Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Consarned Rackin’ Frackin’ Post Office!!!! Cox_ba12

Consarned Rackin’ Frackin’ Post Office!!!! Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» A choke-tube with velocity-stack configured Bee
by roddie Today at 8:23 am

» WenMac 049 - Glow Plug & Head Gasket replacements?
by Ken Cook Today at 8:06 am

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by rsv1cox Today at 7:32 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by cstatman Yesterday at 6:58 pm

» Hawk had breakfast and then took a bath
by rdw777 Yesterday at 5:38 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» Nostalgia alert, my 1959 Corvette revisited
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 2:25 pm

» Prayers for my Wife Please
by akjgardner Yesterday at 10:28 am

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Fri May 17, 2024 4:30 pm

» "Red Neck" .049 elec. starter
by getback Fri May 17, 2024 7:19 am

» Cox prop rod
by Wiggy Fri May 17, 2024 5:35 am

» Looking For Comet Tri-Pacer
by latole Fri May 17, 2024 3:45 am

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Consarned Rackin’ Frackin’ Post Office!!!! Empty
Live on Patrol

Consarned Rackin’ Frackin’ Post Office!!!!

Go down

Consarned Rackin’ Frackin’ Post Office!!!! Empty Consarned Rackin’ Frackin’ Post Office!!!!

Post  batjac Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:37 pm

I know, the title is redundant.  But this time they’ve outdone themselves.

A couple of months ago I mentioned in a post that I had an engine with a piston/cylinder set so worn out that there was no compression.  Our good friend Balogh took note of this and mailed me a replacement P/C set to get the engine up and running again.  He mailed it from Budapest on 6/1, and I’ve been waiting on it since.  Andras messaged me the Hungarian tracking number, but the USPS website said the Hungarian tracking number was not trackable here.  I talked with my mailman to see if he could suggest what was talking so long, but he did not have a clue.  After a couple of weeks I went to the local Post Office branch, but they said there was nothing they could do.  I’ve been waiting rather impatiently, and today I decided to drive down to the Main Post Office to see if they could tell me anything.

I explained to the clerk behind the counter what was going on and asked if he had any ideas that could help locate the package.  He asked for the tracking number and wrote it down, but I figured that he’d not have any more luck than I since I tried on the official USPS website tracking page, and he’d likely look it up on the same search engine.  He went in the back, and came back out a couple of minutes later  holding the package.  WHAT THE HECK!!!!!  I looked, and the address was correct.  It had a hand written notation of 6/14 on the front.  So it must have been sitting in the Post Office for the last three weeks!  When I pointed out that it’d been awaiting delivery for so long, he tried to blame the sender.  But I asked, if my address was on the front and correct, why wasn’t the envelope delivered to my house?  The clerk just shrugged and said, “I don’t know.”

AAAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!

Anyway, András is Awesome!  Thank you, My Friend!  Now I can do some engine rebuilding and impress the local control line club with another unique Cox airplane at the next flying session.

The Denied Mark
batjac
batjac
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Consarned Rackin’ Frackin’ Post Office!!!! Empty Re: Consarned Rackin’ Frackin’ Post Office!!!!

Post  Ken Cook Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:19 pm

The reality is that you can't even go through a drive through and order a hamburger today without having it screwed up. Mailing something around the world is more or less a engineering marvel. Consider yourself fortunate.
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Consarned Rackin’ Frackin’ Post Office!!!! Empty Re: Consarned Rackin’ Frackin’ Post Office!!!!

Post  sosam117 Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:30 pm

batjac wrote:I know, the title is redundant.  But this time they’ve outdone themselves.

A couple of months ago I mentioned in a post that I had an engine with a piston/cylinder set so worn out that there was no compression.  Our good friend Balogh took note of this and mailed me a replacement P/C set to get the engine up and running again.  He mailed it from Budapest on 6/1, and I’ve been waiting on it since.  Andras messaged me the Hungarian tracking number, but the USPS website said the Hungarian tracking number was not trackable here.  I talked with my mailman to see if he could suggest what was talking so long, but he did not have a clue.  After a couple of weeks I went to the local Post Office branch, but they said there was nothing they could do.  I’ve been waiting rather impatiently, and today I decided to drive down to the Main Post Office to see if they could tell me anything.

I explained to the clerk behind the counter what was going on and asked if he had any ideas that could help locate the package.  He asked for the tracking number and wrote it down, but I figured that he’d not have any more luck than I since I tried on the official USPS website tracking page, and he’d likely look it up on the same search engine.  He went in the back, and came back out a couple of minutes later  holding the package.  WHAT THE HECK!!!!!  I looked, and the address was correct.  It had a hand written notation of 6/14 on the front.  So it must have been sitting in the Post Office for the last three weeks!  When I pointed out that it’d been awaiting delivery for so long, he tried to blame the sender.  But I asked, if my address was on the front and correct, why wasn’t the envelope delivered to my house?  The clerk just shrugged and said, “I don’t know.”

AAAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!

Anyway, András is Awesome!  Thank you, My Friend!  Now I can do some engine rebuilding and impress the local control line club with another unique Cox airplane at the next flying session.

The Denied Mark

This reminds me of a book that I read years ago titled "At Dawn We Slept".
It was about Pearl Harbor and the one point I remember that there was a Telegram that was sent from Washington to SIMPAC head office.
It got shuffled around from where it was received to a clerk's desk.
It was not "marked" IMPORTANT, so it got shuffled in with other telegram messages.

By the time it got to where it was to go, about the Japanese invasion, the Japanese had already bombed Pearl for over an hour.
And the telegram was sent before 11am from Washington (count the time zones!)

Like your package it was delivered in plenty of time but not marked "important" (for you?)

By the way that book was a good read and is close to getting all the facts in the book
sosam117
sosam117
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:13 pm

Given all the crazy things going about us, I think it very fortunate Mark that you received András' @balogh 's package from Hungary, Thumbs Up even though delayed by US postal inefficiency. No! I had a similar situation a year and half ago, Mad shipping a Fox .15X thrust washer to New Zealand to one of our Kiwi friends here. It took 3.5 months to get to him, although the postal website said it should only take 14 days. Doh! Who knows what happened there. Paranoid
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:43 pm

I am really relieved that it finally made it!

Truth be told, Mark sent me a Medallion RC .15 during the early days of COVID whose romantic trek from the West Coast USA where Mark then lived took almost 3 months before I got it in Budapest..our customs must have employed a sloth on downer !!!

So I hereby give up my participation in the World's Smallest Traveling Engine program of CEF, that would surely turn out the World"s Most Slowly Shipped Traveling Engine!

Last edited by balogh on Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo correction)
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  layback209 Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:34 am

Oh wow, glad it made it after some prying.

Jeeze, can't believe it was just sitting there and tou were fortunate enough to go to the right post office. There is 3 canada post locations in my town, and our parcels end up at all of them even though they are to decide the town up. I do have some faith in international shipping. I just recieved some custom twin engine rc car kits from a machinist over in Greece. He did amazing work, took under 3wks to get to Canada. I wonder if it's a EU nuance?

I've also shipped items to the states reciently, I did a part swap with a gent in California. My parcels made it in under 7 days! His took 2 was for the same journey. Thought that was interesting.

layback209
layback209
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down