Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Hungry? Bringing off-topic to the table Cox_ba12

Hungry? Bringing off-topic to the table Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Today at 6:07 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by MauricioB Today at 8:05 am

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by MauricioB Today at 7:39 am

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Today at 2:52 am

» WHO NEEDS TANKS!!!?? Perfect Brand Tanks For Sale
by DanMc Yesterday at 9:07 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by roddie Yesterday at 9:02 pm

» Piston to Cylinder - what's a good fit, what's bad?
by mike in SC Yesterday at 7:42 pm

» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by roddie Yesterday at 5:13 pm

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 2:51 pm

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Yesterday at 2:07 pm

» Prop Rod - resto to a runner
by cstatman Yesterday at 2:03 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by GTO455 Yesterday at 2:01 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Hungry? Bringing off-topic to the table Empty
Live on Patrol

Hungry? Bringing off-topic to the table

Go down

Hungry? Bringing off-topic to the table Empty Hungry? Bringing off-topic to the table

Post  rsv1cox Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:23 pm

Mom was a cook, a great cook.  Everything from scratch.  Heck she was born one hundred and eighteen years ago long before Betty Crocker mixes were even invented.  

One of my best early memories was of Mom cooking...... everything, pies, cakes, roasts......Thanksgivings.  Wow.  But the one that really stands out were her soft molasses cookies.  She would mix them up and roll them out with a rolling pin and cut them round with a cooking cutter giving me the raw left overs.  A no no in todays overly cautious world.

A few years back I got out her recipe and had my oldest daughter mix up a batch the first I had had since my pre-teens.  Not Mom's but close.  Tomorrow we are trying again.  I went to the store and picked up all the ingredients (vinegar is to sour the milk) and tomorrow morning will take them over to my daughters house cook them up and pig out on soft molasses cookies crossing off another item on my bucket list.

Hungry? Bringing off-topic to the table P1013577
Hungry? Bringing off-topic to the table P1013576

Just wondering if you have a special recipe from your youth? Banana nut bread perhaps.  Another favorite.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Hungry? Bringing off-topic to the table Empty Re: Hungry? Bringing off-topic to the table

Post  davidll1984 Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:22 pm

I understand you moms recipes are the best but now it's my wife who makes me super banana bread with chocolate and nut very hard to beat she has a cooking class she's a professional cook I think my son will also remember that I have to be careful when she makes me a big cake, I risk eating it all and having trouble digesting I have a big love for sugar I have to be careful they tell me that I will end up diabetic if I continue Doh! Even as an adult, I can't stop myself from eating sweets, especially the vintage ones that I had in my time, like little fudge cars that look like litle cox tether cars. lol!
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Hungry? Bringing off-topic to the table Empty Re: Hungry? Bringing off-topic to the table

Post  Marleysky Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:26 pm

YUM! Those sure sound good!
Marleysky
Marleysky
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:02 pm

rsv1cox wrote:Mom was a cook, a great cook.  Everything from scratch.  Heck she was born one hundred and eighteen years ago long before Betty Crocker mixes were even invented.  

One of my best early memories was of Mom cooking...... everything, pies, cakes, roasts......Thanksgivings.  Wow.  But the one that really stands out were her soft molasses cookies.  She would mix them up and roll them out with a rolling pin and cut them round with a cooking cutter giving me the raw left overs.  A no no in todays overly cautious world.
Today, your mom would easily qualify for a kitchen manager in a small restaurant. Cool
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down