Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

Mulberry, Florida Control Line Circle Cox_ba12

Mulberry, Florida Control Line Circle Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» **VOTE-ON-THE-NEXT-COX-ENGINE-OF-THE-MONTH** (May 2024)
by 1/2A Nut Yesterday at 10:23 pm

» A prototype Cox Reed-valve marine engine
by F4D Phantom II Yesterday at 7:00 pm

» World's largest weathervane
by Cox International Yesterday at 5:51 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 5:27 pm

» Here we go again... another Lawn-Boy
by rsv1cox Yesterday at 6:50 am

» Norvel Needle Needed
by Greenman38633 Yesterday at 4:02 am

» My Cox .049 Marine inboard engine
by 1/2A Nut Wed May 08, 2024 11:41 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rsv1cox Wed May 08, 2024 7:26 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Wed May 08, 2024 7:04 pm

» music vids.. some of your favorites
by HalfaDave Wed May 08, 2024 6:55 pm

» Help Pee Wee tank cap .020
by rdw777 Wed May 08, 2024 1:30 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by getback Wed May 08, 2024 8:21 am

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

Mulberry, Florida Control Line Circle Empty
Live on Patrol

Mulberry, Florida Control Line Circle

Go down

Mulberry, Florida Control Line Circle Empty Mulberry, Florida Control Line Circle

Post  larrys4227 Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:35 pm

Thought I would post the progress as of this weekend on the C/L circle.  Yours truly does 95% of the work on this circle and its been alot of work to get this far. There is one other gentleman that flys with me once every 4-5 weeks .... otherwise, I do all this just for myself and a place close by to fly.  The small white fence went up a couple weeks ago .... believe it or not, there are members at our club that would drive right through the circle to get downed airplanes.  A couple months ago ...someone tried it while I was flying. Incredibly stupid ....

Anyway ...  I was told today that there are a few more black mats available from the horse farm.  The mats come out of the stalls and are very heavy and durable. The way it is now ... they make for a great takeoff runway.  Once I'm airborne, I back up 4-5 steps to the center ... which then puts my landings just in front of the mats.  You can also see some fresh fill dirt I put in to level out that area

Mulberry is open to any snow birds or anyone else that wants to fly ... AMA required.

If there was more than just me ... we could discuss a C/L name for ourselves.  Within the club, it's known as "Larry's Circle" ... LOL

Mulberry, Florida Control Line Circle Large

larrys4227
larrys4227
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Mulberry, Florida Control Line Circle Empty Re: Mulberry, Florida Control Line Circle

Post  RknRusty Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:05 pm

Good work, Larry. That's a lot for one guy to take on. It looks like a great CL field with no nearby trees to swirl up the breezes. The fence is a great safety measure since it's easier than I care to admit to step too close to the path of a plane. When I first joined MCLS in Huntersville it didn't take me long to realize some guys fly with lines longer than the distance from center to the white paint line. No I didn't get clobbered... not quite.

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Mulberry, Florida Control Line Circle Empty Re: Mulberry, Florida Control Line Circle

Post  Kim Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:11 am

EXTREME COOLNESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like Rusty said...a lot for a guy to do, but man!!!! I can't BELIVE more guys there haven't been inspired to try out Control Line Flying!

Good Job Dude !!!

Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:07 am

Larry That's one NICE looking fly circle !! I cant believe someone who fly's even RC would try and go through the field were your flying In a Car /truck That is so stupid , Maybe they see you out there doing your thing and what you have done some people that just like flying no matter what style will want to join in . Good Fun Man . Eric Very Happy
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  larrys4227 Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:20 am

Thanks for the comments fellas!! About 1/2 of the RC fliers are into BIG gas powered airplanes. They have no interest in flying off of lines. The others express a mild interest .... most worry about getting dizzy. I try to explain about that, but .... well .... Smile

We do talk alot about how 'they' use to flying control line .... some of them even say that the last time they saw control line is at the AMA museum. LOL! They are amazed though on how popular it still is ... even outside this country.

I'll hook a couple eventually ... and then I'll have a whole crew ... Razz

larrys4227
larrys4227
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  larrys4227 Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:24 am

... I'll also add that the current core of club officers has been great. They welcomed me back with open arms after a 4-5 year hiatus.

They pretty much let me do whatever I want ... as you can see. I'm off in my own little corner .... 40 yards into the RC no-fly-zone .... and I don't bother anyone.

I do cause a traffic jam sometimes ..... the circle is right next to a major roadway and people will pull over to watch me. When I'm flying, you can't miss it ... LOL

You can see the entrance gate and roadway in the last picture.
larrys4227
larrys4227
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:54 am

Nice circle Larry, you are doing a good thing!

Keep flying often and you may notice some interest from others.
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Mulberry, Florida Control Line Circle Empty Where?

Post  VUgearhead Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:45 am

Larry,

Where exactly is your field? Is it right off SR60 near an old landfill? I seem to remember driving by on my way west and saw some RC'ing out there.

Dan
VUgearhead
VUgearhead
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:25 am

Ooh! Ooh!  I KNOW!

Mulberry, Florida Control Line Circle Mulber10

Mulberry, Florida Control Line Circle M_210

Meddling-In-Other-People's-Business Kim
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Mulberry, Florida Control Line Circle Empty Kim

Post  VUgearhead Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:39 am

The Google Earth Know-it-all. lol!

That looks like the place.
VUgearhead
VUgearhead
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  larrys4227 Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:56 am

lol! lol!

You guys is funny..... Cool

Yes, that is the place! .... Imperial RC Club
larrys4227
larrys4227
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  getback Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:04 am

Boy you need AMA with all that carp to fly into around ,,I have never seen a fly field with that many buildings around // The out in the country Eric RC Plane
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:13 am

That's great work Larry! Reminds me of that movie, you know, "if you build it, they will come". Keep at it and before long you don't have to be alone in that circle Smile
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:48 pm

KariFS wrote:That's great work Larry! Reminds me of that movie, you know, "if you build it, they will come". Keep at it and before long you don't have to be alone in that circle Smile

Yep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And along those same lines...

After having frozen myself good and proper with my impromptu van-camping run to the Air Force Museum in Dayton in the dead of winter last year, I'm seriously looking at a run south this time.

Got two brothers who work for Disney (one in the actual park and the other in the winter training baseball fields owned by Disney), who could stand to be checked on by their older brother.

So...maybe the old Ringmaster and Shark .15 could be safely tucked into the assault van's cargo box, and for some turns on Larry's Little Circle !!! I'm sure some local blood participants would be a bigger help, but if we start having a hoot out there, and word gets out that a guy will drive a thousand miles to do it...well...it can't hurt in that way !

Or...it could be seen as Larry keeping some strange company!

Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  larrys4227 Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:53 pm

\"kim wrote:

So...maybe the old Ringmaster and Shark .15 could be safely tucked into the assault van's cargo box, and for some turns on Larry's Little Circle !!!  I'm sure some local blood participants would be a bigger help, but if we start having a hoot out there, and word gets out that a guy will drive a thousand miles to do it...well...it can't hurt in that way !

Or...it could be seen as Larry keeping some strange company!

Come on down!!!! Would be awesome to have a CEF crowd!!!!!

[/quote]
larrys4227
larrys4227
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  larrys4227 Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:58 pm

getback wrote:Boy you need AMA with all that carp to fly into around ,,I have never seen a fly field with that many buildings around // The out in the country Eric RC Plane  

Its really not as close as it seems. They fly big and fast airplanes here and they've never come close .... if they did, then that pilot would be sent back to an official club trainer.

Club has been in this spot since the mid 1960's ... back then tho ... nothing but phosphate mines for miles around
larrys4227
larrys4227
Gold Member
Gold Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down