Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

JR radios technical service. - Page 2 Cox_ba12

JR radios technical service. - Page 2 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by Cribbs74 Today at 10:52 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by F4D Phantom II Today at 10:24 pm

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by F4D Phantom II Today at 8:05 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Today at 7:26 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Today at 7:04 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by HalfaDave Today at 6:55 pm

» Norvel Needle Needed
by Greenman38633 Today at 5:36 pm

» World's largest weathervane
by Cox International Today at 3:38 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Today at 1:30 pm

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by GallopingGhostler Today at 11:34 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Today at 8:21 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 7:29 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

JR radios technical service. - Page 2 Empty
Live on Patrol

JR radios technical service.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

JR radios technical service. - Page 2 Empty Way to go Jason. I think you hit the nail on the head.

Post  happydad Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:30 pm

Jason_WI wrote:I looks like its trying to boot up but data to the LCD or the LCD itself is bad.

Check the main IC quad flat pack (QFP) in the center of the main PCB for proper solder connections. The areas circled in red look to have questionable solder connections.

JR radios technical service. - Page 2 Qfp11

For proper solder connections on gull wing leads look at Figure 4 in the link.

http://www.circuitrework.com/guides/7-1-3.html

the other possible issue is the LCD itself is bad. I have seen where oxidation on the elastomeric conductive rubber strip needs to be cleaned as well as the glass LCD and PCB with 97% or greater isopropyl alcohol. The metal tabs around the black frame of the LCD need to be turned straight and then remove the frame from the PCB to expose the glass LCD and elastomeric strips. This would be a last ditch repair attempt.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elastomeric_connector

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QZk9WCz-D8

Jason: great points. So MauricioB get out the pcb cleaner, or alcohol and clean any areas like you see in the pictures Jason_WI shows and has a black cruddy look to it. It may be corrosion like Jason said. You may need a 10x magnifying glass or a magnifying microscope like I use due to poor eyesight.
   I think we are getting closer to the problem. Take your time, there are a lot of circuits.

Happydad. RC Plane     United States Argentina   Old Bugger Old Bugger
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

JR radios technical service. - Page 2 Empty Re: JR radios technical service.

Post  MauricioB Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:13 am

Thanks Jason for your time.
Yes I did that screen cleaning many years ago, a data line on the screen was gone and then I took that screen apart and cleaned the elastomer contacts, I put it back together just putting everything in its place and everything went back to normal.
Regarding what you tell me about the connections, then now wipe supervising with a magnifying glass, everything is perfectly free of rust and humidity.
Here I leave a photo, I hope you can see it.
The problem is still active and I think the steps would be to reload the software, if there is also a burned point, I cannot detect it, everything seems to be in order.
Likewise, this started when I didn't recharge the batteries, therefore there was never any excess voltage in the circuit. I think without knowing, that the problem is there, precisely, the software was lost and should be implanted again. If there is a physical problem with the circuit, it is not visible to the naked eye, everything is normal, clean and like new.
I think I can not do anything else, it is something that is out of my possibilities to solve ... Sad
JR radios technical service. - Page 2 20200821
JR radios technical service. - Page 2 20200822
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

JR radios technical service. - Page 2 Empty Do not give up, MB. TRY THIS

Post  happydad Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:13 pm

MauricioB wrote:Thanks Jason for your time.
Yes I did that screen cleaning many years ago, a data line on the screen was gone and then I took that screen apart and cleaned the elastomer contacts, I put it back together just putting everything in its place and everything went back to normal.
Regarding what you tell me about the connections, then now wipe supervising with a magnifying glass, everything is perfectly free of rust and humidity.
Here I leave a photo, I hope you can see it.
The problem is still active and I think the steps would be to reload the software, if there is also a burned point, I cannot detect it, everything seems to be in order.
Likewise, this started when I didn't recharge the batteries, therefore there was never any excess voltage in the circuit. I think without knowing, that the problem is there, precisely, the software was lost and should be implanted again. If there is a physical problem with the circuit, it is not visible to the naked eye, everything is normal, clean and like new.
I think I can not do anything else, it is something that is out of my possibilities to solve ... Sad
JR radios technical service. - Page 2 20200821

MauricioB: do not give up hope. Have you tried to google. “JR xr9303 firmware updates” or whatever the exact model number is? Sometimes you can find a website that has the software-firmware you need and you can download it to your computer, and sometimes they even describe which connections to use on the computer end and on the Radio end. The information may be outdated in connector names, like USB versus PS2 connector, but I’m sure 944_Jim (?), can help in that area. Give it a try and I will also.

see link to Spektrum to update TX:   technically it is not a Spektrum, but try JR website for a similar place to update or download data.. you have to be an owner to login. do you follow?  have to go to doctor.

I googled " JR 9303 firmware update"

https://www.spektrumrc.com/MyAccount/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fMyAccount%2fDefault.aspx

Happydad RC Plane Old Bugger United States Argentina

Last edited by happydad on Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add link to Soektrum)
happydad
happydad
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

JR radios technical service. - Page 2 Empty Re: JR radios technical service.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2