Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

My New Launch Table Cox_ba12

My New Launch Table Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Today at 9:03 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by rsv1cox Today at 6:26 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Today at 4:16 pm

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by MauricioB Today at 3:43 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 12:27 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by rdw777 Today at 8:14 am

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Today at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Today at 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Yesterday at 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:06 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

My New Launch Table Empty
Live on Patrol

My New Launch Table

Go down

Happy My New Launch Table

Post  Yabby Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:40 am

Below are a number of photos of my new launch table. works really well. Its a modified card table. I live in a very small beach shack community and I work from my shack over hardware encrypted network Links. Hardly any people here and the nearest town is about 4 miles away and is only about 1000 people if that. Though they do have a really great looked after Ozy rules foorty oval where` I can fly. I live here on my own on the advice of my Oncologist as Covid is very very risky for me, although the antivirals have improved so much lately as to be a game changer for me. cheers

so being on my own I need to be able to launch my planes myself. Im not a big fan of planes with wheels for my own flying Lol. Never have been. Im a pure crash and burn sport flyer. Needed a way to launch my planes. The plane shown in the photos is one I designed and built for myself several years ago, and I can knock them out in a nights effort. They are 2.5 and 2.0 mm balsa, quite small, very light, quite fast - they own 42 foot lines sunny which is very good for me as I need all the sky I can find. Ive never had anyone show me or tell me anything about how to fly, so Im still learning and im finally back as good as I was when I was young. The easy manauvers Lol, wingovers, loops, lazy eights, inverted - only get there from the top of a loop at the moment. going to start trying to get there from the top of a wingover. Might need to build some more planes. Lol.

The table is quite light, and its got a little sort of stooge release on it and I run the release line out next to my handle, which is fixed to the ground with a tent peg till I pick it up to fly. I connect my plane to the stooge pin on the top of the table, start the plane on the table and then go out to my handle and try to get a neutral elevator and then release the plane. Takeoffs from the table can be very hairy lol! but luckily the plane is very light and can climb vertically straight from release. I have come awfully close to going inverted from launch several time. Its great fun and works really well, and is very simple to make, use and transport.

My New Launch Table 20220713

My New Launch Table 20220714

My New Launch Table 20220715

Yabby

Yabby
Yabby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Happy Re: My New Launch Table

Post  getback Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:06 am

Cool ! I like it and living by yourself is a joy in my eyes , I have my dog friend to talk to and sometimes even get an answer !?!? lol! At least your out there doing some fling it can bee peaceful and wild at the same time as you said go inverted right off the table .. I had a combat plane was tring to get off the table and it would go out about a foot and do a couple loops into the ground LOL Yes wheels are ok for take off but landing in the grass at my place is a flipover . Good to hear from you and your in a nice state of mine Smile I Love This Forum!
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Yabby Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:20 am

Thanks Eric Thumbs Up yes, I have a lot of fun flying my planes and teaching myself new stuff each time. Or trying anyway lol! I initially tried flying off the table with a surestart and did just as you described. a sort of delayed plumit with various loops and such as it headed for the ground. But found when I use my 049 TDs to power the plane, no problem at all!! the moment that pin comes out the plane is airborne and its a guaranteed exciting launch everyttime lol!

This Site Rocks! Old Bugger cheers

Yabby
Yabby
Yabby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:22 pm

Hardly any people here and the nearest town is about 4 miles away and is only about 1000 people if that.

That's a megatroplous Yabby. I live about eight miles away from the nearest town and according to the last census it had a population of 330 people, 1000 deer, and twelve bears.

I like your table and plane. Colorful. Got a closeup of the plane? Can't figure if that's a canopy or a fuel tank.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Yabby Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:50 am

Lol Bob! lol! where I am living is serious wheat and barley growing on a huge scale and if there are any animals that means they havent cleared enough trees and vegatation! The only animals (wildlife variety) around here are the odd kangaroo and lots of lizards. when I was young there used to be lots of emus around here, but now you gotta go much further north and inland to find them. And of course the local town near me supports far too many commercial fishing companys for the local waters to sustain, but hey, thats progress. and developers are moving into my little hidy hole of about fourty people and new subdivisions going in. Oh well, still heaps better than the city! Old Bugger Thumbs Up

Ive attached a couple of hopefully better photos of my plane. Its no artwork for display thats for sure. lol! but I make em in about a night and when I fly them, they go exactly where I point them, when I point them and very quickly and dont tend to mush in maneuveres. The tank is I reckon a 3/4 0z tank and it seems like my TD 049 empties it in about 3 minutes of flying. lol! Maybe its longer and when Im having fun flying it just seems shorter. The TD with a Kamtechnik head and pressure certainly provides the goods thats for sure. The underneath phot shows the little metal loop at the back made from a paper clip that the stooge release pin goes through, and the plate on the bottom is very good for starting it on the table and also for whn I make unplanned powered landings lol! Flying The paint is only a quite light coat of rust-oleum 2x and is plenty good for the purpose of the plane. You can also see I make ( rough I know) all jy own bellcranks and mouts and stuff, but I dont make hinges!!! cheers I buy them. I used to use cloth when I was younger and now Im all grown up I can afford hinges cheers Clapping dont do tanks either. lol! used to when I was young, but not now. Airplane cheers This Site Rocks!

My New Launch Table 20220716

My New Launch Table 20220717

Yabby
Yabby
Yabby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:02 am

Necessity is the mother of invention Yabby. I love the blended colors and the l-o-n-g vertical stabilator.

You get many points or getting out there and doing it and with your own creations!

Bob
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content