Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

What's going on out there?  Cox_ba12

What's going on out there?  Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by getback Today at 6:17 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Yesterday at 4:36 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

» [solved]most Efficent Glowhead Clip for Norvel Engine
by batjac Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:33 pm

» TD/Medallion .049 fuel draw issues
by Ken Cook Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:18 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

What's going on out there?  Empty
Live on Patrol

What's going on out there?

Go down

What's going on out there?  Empty What's going on out there?

Post  Admin Thu May 05, 2016 1:28 am

Been slow on the forum lately. Getting nice outside, I suppose everyone's out running engines and flying. Been slow on a few other forums I pop into too.

I Love This Forum!

Admin
Admin
Administrator

http://sites.google.com/site/coxenginecollection/

Back to top Go down

What's going on out there?  Empty Re: What's going on out there?

Post  Kim Thu May 05, 2016 5:53 am

Been flying my old Kadet out of the front yard in some pretty decent winds, and getting a little better at tucking it in between the wires and barn and trees...forgot how wonderful a throttle is !

What's going on out there?  20_12

Our airshow is next Wednesday, and after that's over, I'll have a wide-open schedule, and will be prepping up for the S.M.A.L.L. Fly-In the first part of June.

Got a new video camera on the way, so I'll be free from the easily-shaken little Sony Cam-Corder I've been using. The new camera has an eye-piece view finder that ought to make tracking little airplanes a LOT more easy than squinting at an LCD screen.
Kim
Kim
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  NEW222 Thu May 05, 2016 5:53 am

I'm glad that I was not the only one thinking that. I know I am one who is playing with `toys` outside lately. RC Plane
NEW222
NEW222
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  RknRusty Thu May 05, 2016 10:51 am

Admin wrote:Been slow on the forum lately. Getting nice outside, I suppose everyone's out running engines and flying. Been slow on a few other forums I pop into too.

I Love This Forum!
It sure is. I recently submitted a post, and like a kid I kept looking to see how many people loved it Lol. Crickets... but the views slowly climbed and I knew they were looking. A couple of days later it hadn't even fallen out the bottom of the "Latest Topics" stack, so it was obvious everyone is out having fun and catching Spring fever. That's a good thing. I know I've got it. Unfortunately for those who's jobs are mostly done outdoors, Spring brings a rush of hard work in lieu of fun. So I try to have enough  fun for me as well as those unfortunate souls.
Rusty

My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
RknRusty
RknRusty
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

Back to top Go down

Post  pkrankow Thu May 05, 2016 11:12 am

A few months ago I started on a Vickers VIM.  The VIM was a trainer sold to China post WWI bearing great similarity to the F.E.2a due to a large number of surplus parts being used.  It also shared layout and engine with the twin engine Vickers Vimy.

After perusing Outerzone and other modeling sites I have noted that the FE pusher arrangement is NOT modeled as an RC model.  The empannage linkages are difficult to route and I have failed to wrap my brains around them at the scale I am building at.  If I was building at a much larger scale I think I could do it, but I refuse to go bigger on a self-designed plane right now.  

I am left with a pair of wings, 24 inch span with ailerons, sheet construction, polyhedral, already constructed ready for paint and hinging...  and I have run out of ideas.

So I am looking for ideas on what to do with these wings.  Putting them up for a while is an option.  They came out pretty nice so I don't want to trash them.

Phil

What's going on out there?  20160510
pkrankow
pkrankow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 05, 2016 12:06 pm

There is a trend in the spring and fall where sessions and page views drop. It must be the weather, the first nice days and the last nice days of the year.

It'll pick up.
Attachments
What's going on out there?  Attachment
Analytics CEF Audience Overview 20120101-20160430.pdf You don't have permission to download attachments.(105 Kb) Downloaded 15 times

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Thu May 05, 2016 12:45 pm

I managed to get out to fly last weekend. Didn't post about it though, Like Rusty, I get a lot of crickets these days.

It's not as fun to write a post if no one looks or comments on it.

Anyway, yes spring had sprung. All 3 goats gave birth so I have a bunch of "kids" to deal with. Chickens are laying like crazy and as of yesterday we have a few baby chicks to contend with.

Riding mower is broken, so working on that and of course the new bug is taking up some time. Received a 1970 Honda US90 this winter so have been tinkering with that as well.

Lastly, work which always has me on the road. Headed out tomorrow to Little Rock as a matter of fact!

Ron
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Thu May 05, 2016 1:23 pm

Been flying gliders, taking to long to build a new slope glider, and trying to decide which free flight model to build next. And made the CL circle bigger at our RC club, should be ready for up to 65 foot lines this summer. Cinco de Mayo
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  pkrankow Thu May 05, 2016 1:47 pm

Boss is being funny giving an attachment out that nobody can look at...
pkrankow
pkrankow
Top Poster
Top Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 05, 2016 2:29 pm

pkrankow wrote:Boss is being funny giving an attachment out that nobody can look at...

Oops, fixed.

Admin
Admin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Thu May 05, 2016 3:49 pm

Interesting statistic there. Not sure if I am solely responsible of the 3,900-plus "sessions" from "fi-fi", but if I am, well... Holy moly!

I too have noticed that many of the forums I frequent have been sort of quiet. The weather has sucked worse than usual for the past few months but now it has been really nice for almost a week. I have tried to do other things besides hanging around the 'net, with moderate success.

I finally got a new battery for my Honda, and got'er running after the long-overdue service. Took a two-hour ride around the back roads today, ran like a champ, although we almost lost one of the "350" emblems, it was hanging from one pin after the other had broken off... But here she is:

What's going on out there?  Image17
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Thu May 05, 2016 10:54 pm

Just got myself this MSX125 that takes much of my free time but promised my planes to take them to the field this weekend.

What's going on out there?  Img_2010

I keep reading CEF but do not post topics as I also noted I write them only to myself.
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Thu May 05, 2016 11:17 pm

KariFS wrote:Interesting statistic there. Not sure if I am solely responsible of the 3,900-plus "sessions" from "fi-fi", but if I am, well... Holy moly!

I too have noticed that many of the forums I frequent have been sort of quiet. The weather has sucked worse than usual for the past few months but now it has been really nice for almost a week. I have tried to do other things besides hanging around the 'net, with moderate success.

I finally got a new battery for my Honda, and got'er running after the long-overdue service. Took a two-hour ride around the back roads today, ran like a champ, although we almost lost one of the "350" emblems, it was hanging from one pin after the other had broken off... But here she is:

What's going on out there?  Image17

Nice little CB!
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  Cribbs74 Thu May 05, 2016 11:23 pm

balogh wrote:Just got myself this MSX125 that takes much of my free time but promised my planes to take them to the field this weekend.

What's going on out there?  Img_2010

I keep reading CEF but do not post topics as I also noted I write them only to myself.

Never seen one of those here, is that a European only model?
Cribbs74
Cribbs74

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

2024 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Fri May 06, 2016 1:20 am

Nope it is made in Thailand and sells well in the US too under the name "grom"
Look for Honda MSX 125 on YouTube  there are many reports by US owners. A very funny and well built Lil thing...What's going on out there?  Img_2011
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Fri May 06, 2016 8:31 am

I was on a waiting list for 2 year to get a Grom from our local dealer... finally gave up, for some reason the dealer is only allocated 5 bikes per shipment and they all sell well above MSRP here

Our weather turned very good so I have been super busy with managing the year work for the 2.5 acre micro ranch. Catching up on long overdue household repair/upgrade chores, and the annual spring cleaning.

I will post in other threads about the ongoing Ringmaster trimming flights, final build and testing for the RST RM and a few new engines needing break in. Ron Cribbs helped me get a new Lew Woolard Fox .35 and I traded a used OS FX25 to Dane Martin for a new LA 25 that will be run in and on to the nose of the RST RM

I do log in every day but admit after reading the few new threads I don't comment as much as I should

I am also getting ready for the S.M.A.L.L. trip early June

fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Fri May 06, 2016 10:43 am

balogh wrote:Just got myself this MSX125 that takes much of my free time but promised my planes to take them to the field this weekend.

That's a fun looking bike. Have you had motorcycles before this?

Lack of responses to posts does not mean they are not read or liked. I personally like your posts, so keep them coming Smile I am a novice so I rarely can offer any insight to any technical stuff so I resist the urge to just say "something". My first and only build thread did not get a lot of comments but there were a lot of views, so I don't think writing and posting photos was a waste of time.

KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  balogh Fri May 06, 2016 10:52 am

Thanks Kari

I had 50cc scooters some 35 years ago and that was my last ride on a bike except bicycles that I ride each summer around lake Balaton in Hungary I. E 204km in 1 day taking13 hours beer and pee stops included..

Thanks also for the encouragement on my posts. I also like yours. There seems to be a telepathy working in CEF members as many of us just felt the hiatus if intense postings on CEF these days.
balogh
balogh
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  duke.johnson Fri May 06, 2016 11:05 am

Me too Fred, I always look around to see whats new, but don't post much.
duke.johnson
duke.johnson
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  KariFS Fri May 06, 2016 12:51 pm

balogh wrote:I had 50cc scooters some 35 years ago and that was my last ride on a bike except bicycles that I ride each summer around lake Balaton in Hungary I. E 204km in 1 day taking13 hours beer and pee stops included..

That CB350 is also my first motorcycle since my teen years. First at 14 I had a moped, then at 16 I got a licence for a 125cc. I had a 1973 Honda CB125, a 4-stroke twin, a lot like the 350 (which is also a '73) but smaller in every way. 15hp vs the 36hp on the 350. Never had a bike since I turned 18 and got the licence for a car. I've had this Honda for maybe 5 or 6 years, it was partially cosmetically restored by a previous owner and I have been slowly improving the mechanical areas. Still some work to do but it runs quite reliably and handles OK for what it is. It is registered as an "antique" so it must be kept in original condition. I have thought about going and test riding a newer bike some time, just to see how things have developed.

Wow, 204km in a day on a bicycle Warm More than I have ridden in the past decade lol!
KariFS
KariFS
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down