Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Plans to revive the Cox .049 Tee Dee? - Page 4 Cox_ba12

Plans to revive the Cox .049 Tee Dee? - Page 4 Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Roddie's water-cooling bottle for bench-running
by roddie Today at 2:24 pm

» Cox water wizard
by Wiggy Today at 2:23 pm

» Artwork for Otto Kuhni
by Pinkbeachbomb Today at 2:23 pm

» B-25 Mitchell
by Ken Cook Today at 11:14 am

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 10:54 am

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by getback Today at 7:00 am

» Norvel Needle Needed
by Ken Cook Today at 6:52 am

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by roddie Today at 1:48 am

» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by MauricioB Yesterday at 7:39 am

» WHO NEEDS TANKS!!!?? Perfect Brand Tanks For Sale
by DanMc Fri May 10, 2024 9:07 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by roddie Fri May 10, 2024 9:02 pm

» Piston to Cylinder - what's a good fit, what's bad?
by mike in SC Fri May 10, 2024 7:42 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
May-2024
1/2A Nut's

"Cox Tee Dee .051 RC Marine"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Plans to revive the Cox .049 Tee Dee? - Page 4 Empty
Live on Patrol

Plans to revive the Cox .049 Tee Dee?

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Plans to revive the Cox .049 Tee Dee? - Page 4 Empty Re: Plans to revive the Cox .049 Tee Dee?

Post  davidll1984 Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:49 am

I like to know that tee dee parts would be planned in production I have ideas of parts that could also be manufactured with the restrictions on noise and the fact that more and more it is made difficult to be able to fly planes to have parts for cars exemple  manifold cooling head muffler clutch pull starter Would be cool and if anyone wants silencers I'm volunteering to make one for those who want to test one I believe that if a model 1\18 car would be produced for this engine, it would surely sell. I have several ideas for a model but not the means to start production. But I am testing on several different platforms that could use these upgrade parts I really believe that a small fast rc bugy motorized with a COX engine will be a must for collectors I would so love to see new models being built for these To be able to build pull starters like the good old ones would be ideal for car production Plans to revive the Cox .049 Tee Dee? - Page 4 Img_2417
Plans to revive the Cox .049 Tee Dee? - Page 4 Img_2416
Plans to revive the Cox .049 Tee Dee? - Page 4 Img_2415
Already knowing other pieces of tee dee will be produced gives me hope... Should have someone like an influential youtuber who uses a cox engine in a viral video it would help increase sales but many want to convert them modify them but the necessary parts are impossible to obtain And planes are less accessible than ever taking the car turn I think would be a very good way to revive a legendary brand the young people in this hobby for the most never heard of this name Maybe staying safe with what's already selling is the safest thing to do, but hey, if no one ever tries to find out, we'll never find out. i would like to see kyosho bring out the f1 re release Somting like this 4x4 truck this wil sale
davidll1984
davidll1984
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Plans to revive the Cox .049 Tee Dee? - Page 4 Empty Re: Plans to revive the Cox .049 Tee Dee?

Post  Cox International Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:00 am

David,

We are but a small 2-person company and, unfortunately, don't have the financial resources to manufacture anything outside of pre-existing basics for some Cox engines. Even then, we often have to delay production of new stock until we have generated enough net income to pay for such.
Cox International
Cox International
Top Poster
Top Poster

Official Cox Dealer

http://www.coxengines.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cstatman Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:48 am

small?

more like? MIGHTY and AMAZING 2-person company, that keeps many many hobby enthusiasts filled with joy and happiness.

don't ever forget that! Smile

and we? will try to do our best to keep sending you $$ and buying parts.
cstatman
cstatman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  layback209 Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:26 pm

cstatman wrote:small?

more like?   MIGHTY and AMAZING 2-person company, that keeps many many hobby enthusiasts filled with joy and happiness.

don't ever forget that!  Smile

and we?  will try to do our best to keep sending you $$ and buying parts.

Absolutely Thumbs Up

I always have about $150 in my digital cart at all times it seems lol!

After receiving Rusty's engines I became aware of the new precision made wrenches. I need them all now haha.
layback209
layback209
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  taksh Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:32 pm

Cox International wrote:We are currently exploring the possibility of resurrecting the Cox .049 Tee Engine.

As we have all the drawings (I think), it would be exactly the same engine as Cox previously made.

Can we please get some opinions as to what retail price would entice you to buy one? (Engine only; no box, wrenches or printed instructions)

I can pay $80 if the quality, and performance will be the same as the original one or even better if possible.

taksh
taksh

Back to top Go down

Post  GallopingGhostler Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:19 pm

I thought the proposed price of $89.00 for a new, unrun engine was more than a fair price. For one, Bernie promised it to be the genuine article. Now mind you, it would not have the tapered cylinder, which was discontinued a short time after Leroy Cox sold his company. (Wikipedia shows non-tapered 1976 and after.) We know how those perform.
I've been watching E-Bay, eBay and seen a few used Tee Dee .049's Small Cox Logo slipped by for a little less, but again these were used. One is not fully certain on used condition until it is actually in one's hands. These engines proposed by Bernie are new, with all new parts, some NOS stock, but nonetheless new and unrun, which means they will have a lot of useful life left in them.

Stereo
GallopingGhostler
GallopingGhostler
Top Poster
Top Poster

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4