Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register! Guests are limited to posting in the "General Questions (Guest Posting Allowed)" section only. Becoming a member is fast, easy and FREE!


Log in

I forgot my password

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Cox Engine of The Month
November-2017
MauricioB's

"Cox Tee Dee .010"



PAST WINNERS
Speed Contest 2018
CEF Traveling Engine

Gallery


Win This Engine!
The Traveling Prop
World of Aviation

Venturi thread Tee Dee .020 ???

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Venturi thread Tee Dee .020 ???

Post  getback on Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:34 am

Hello Friend ! Yes i am a Mechanic of small engines now , did cars earlier in life till the computer set in and point setters were not needed Laughing I enjoy your work cause people now a days are mostly parts replacers that are in the business Rolling Eyes My body just dont do what i am telling it like it use to , but still pital in the work and showing my son how to FIX things . Babe Bee .049
avatar
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

Posts : 4272
Join date : 2013-01-18
Age : 60
Location : julian, n.c.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Venturi thread Tee Dee .020 ???

Post  MauricioB on Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:32 am

getback wrote:Hello Friend ! Yes i am a Mechanic of small engines now , did cars earlier in life till the computer set in and point setters were not needed Laughing I enjoy your work cause people now a days are mostly parts replacers that are in the business Rolling Eyes  My body just dont do what i am telling it like it use to , but still pital in the work and showing my son how to FIX things . Babe Bee .049

That's good what you tell me !, and even better that you give your son all your experience.
My grandfather was a mechanic, what is called here: heavy machinery, that is to say, machine builders, bulldozers, mechanical shovels, he worked in a road construction company and towards machinery mechanics.
Later in his retirement, already in his house in a shed followed with the mechanics, but of small machines-
Here is an old picture of my grandfather, working on the block of a motor, in a corner of the workshop.

avatar
MauricioB
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 1162
Join date : 2016-02-16
Age : 46

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Venturi thread Tee Dee .020 ???

Post  RknRusty on Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:11 pm

Yes, figure it out and fix it right the first time. Though automotive mechanics was my hobby, electromechanical machinery was my career. We had so many technicians that would just throw parts at a problem hoping one would stick. Rolling Eyes

I finally developed a troubleshooting course for them to go through to learn how to think. And these guys had AS. degrees. I liked to hire ex-military techs. Those fellows usually knew how to trace a problem back from "what" to "why. "
Master-Tech Rusty

_________________
Don't Panic!
...and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!


My Hot Rock & Blues Playlist
avatar
RknRusty
Moderator

Posts : 10437
Join date : 2011-08-10
Age : 61
Location : South Carolina, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Venturi thread Tee Dee .020 ???

Post  1/2A Nut on Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:14 pm

avatar
1/2A Nut
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2013-10-20
Age : 54
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Venturi thread Tee Dee .020 ???

Post  MauricioB on Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:10 pm


Brad, buddy, yeah! I have seen this set and ask Mr. Matt, I just hope that my contact is at the end of the month in the USA and I can then place an order!
Thank you for your collaboration! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
avatar
MauricioB
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 1162
Join date : 2016-02-16
Age : 46

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Venturi thread Tee Dee .020 ???

Post  MauricioB on Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:17 pm

RknRusty wrote:Yes, figure it out and fix it right the first time. Though automotive mechanics was my hobby, electromechanical machinery was my career. We had so many technicians that would just throw parts at a problem hoping one would stick. Rolling Eyes

I finally developed a troubleshooting course for them to go through to learn how to think. And these guys had AS. degrees. I liked to hire ex-military techs. Those fellows usually knew how to trace a problem back from "what" to "why. "
Master-Tech Rusty

Hello Rusty, how are you? .... I think I understand what he wants to tell me.
The solutions here and also in many places, when a generation of people get used to calling a cell or phone number and have a solution, is part of just solving a problem, but when there are no resources and only with what one counts It is with the ingenuity of its own, that's where the brain starts up and ideas come up!
avatar
MauricioB
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 1162
Join date : 2016-02-16
Age : 46

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Venturi thread Tee Dee .020 ???

Post  1/2A Nut on Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:14 pm

Ok great I wanted to make sure you get a chance to buy one before they sell out. Very Happy

Matt has came through with the die I needed to thread the G-Mark .030 carb.

Small Cox Logo Thank you Matt!!!!! Small Cox Logo











Small Cox Logo

I need ask Kris to make a me a header pipe that blocks the front exhaust vent but not the rear vent. Cool
avatar
1/2A Nut
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2013-10-20
Age : 54
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Venturi thread Tee Dee .020 ???

Post  MauricioB on Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:35 pm

1/2A Nut wrote:Ok great I wanted to make sure you get a chance to buy one before they sell out. Very Happy

Matt has came through with the die I needed to thread the G-Mark .030 carb.

Small Cox Logo Thank you Matt!!!!! Small Cox Logo











Small Cox Logo

I need ask Kris to make a me a header pipe that blocks the front exhaust vent but not the rear vent. Cool

What a beautiful work, my friend! How much I wish I could be more serca to access accessories and pieces !!!, but hey, here we have to row and look at the screen of the pc as when child looked at a stained glass and could not access some product there exposed! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Friend, again thank you! What carb you have placed there?
avatar
MauricioB
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 1162
Join date : 2016-02-16
Age : 46

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Venturi thread Tee Dee .020 ???

Post  MauricioB on Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:41 pm

Have you seen this video Brad ?, this is a 010, but I do not know what carb has placed this person there?

avatar
MauricioB
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 1162
Join date : 2016-02-16
Age : 46

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Venturi thread Tee Dee .020 ???

Post  1/2A Nut on Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:49 am

Thank you, it is a G-Mark .03 RC carb. Yes I have seen that video = )

I will bench test the engine with a stock 4.5x2 prop this weekend to reference performance.









avatar
1/2A Nut
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2013-10-20
Age : 54
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Venturi thread Tee Dee .020 ???

Post  FlyingCox on Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:05 am

Wow that is really cool! I'm thinking about modifying a sure start (in case I mess it up) with an actual carb on the choke tube.
avatar
FlyingCox
Moderate Poster
Moderate Poster

Posts : 29
Join date : 2017-03-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Venturi thread Tee Dee .020 ???

Post  1/2A Nut on Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:22 pm



Uploaded on Mar 11, 2017 Small Cox Logo

TD .020 with RC Carb Cox 4.5Dx2P Prop
G-Mark .030 RC carb threaded to aluminum carb body
Cox muffler, aluminum back plate, 1 shim, Cox 4.5Dx2P prop
17,472 best read open exhaust / 16.1k with muffler 8k idle.
Fuel tank was too elevated to be an ideal setup.
SPI cylinder needs to be shimmed. Stock muffler is restrictive
but nice and quite. A machined header for muffler options would
be a big treat.
avatar
1/2A Nut
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2013-10-20
Age : 54
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Venturi thread Tee Dee .020 ???

Post  MauricioB on Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:58 pm

1/2A Nut wrote:

 Uploaded on Mar 11, 2017 Small Cox Logo

TD .020 with RC Carb Cox 4.5Dx2P Prop
G-Mark .030 RC carb threaded to aluminum carb body
Cox muffler, aluminum back plate, 1 shim, Cox 4.5Dx2P prop
17,472 best read open exhaust / 16.1k with muffler 8k idle.
Fuel tank was too elevated to be an ideal setup.
SPI cylinder needs to be shimmed. Stock muffler is restrictive
but nice and quite. A machined header for muffler options would
be a big treat.

Hello, how are you? .... I like how the engine is armed, if you put a picture of your work next month, I'm going to vote for you friend! I value everything you bring in information, experience, and also dump the data , That is very useful and I thank you very much for your attitude.
Brad, the new aluminum body carter does not have the pin that has the plastic, which holds the spring, if you place a spring, you have to hold it differently right? I do not know if you understand what I mean..
avatar
MauricioB
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 1162
Join date : 2016-02-16
Age : 46

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Venturi thread Tee Dee .020 ???

Post  1/2A Nut on Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:24 pm

Thank you, yes I understand there is a simple way to
keep the spring in place. I used enamel coated magnet
wire used for winding motors. See pic for reference.

avatar
1/2A Nut
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2013-10-20
Age : 54
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Venturi thread Tee Dee .020 ???

Post  MauricioB on Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:35 am

1/2A Nut wrote:Thank you, yes I understand there is a simple way to
keep the spring in place. I used enamel coated magnet
wire used for winding motors. See pic for reference.


Ahh agree !, You use an enameled copper wire to hold it !, perfect I will keep it in mind!
Thanks again! Thumbs Up
avatar
MauricioB
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 1162
Join date : 2016-02-16
Age : 46

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Venturi thread Tee Dee .020 ???

Post  1/2A Nut on Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:56 am

Yes works good the enamel seems to protect the anodizing no rub wear.

I had to back cut the carb like the cox carbs in order to clear the muffler.
Also removed the extra hole in the throttle arm and replace the flat head
screw with a hex bolt and one on the spinner.

Shown with a cut down 4.5x2 to 3.7x2 The engine sings with a faster
throttle response. Like adding a square tipped 5x3 on a .049 you notice
the extra rpm over the 6x3.



Small Cox Logo
avatar
1/2A Nut
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2013-10-20
Age : 54
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Venturi thread Tee Dee .020 ???

Post  1/2A Nut on Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:28 pm

Also check out these efforts.






Small Cox Logo RC Plane
avatar
1/2A Nut
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2013-10-20
Age : 54
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Venturi thread Tee Dee .020 ???

Post  MauricioB on Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:13 am

1/2A Nut wrote:Also check out these efforts.






Small Cox Logo   RC Plane

My friend like these ?, it is always a pleasure to share videos and information with you, very good videos! Beer Cheers
avatar
MauricioB
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Posts : 1162
Join date : 2016-02-16
Age : 46

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Venturi thread Tee Dee .020 ???

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum