Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Way to much money, but very interesting Cox_ba12

Way to much money, but very interesting Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Today at 8:14 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rdw777 Today at 8:10 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by sosam117 Today at 8:07 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Today at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Today at 3:16 am

» Happy Anzac Day!
by Boats13 Yesterday at 11:03 pm

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Yesterday at 6:20 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Yesterday at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:12 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Way to much money, but very interesting Empty
Live on Patrol

Way to much money, but very interesting

Go down

Way to much money, but very interesting Empty Re: Way to much money, but very interesting

Post  andrew Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:34 am

Shocked

I noticed that shipping was $50.00 to boot. If being old, beat up and unattractive is worth a lot of money, then I must be worth several thousand dollars.
andrew
andrew
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/POWERSUPPLY.HTM

Back to top Go down

Way to much money, but very interesting Empty Re: Way to much money, but very interesting

Post  rsv1cox Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:30 am

You and me Andrew.  Smile

The combination of Dubro hinges and thread on the elevator is interesting (or have the threads been removed?) The clunked on motor, the dual elevator controls (I would like to see the bell crank) the nicely done lead-outs for the control rods, the V tail and no vertical stab.  Looks like the single landing gear was an after thought, combination speed job and stunter maybe as the wing is much to thick for speed.  Off the shelf Fox motor.  

A conundrum but I would love to own it.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  cstatman Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:45 am

after selling a few guillows kits on the eBay? I understand shipping prices. they have gone up.

but the asking price for an old beat up CL?

If it sells? I need to pull every single old beatup CL out of the rafters and get them on eBay too!
cstatman
cstatman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:09 pm

An interesting piece, that's for sure! From what I recall, some older kits I believed used a one wheel landing gear, and the first to come to mind is teh Sig Skyray 35.
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:47 am

NEW222 wrote:An interesting piece, that's for sure! From what I recall, some older kits I believed used a one wheel landing gear, and the first to come to mind is teh Sig Skyray 35.

I agree, probably designed for a single landing gear. But what gets me are the additional holes, swiss cheese comes to mind. I recall no kit like this, but probably was one although scratched out is a possibility. I was hoping someone here would know.

Way to much money, but very interesting Single10

I waiver. I would like to make him an offer. It's in a condition that attracts me. At a flea Market I would think that his shipping charge would buy it.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:37 am

I don't think the seller knows what a "flea Market" is or can relate to the prices found there or at swap meets. Just for giggles, look at the other items offered by this seller. Wow, he only needs to sell one or two items a month to survive. I now know that the dash gauges and speedometer on my old speed boat are worth more that I paid for the boat and trailer!! Or at least can be listed on Ebay for ridiculous sums of money.
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  cstatman Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:43 am

i never thought of looking at sellor's OTHER auctions --- yes, VERY Optimistic.

and quite entertaing

Do you suppose this person sat around thinking "what is the most ridiculous price I could put on this junk, that someone MAY actually pay?"

ALSO? if people ARE buying at those prices? we all need to liquidate our basements, tool sheds, and garages... Smile
cstatman
cstatman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:46 am

cstatman wrote:i never thought of looking at sellor's OTHER auctions --- yes,  VERY Optimistic.

and quite entertaing

Do you suppose this person sat around thinking "what is the most ridiculous price I could put on this junk, that someone MAY actually pay?"

ALSO? if people ARE buying at those prices?  we all need to liquidate our basements, tool sheds, and garages...  Smile

I checked it out too......but several thousand auctions and 100% positive feedback. That said, he will never go broke on shipping.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Marleysky Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:59 am

rsv1cox wrote:
cstatman wrote:i never thought of looking at sellor's OTHER auctions --- yes,  VERY Optimistic.

and quite entertaing.  Smile

I checked it out too......but several thousand auctions and 100% positive feedback.  That said, he will never go broke on shipping.  

The GOOD news is a Lot of his "sold" items were at less than the listing price by the line strike thru of the sold price. Means he is willing to take a "best offer" If the shipping is acceptable.
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:25 am

I wouldn't even give that model that satisfaction of jumping on it. One word, TURD!   Obviously if it sold for that amount  it wasn't purchased by a control line flyer. I can tell you that first hand. One other v tail that comes to mind is a Dale Kirn offering the Stinger. A very neat plane. My club member Bob built one some years ago and we called Dale to talk to him that afternoon. He was very elated that we called him to talk about it.  It flew rather well but the V-tail can do some wonky things to the plane. Typically, the single pushrod has another piggy backed onto it. While it works, somewhere usually at the end of the bellcrank travel, the bellcrank begins to pull the pushrod to the side offering one side more throw vs the other. This may not be favorable at times.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:17 am

I understand completely Ken, you look at it as a flyer while I look at it as something neglected and in need of attention/restoration.

It's what I do maybe in the hope that when they finally roll me into the old folks home or the ER some young ambitious doctor will look at this neglected used up old body and fix me up again. Smile
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:46 am

Bob, I have a lot of respect for what you do, not only in the hobby but even from  the yardwork to auto repair. I sometimes question myself in terms of what I can do. Fixing one up is certainly a feeling of satisfaction. When I was younger, I didn't have the money to buy new kits. I fixed and repaired everyone else's crashed up models. Weird thing was that I had new kits of the same models. I kept them in a closet and about 10 years ago, I sold them all on EBAY which funded a family trip to Disney. It didn't cover the airfare so I drove.
           The problem is for those that want to fly them, they're generally oil soaked. The glue joints are failing or on there way to failing and essentially the laws of diminishing returns are in effect. Many times the bellcrank has no access and the way I've seen flying lines terminated makes me cringe.  To access much of this requires a lot of deconstruction which can ultimately impact it's strength later on.

That Fox .29 would be doing overtime to haul that thing around.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:10 am

You have the right approach Ken, Fly them

I violate the terms of the hobby.  Instead of flying and crashing them and buying another kit ensuring the survival of the industry I reclaim them and put them on a shelf somewhere.  Not entirely as I would like it.  With dwindling skills I can't do flying them justice anymore.

Last edited by rsv1cox on Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  andrew Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:38 am

Bob and Ken --
Both of you guys represent what I consider the essence of this hobby.  Whether it's flying or fixing, it's simply an individual enjoying modeling to its fullest and I always look forward to reading your posts.

Ken, when you mentioned Dale Kirn, it rattled my memory (it takes a pretty good jolt nowadays) about one of his designs that I never built, but always thought looked interesting:  The 290 Special, Model Airplane News, 1967

Way to much money, but very interesting 290_sp10

Last edited by andrew on Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
andrew
andrew
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/POWERSUPPLY.HTM

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:22 pm

I built the Torky that he also designed. I believe it was the model offered after the 290. It was designed for TD's.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:54 pm

Or also, is this possibly also about a possible better half telling him some stuff has to go, and well, as not to get rid of his stuff, price it high? Very Happy
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down