Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

The Q-Tee Gets Ready for Another Set of Flights Cox_ba12

The Q-Tee Gets Ready for Another Set of Flights Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by 1/2A Nut Today at 10:51 pm

» Tired of it all…
by 706jim Today at 10:03 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by 944_Jim Today at 8:58 pm

» PT-19 Mayhem at Buder Park...a Decade Ago!!!!
by Kim Today at 7:41 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:46 am

» Three -- sold out (making two more) Cox .010 Carburetors with wrench
by balogh Today at 12:34 am

» Joe Wagners Sioux
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» Happy Anzac Day!
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 4:16 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Yesterday at 7:31 am

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Ken Cook Yesterday at 3:16 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:20 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:25 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

The Q-Tee Gets Ready for Another Set of Flights Empty
Live on Patrol

The Q-Tee Gets Ready for Another Set of Flights

Go down

The Q-Tee Gets Ready for Another Set of Flights Empty The Q-Tee Gets Ready for Another Set of Flights

Post  Kim Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:07 pm

I finally got in the mood to mess with some caster slingers that will be dragging my late Cousin Bill's old Q-Tee for another showcase of it's engines.

I have about six for its next flying day, and intend to test run all of them first to try and make for an easier day when it comes.

Today, the "Pink Panther" got its break-in run, and is pretty healthy, cranking its 6x3 prop at about 15K.  It's a cast-case engine, sold by Bernie several years ago.  I intended (and still do) to use it in a fund raiser for breast cancer awareness...maybe stick a big tank behind it, and fly it for an hour or such.

It's got a "strangle throttle" on its choke tube, but doesn't respond very well...gonna mess with it some more.

The Q-Tee Gets Ready for Another Set of Flights 125_12
The Q-Tee Gets Ready for Another Set of Flights 135_11

The second is a very tired Allyn "Sky Fury" .049.  Missing a proper needle valve, I had to pirate one from an Atwood Wasp, which only worked when it was screwed all the way in to its stop.  I'll probably swap out it's 6x3 for a 5x3 gray.

The Q-Tee Gets Ready for Another Set of Flights 100_60
The Q-Tee Gets Ready for Another Set of Flights Img_0510

The rest are a somewhat eclectic mix, including some diesels that ought to really stink up my shop with their test runs!

The Q-Tee Gets Ready for Another Set of Flights Img_0511

Here is its last video from a couple years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIZ-LRdi4m4&list=PLOdLgLu1kfo-Xxkav0tB88PzqN0F6LpS9&index=5&t=401s

More to follow.

Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

The Q-Tee Gets Ready for Another Set of Flights Empty Re: The Q-Tee Gets Ready for Another Set of Flights

Post  rdw777 Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:12 pm

Looking forward to seeing some more vintage engines doing their thing from a birds eye view!….. Very unique and interesting Very Happy
rdw777
rdw777
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

The Q-Tee Gets Ready for Another Set of Flights Empty Re: The Q-Tee Gets Ready for Another Set of Flights

Post  Yabby Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:09 am

hey Kim, i found the strangle throttle on the choke tube works really well when you use one of the heads that cox international sells that take a normal glow engine plug in them. I use that combo in my 049 prop powered rc cars. soon as i put a standard cox glow plug on, the throttle response is limited. put the adapter type head and normal screw in glow plug and great response. not sure why. but it definately works.
Yabby
Yabby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:13 am

Yabby did you also try a Hi comp. head before the Insert ? Nice video Kim enjoy watching the different engines run ! Very Happy
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Yabby Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:27 pm

hi Eric, yes I tried a TD head with 3 gaskets and it was worse. seems the lowering the compression and the peakiness of the engine improves the performance with a choke tube throttle.
Yabby
Yabby
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:35 pm

Thanks guys!

I've been flying a choke throttle on Little Traveler for a bunch of years with great success. I think this one needs to be sealed up somehow, as it has little effect on the engine's RPM's.

I also got the .049 diesel conversion going, and it will be followed by test runs of a couple P.A.W. diesels. The Q-Tee is really gonna smell funny!

https://youtu.be/AV7uvrsPal0
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Cook Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:55 pm

Kim, I love the diesel. Absolutely cool. My son is a huge diesel fan and just watching him play around with them spiked my interest as well. I love them all. Ken
Ken Cook
Ken Cook
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  ncpiperpilot Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:55 am

Ironic! I have a Q-tee that I picked up on RCG a couple years ago that has been my test bed for 2.4GHz radio conversions. I currently have a 4 ch Kraft Gold Medal Series in it and a Cox 049 with a 5cc stunt tank and muffler. My next plan, seriously, was to use it as a test bed for all the old engines I want to run/fly. I have a Holland Hornet, Wasp, Wen-Mac mkII, K&B Aurora, Testors, Cox QRC, Cox Diesel conversion and a McCoy 049 Diesel I plan to fly on it. Been working on getting the engines ready.
ncpiperpilot
ncpiperpilot
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:09 pm

AWRIGHT!!!!

"KINDRED Q-Tee Spirits"!!!

Good Luck with your Project!!!!
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down