Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Winter solstise - shortest daylight of the year..... Cox_ba12

Winter solstise - shortest daylight of the year..... Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Tired of it all…
by getback Today at 2:32 pm

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by OVERLORD Today at 2:20 pm

» PT-19 Mayhem at Buder Park...a Decade Ago!!!!
by Kim Today at 7:41 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:46 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Today at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 4:16 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 12:27 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Winter solstise - shortest daylight of the year..... Empty
Live on Patrol

Winter solstise - shortest daylight of the year.....

Go down

Winter solstise - shortest daylight of the year..... Empty Winter solstise - shortest daylight of the year.....

Post  rsv1cox Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:39 pm

in the Northern Hemisphere. Longest day for Mauricio, Rod, and Nico.

I look forward to it every year, and again.......it's arrived. Sun dithers around for about a week before starting it's journey back. Can't happen soon enough. Dark when I get up dark when I retire. And cold..............however Christmas day here in West Virginia looks pretty good and there is no snow on the ground. I hope where-ever you are the weather is cooperating over the holiday season.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Winter solstise - shortest daylight of the year..... Empty Re: Winter solstise - shortest daylight of the year.....

Post  andrew Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:52 pm

My favorite day!!

Calling for a high of 65° on Christmas Eve -- can you believe it?
andrew
andrew
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.batts/ps/POWERSUPPLY.HTM

Back to top Go down

Winter solstise - shortest daylight of the year..... Empty Re: Winter solstise - shortest daylight of the year.....

Post  Oldenginerod Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:26 pm

rsv1cox wrote:in the Northern Hemisphere.  Longest day for Mauricio, Rod, and Nico.

I look forward to it every year, and again.......it's arrived.  Sun dithers around for about a week before starting it's journey back.  Can't happen soon enough.  Dark when I get up dark when I retire.  And cold..............however Christmas day here in West Virginia looks pretty good and there is no snow on the ground.  I hope where-ever you are the weather is cooperating over the holiday season.

...and don't forget Yabby, Davenz & ffkiwi.  I hadn't even thought about it, but there you are Bob.  Longest day for us today.  The grass is really enjoying the sunshine.  2-3 mows per week.  Grass still thinks it's Springtime.  Our hottest month is February.  I don't enjoy it at all.  Usually too much concern about bushfires.  Escaped the heat last summer by going to Queenstown, NZ.  Summer temperatures were pretty much perfect for my liking, (oh, apart from the summertime snowfall we had.   Laughing )
Oldenginerod
Oldenginerod
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MauricioB Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:45 pm

Friend Bob!..thank you for always keeping me in mind!...
That's right, the days get longer here, getting hotter as the days go by.
I am happy to be able to enjoy more flight hours every time I visit the club....uffff it is beautiful to see the sunset from the club. I would like everyone to be there and be able to fully enjoy the sky.
I'm enjoying flying the Extra 260 with a 33 cc engine, but I'm also taking a model with a Cox engine to the club to enjoy!...
Of course, don't forget the mosquito repellent!!!...they attack you from all sides haha.
A photo with my Extra 260!
Winter solstise - shortest daylight of the year..... 2c48d210
United States Argentina
Winter solstise - shortest daylight of the year..... A13
MauricioB
MauricioB
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:28 am

Happy Solstice everybody! Be it Winter or Summer Smile

Actually I am already way past the Solstice, supposedly it happened 5.27AM today, and it’s already 8.20. Missed it again, dang. But now it’s towards the Summer, full speed ahead  lol!

Sun hasn’t risen yet, supposed to do so at 9.47AM, sunset at 3.04, so the ”day” is about 5 hours and 17 minutes ”long”. But hey, we’ll get about 6 more minutes in a week Very Happy

No wonder us Finns get a little nuts in the summer sunny Beers

Although I don’t mind the darkness and cold at all, as long as there’s a little bit of snow on the ground to help with the darkness, and fire in the fireplace Smile
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:44 am

Yep, we're over the hump!

51°F with rain on Christmas Eve and 41°F with rain forecasted for Christmas Day. We've had a few dustings of snow this season but not much, and none of it has stuck around for more than a few days. All probably because I fixed my normal snowblower (I've been using my plastic single stage 2-cycle Toro the past few years).

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

Post  706jim Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:12 am

I just might take my riding lawn mower out for a spin tomorrow. Just to say that I did. Strange weather to be sure.
706jim
706jim
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Yabby Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:06 am

the summer solstice here is not my favourite as it means the amount of daylight each day is now reducing. Sad Goodbye although the best flying weather I find to be autumn and winter early mornings. same for the fishing. cheers
Yabby
Yabby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:49 am

Yea over the Hump here too short days are a pain tring to get all you can done then in bed right after dark 5:15 or so weather has been pretty good for getting fire wood LOL 57F today 30s at night warmer coming for a bit . Santa Lighting The Tree Bad Xmas Gift
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:15 pm

getback wrote:Yea over the Hump here too short days are a pain tring to get all you can done then in bed right after dark 5:15 or so weather has been pretty good for getting fire wood LOL 57F today 30s at night warmer coming for a bit .  Santa  Lighting The Tree  Bad Xmas Gift

If you need firewood?  Crank up the old pickup and head for WV!  Otherwise this goes up in smoke the next raining three day weather system.

Winter solstise - shortest daylight of the year..... P1016876

PS.  We gained 14 seconds of daylight today............hey, it's a start.  Smile

Rod wrote:

.and don't forget Yabby, Davenz & ffkiwi.  Yeah, I missed them.  I hope that you all are enjoying that nice warm weather,,,,,,,,,,,,down there.  Smile

,,,,,,,,,,,,,, rain drops not snow flakes.
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Surfer_kris Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:05 pm

Below was around lunchtime here today, this is as high as the sun will get here at the moment, but it is now going in the right direction with longer days. Santa

Merry Christmas! Christmas Tree

Winter solstise - shortest daylight of the year..... Img-2010
Surfer_kris
Surfer_kris
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  rsv1cox Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:02 pm

Surfer_kris wrote:Below was around lunchtime here today, this is as high as the sun will get here at the moment, but it is now going in the right direction with longer days.  Santa

Merry Christmas! Christmas Tree

Winter solstise - shortest daylight of the year..... Img-2010

Thanks for the picture Kris.

It reminds me of Onway Lake in Raymond NH where we had a summer cottage.  I used to go there in Winter and hike across the frozen lake, about two miles across and three miles long.  The ice would crack sending shivers.  Ice probably about a foot or more thick.

My friend and neighbor over this afternoon with his skid steer helping me clear the land.

Winter solstise - shortest daylight of the year..... P1016879
Winter solstise - shortest daylight of the year..... P1016881
Winter solstise - shortest daylight of the year..... P1016880
rsv1cox
rsv1cox
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  cstatman Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:20 pm

i also spent the day on silly projects.

didn;t MEAN for it to be "timer restoration day" , yet? here we are.

yeah, all castor free, timing and functioning correctly

Winter solstise - shortest daylight of the year..... Img_0312
cstatman
cstatman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down