need to send this over to the JR service and have them reload the software, put in a new internal lithium battery (if necessary) and also a new pack of normal-use batteries for powering the radio.
That is the problem, the software was lost due to the loss of the internal lithium battery..

Had the same problem 2 years ago.
Guy in my club was able to change the lithium battery (that on the board inside.)
Now the interesting part was he loaded the programs from his JR radio to my Jr radio.
Like down loading from an old computer to your new computer.

So, If you can find someone with the same Jr radio you can try to download the program from that radio.
By the way, his setups in his radio was transferred to mine.

Good luck.

sosam117
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:45 pm

I did a google search for JR 9303, this thread from RC soaring showed up.

http://www.rcsoaring.com/docs/9303knight.pdf

I am not sure if the XP9303 is the same as the JR9303?  The last page he gives his name and contact information.  Might be worth a e-mail to find out:
JR radios technical service. 93097110
JR radios technical service. 759b3210
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:48 pm

sosam117 wrote:
MauricioB wrote:

Guy in my club was able to change the lithium battery (that on the board inside.)
Now the interesting part was he loaded the programs from his JR radio to my Jr radio.

So, If you can find someone with the same Jr radio you can try to download the program from that radio.

Good luck.

sosam117

That is great! ... Can you contact me with your friend?
I myself can perhaps change the internal battery if I have someone to explain the steps to me.
To load the program, I have friends here with the same radio, also, if your friend gives me the instructions I can try.
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

JR radios technical service. Empty Glad memory used on Xp9303

Post  happydad Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:32 pm

MauricioB wrote:
sosam117 wrote:
MauricioB wrote:

Good luck.

sosam117

I myself can perhaps change the internal battery if I have someone to explain the steps to me.
To load the program, I have friends here with the same radio, also, if your friend gives me the instructions I can try.

MauricioB: are you sure the battery is Lithium? In the past they used tiny NiCd’s. Sometimes 4 in series. I used to repair Dell computers and the clock battery, similar, was under the keyboard. Do you know where the battery is? If you do and have an EXACT replacement, voltage wise. ALWAYS unsolder the ground side first. Most soldering irons are grounded and you don”t want to ground the “+” side of a Lithium battery. Have you checked the voltage on the battery? Minimum 3.7volts per cell, most likely 2 cells. Make sure you read the manual over and over, before starting.

Have fun. I will look into the manual when I have time. Garbage day tomorrow.

>>>> edited on 8-2-20 to add info: the xp9303 manual on 2nd line page 5 says “flash memory is used to store data, so no backup battery is needed”, I will see if I can find a manual for the JR 9303. >>>>

Happydad RC Plane   United States   Old Bugger Argentina

Last edited by happydad on Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To add content)
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  sosam117 Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:49 pm

happydad wrote:
MauricioB wrote:
sosam117 wrote:
MauricioB wrote:

Good luck.

sosam117

MauricioB: are you sure the battery is Lithium? In the past they used tiny NiCd’s. Sometimes 4 in series. I used to repair Dell computers and the clock battery, similar, was under the keyboard. Do you know where the battery is? If you do and have an EXACT replacement, voltage wise. ALWAYS unsolder the ground side first. Most soldering irons are grounded and you don”t want to ground the “+” side of a Lithium battery. Have you checked the voltage on the battery? Minimum 3.7volts per cell, most likely 2 cells. Make sure you read the manual over and over, before starting.

Have fun. I will look into the manual when I have time. Garbage day tomorrow.

Happydad RC Plane   United States   Old Bugger Argentina

I watched electronic John (his club nick name) change the battery (which is soldered to the board).
Why would you solder a battery to a board. A computer has a socket it pops into?
John had some extra batteries for his JR radios (just in case). He's also a ham operator (other hobby).
I didn't see John much at the field last year and haven't seen any club members this year (cause of the virus).
I've been to his house twice and that's it. He doesn't fly much (if at all).
He comes to the field, chats for a while then leaves. He does bring a plane to the field (his latest project - completed)
Has someone test fly it and ok that's it, time to go home.

I'll see what I can do?
sosam117
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:11 pm

Here is the instructions of JR X9303:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.jramericas.com/manuals/X9303_2.4G_US-LoRes_Manual.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjMp6yA0v3qAhXj-ioKHYViDwEQFjAAegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw2yV5MbOjCJ_oW87mBv4c7l

No back up battery needed any for JR 9303 flash memory like as USB flash disks, so it must be another electronical issue.

Last edited by Levent Suberk on Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Manual change)
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:15 pm

Mauricio, no lights turn on any? Charge the battery and check it?
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

JR radios technical service. Empty JR Tech help

Post  sosam117 Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:17 pm

First thing to do is replace the battery that's on the board.
If your luck enough, the radio's programming might be burned into the memory chip inside.
My dad's Airtronics Visions radio went dead like. that as well.
New Tx batteries (8 cell pack of nicads) but the screen was dark (blank)
Replaced the battery that was on the board and the radio program came back on the led screen.

Give that a try first and I hope that works out first.
Then you may not have to get it reprogrammed?

sosam117
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:43 pm

Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  gkamysz Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:57 pm

I replaced a 3V battery in my old 783 quite a few years ago. I did check to see if 9303 had one, but as others say, it does not.

How hard are these to find used in Europe? With the cost of shipping it seems hardly worth shipping for repairs. I think part of the problem is the shop needs FCC certification to repair 72MHz equipment and as there is little demand, most have given up.

The only place I know of which has been around for ages, is https://radiosouthrc.com/home/radio-repair/
gkamysz
gkamysz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:38 pm

Thanks to all for the help.
So let's do this together! ... Don't worry, I'm very careful about handling this.
First step; There is no lithium battery ??, so why do some say that it exists and the manual says that there is no battery.
Tell me friend, here I leave some photos, could you tell me where you got your lithium battery ?, because I still can't find anything ...
JR radios technical service. 20200812
JR radios technical service. 20200814
JR radios technical service. 20200813
JR radios technical service. 20200815
JR radios technical service. 20200816
JR radios technical service. 20200817
JR radios technical service. 20200818
JR radios technical service. 20200819
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:53 pm

It seems to show signs of life, but it is all it does. Huh... Huh... Huh...
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

JR radios technical service. Empty ??

Post  happydad Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:21 am

MauricioB wrote:It seems to show signs of life, but it is all it does. Huh...  Huh...  Huh...

It looks like it is searching for software-firmware. Is there a plug-in memory stick?

I did’t read the section about restoring software-firmware.

Google what you see, exactly. Model, symptoms, results.

Hd. RC Plane Old Bugger Old Bugger Old Bugger Old Bugger Old Bugger Old Bugger Old Bugger
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:07 am

It looks like an IC circuit burned out. Send an email to radio south hobbies which gkamysz mentioned. Also send an email to horizon hobby. Horizon hobby don't give servicing to JR radios, but try to send an email.

Service and shipping costs may be high. If so, buying a new radio is better than struggling with a faulty one. Perhaps buying a new JR XG6 or a six channel Futaba, or a Spektrum 6 channel is better to avoid the servicing and shipping cost.
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Levent Suberk Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:31 am

Mauricio, you can also try this service:

https://www.rconline.com.ar/landing-service_10xST
Levent Suberk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:43 am

Here is a read on a JR9303 that was sent off for the same problem >> https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=430417&page=2 How much voltage does the TX battery have ?
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:17 am

happydad wrote:
MauricioB wrote:It seems to show signs of life, but it is all it does. Huh...  Huh...  Huh...

It looks like it is searching for software-firmware. Is there a plug-in memory stick?

Hd. RC Plane Old Bugger Old Bugger Old Bugger Old Bugger Old Bugger Old Bugger Old Bugger

Friend, there I point to the available socket, which seems to be, the entrance to load the software, it is the only socket that is without connection, so I deduce that it is where it connects to the technical service system to make the controls and / or recharge data.
JR radios technical service. Entrad10
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:20 am

getback wrote:Here is a read on a JR9303 that was sent off for the same problem >>  https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=430417&page=2  How much voltage does the TX battery have ?

Thanks Eric for your collaboration, because the pack is 9.6 volts, but when loading it reaches 11.6 volts, at this moment it is acting 11.6 volts.
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:25 am

Levent Suberk wrote:It looks like an IC circuit burned out. Send an email to radio south hobbies which gkamysz mentioned. Also send an email to horizon hobby. Horizon hobby don't give servicing to JR radios, but try to send an email.

Service and shipping costs may be high. If so, buying a new radio is better than struggling with a faulty one. Perhaps buying a new JR XG6 or a six channel Futaba, or a Spektrum 6 channel is better to avoid the servicing and shipping cost.

Thanks dear friend, actually I have my JR9503 working which is even newer, it is the one with which I currently make my flight videos, that radio has no problems.
I was interested in recovering the JR9303 since it is a radio that always worked very well and accompanied me for many years, just for not periodically charging it with batteries to seem to have generated the problem. But I really don't know. It is a pity that it is filed there ...
JR radios technical service. 20200820
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:29 am

Levent Suberk wrote:Mauricio, you can also try this service:

https://www.rconline.com.ar/landing-service_10xST

Thanks again for your time, I just called them on the phone and spoke with one of the owners of this firm, because they are not dedicated to radio control repairs, they were very kind in their attention, but I repeat, they are not dedicated to this type of repairs. Anyway it was worth making the attempt! Very Happy Thumbs Up
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  happydad Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:35 pm

MauricioB wrote:
happydad wrote:

Friend, there I point to the available socket, which seems to be, the entrance to load the software, it is the only socket that is without connection, so I deduce that it is where it connects to the technical service system to make the controls and / or recharge data.
JR radios technical service. Entrad10

So you do not need a memory card to store your data?  I just find it hard to believe it just died of old age. I am a lot older and I still work, and I have been recharged a few times. lol! lol! But no NEW batteries yet. lol! lol! lol! . Keep looking my friend, a small black spot, or a discolored coating over a part may be the culprit.

Best wishes from United States     I will continue researching.

Happydad.      RC Plane          United States      Argentina Old Bugger Old Bugger Old Bugger Old Bugger
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason_WI Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:53 pm

I looks like its trying to boot up but data to the LCD or the LCD itself is bad.

Check the main IC quad flat pack (QFP) in the center of the main PCB for proper solder connections. The areas circled in red look to have questionable solder connections.

JR radios technical service. Qfp11

For proper solder connections on gull wing leads look at Figure 4 in the link.

http://www.circuitrework.com/guides/7-1-3.html

the other possible issue is the LCD itself is bad. I have seen where oxidation on the elastomeric conductive rubber strip needs to be cleaned as well as the glass LCD and PCB with 97% or greater isopropyl alcohol. The metal tabs around the black frame of the LCD need to be turned straight and then remove the frame from the PCB to expose the glass LCD and elastomeric strips. This would be a last ditch repair attempt.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elastomeric_connector

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QZk9WCz-D8
Jason_WI
Jason_WI
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next