Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

5 Other Engines Purchased During Covid Cox_ba12

5 Other Engines Purchased During Covid Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Artwork for Otto Kuhni
by Mark Boesen Yesterday at 11:53 pm

» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by roddie Yesterday at 8:59 pm

» Baja Bug / Dune Buggy Recoil Starter
by vambrosini Yesterday at 8:57 pm

» Wanted: Pull Starter reapir kit for a Cox Dune Buggy.
by vambrosini Yesterday at 8:55 pm

» cox dune buggy/ baja bug
by vambrosini Yesterday at 8:49 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by 944_Jim Yesterday at 7:46 pm

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 7:37 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 10:29 am

» B-25 Mitchell
by rdw777 Yesterday at 9:49 am

» Cox water wizard
by Wiggy Yesterday at 6:32 am

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Sun May 12, 2024 9:52 pm

» Roddie's water-cooled bench-run vid
by roddie Sun May 12, 2024 8:55 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

5 Other Engines Purchased During Covid Empty
Live on Patrol

5 Other Engines Purchased During Covid

Go down

5 Other Engines Purchased During Covid Empty 5 Other Engines Purchased During Covid

Post  GallopingGhostler Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:28 pm

In addition to Testors McCoy .35 Red Head, I purchased last week arriving today:
5 Other Engines Purchased During Covid 2023-012

Following is a small cache of engines I bought during Covid, labeled as to what they are. They are:

1. NOS Duromatic McCoy .29 without box (never run).
  2. Fox .15X R/C with rotating exhaust baffle for idle back pressure (w/o muffler. Needs cleaning but complete and not abused).
  3. Berhardt HB .12 R/C earlier version with finned head. Owner added a muffler extension that I will remove (not done well).
  4. G-Mark .061 R/C. Is locked up by Castor, needs cleaning.
  5. K&B .35 Torpedo Green Head. Out of this one and the one I cleaned earlier (lower right), will use both to build one good Torpedo. A previous owner cut the piston skirt to create SPI, but did a very poor job. It has a huge gap about a 1/8th, may be 5/32nd, plus skirt cut is uneven (hacksaw? and has a triangular wedge knocked out.
5 Other Engines Purchased During Covid 2023-013

So, have some work to do in the near future.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

5 Other Engines Purchased During Covid Empty Re: 5 Other Engines Purchased During Covid

Post  rdw777 Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:57 am

Nice group of engines George, And will be fun to go thru them to running condition again Thumbs Up …. I remember in some of the magazine articles (early 80’s?) the G-Mark paired up with Cannon electronics for what was then the most diverse 1/2-A R/C…. Quite amazing at that time …
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

5 Other Engines Purchased During Covid Empty Re: 5 Other Engines Purchased During Covid

Post  getback Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:24 am

Nice looking bunch there , have you ran one of the German made Bernhardt engines before ? RC Plane
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:28 am

Back in my McCoy crazy days George I did several. Bought the worst examples that I could find and cleaned them up. I used high heat automotive engine paint to do the heads after media blasting. Duro I think available at most parts stores if you want to go that route.

5 Other Engines Purchased During Covid P1014844
5 Other Engines Purchased During Covid P1014843

The HB .12's muffler extension looks like a modified "tongue" muffler? Nice score on those props too. Begs for an electric starter or heavy gloves when flipping.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rdw777 Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:15 am

Bob, The McCoys and K&B’s are beautiful…. I always thought the colored heads gave them a lot of character….I used to have a Super Tiger .60 with a blue anodized head…. Looked cool and was a good engine….Sold it and the Kaos it was in years ago….
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:23 am

rdw777 wrote:Bob, The McCoys and K&B’s are beautiful…. I always thought the colored heads gave them a lot of character….I used to have a Super Tiger .60 with a blue anodized head…. Looked cool and was a good engine….Sold it and the Kaos it was in years ago….

I thought the previous owners glow plug extension on one of them was a nice touch.  Before.

5 Other Engines Purchased During Covid Mccoy_18

George could really dress his up if he chose to do so.  But, some people like to keep their engines as found.  

5 Other Engines Purchased During Covid George12

I just like the McCoys, they lend themselves to cosmetic restorations.  George's is near prime compared to the messes that I bought.

I remember the Kaos, got a mental picture but I never built one.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:02 pm

Thanks, Robert, Mark, Bob.

Yes, I remember the fantastic performance of the G-Mark .061 R/C. My purchase of a Cannon 4-ch. mini radio system kit spurred further interest, but it's cost versus the cheaper Cox .049 R/C Bee had me opt for the reedie as a college student, (which wasn't a bad engine to begin with). When it came up 2 years ago, I managed to bag it for a very reasonable cost.

Also, I heard that a large G-Mark lot was being imported in a big shipment. However, there was an accident at sea. The container got waterlogged with sea water. By the time the container was offloaded, the contents, the engines were totally ruined by seawater corrosion, which was the death knell to Cannon's future distribution. Engines could not be salvaged.

This is the 1st HB I have ever had. My motivation is the engine can also be mounted radially to a bulkhead, great for an uncowled fuselage like Hobby Shack's The Real Thing. Being a .12, it has a bit more power than a .09 or .10. I have also learned that similar to the Schneurles, the engines like to rev up similar to the Tee Dees. They don't do well with oversized props like the Enya's do.

The muffler extension appears it may be a Dubro product.

The Testor's that just came in, after pulling the backplate off, is fairly clean although shows signs of running. A couple shots of 40 weight motor oil shows it has gobs of compression. The exterior just needs light cleanup. The red paint is a little chipped but not bad. Cleaning will allow the red stand out. It can be put to use immediately. I'll need to reverse the spray bar and pull a needle off one of my parts engines.
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down