Cox Engines Forum
You are not logged in! Please login or register.

Logged in members see NO ADVERTISEMENTS!

The "box"...  Cox_ba12

The "box"...  Pixel

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Happy Anzac Day!
by Admin Today at 5:50 pm

» Fox .35 Modifications
by Onelife Today at 4:34 pm

» Project Cox .049 r/c & Citabrian Champion
by MauricioB Today at 4:08 pm

» Jim Walkers FireBee - This is going to be fun
by rsv1cox Today at 3:56 pm

» Revivng Some Childhood Classics
by rsv1cox Today at 7:17 am

» Introducing our Cox .049 TD Engines
by getback Today at 6:20 am

» Roddie's flat-bottomed boat..
by Levent Suberk Today at 12:23 am

» Cox powered jet-pump for model Sprint Boat
by roddie Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Micro Draco Gets to Fly on a Beautiful Morning.
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Jim Walker Firebaby
by rdw777 Yesterday at 8:06 pm

» Hydro-bat by Vic Smeed: engine probs
by GallopingGhostler Yesterday at 5:12 pm

» Roddie-Rigger.. a 2005 original design
by roddie Yesterday at 3:39 pm

Cox Engine of The Month
April-2024
OVERLORD's

"Kress ducted fan with new Cox Conquest 15 RC"

PAST WINNERS
CEF Traveling Engine

Win This Engine!
Gallery

The "box"...  Empty
Live on Patrol

The "box"...

Go down

The "box"...  Empty The "box"...

Post  roddie Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:26 pm

We all have models that break.. or models that are in "repair/rebuild-status".. as well as models that have been given to us in pieces for one reason or another. Maybe they weren't finished... or were modified.

"My box" contains a little of each.. along with "nostalgic-carnage".. that I can't seem to part with. Mine is a small box that originally contained copy-paper. I opened it this afternoon to access some old airplane parts.  

The "box"...  Dsc04421

Anything  that's put in the box is reasonably safe from harm.. or being lost/misplaced. Some stuff is in bags.. marked with the contents. I'm a bit mental about these things.. but that's just the way I am..

I have an airplane that I really want to fly again.. but I removed all the hardware to repaint it several years ago. I think the paint is cured enough now to put it back together..  Shocked

The "box"...  Barbie10

This was originally built in 1992.. and is my own design. I did my first loop and inverted flight with this model. It had a Cox Golden Bee engine on it originally.. and was later flown with a product-engine with a small wedge-tank.

Here's the parts-bag that's been sealed for decades.. It's time to put it back together now.

The "box"...  Dsc04422
The "box"...  Dsc04423

You may have seen this model previously with "snow-skis" mounted.. but shown are the original wheels for it.. including a tail-wheel with hole to accept the pin on my launching-stooge. Those wheels were penny-items that I found at a craft-store. They're "spoked" made of tin with a rubber-tube-tire and had a hub that could be bushed to fit a music-wire axle. A few of my airplanes used them. They were lightweight.. yet strong.

The "box"...  Wheels10
The "box"...  Dsc02210
The "box"...  Dsc02211

Here's a photo with the snow-skis.. although I've never flown it with them.

The "box"...  Barbie11

I don't recall the flap/elev differential.. but maybe that will reveal itself when I install the horns/pushrods? There are no clevis's in the linkage.. so as long as the flaps/elev are neutral when the linkage is reinstalled.. it should fly as it used to.. I hope. Laughing
roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

The "box"...  Empty Re: The "box"...

Post  getback Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:55 am

Roddie , make sure those plastic controls are in good shape ! nothing worse than a control failure !! Small Cox Logo
getback
getback
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

2023 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredvon4 Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:18 am

Yep do that.... I have unused nylon control horns that have never been used in 25~35 years and are now too brittle to consider

Boy I sure wish I had ONLY ONE such box..... grin

Note to self ---pull down one or more "BOX" just to see and remember all the stashed away parts
fredvon4
fredvon4
Top Poster
Top Poster

2022 Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  roddie Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:43 pm

fredvon4 wrote:Yep do that.... I have unused nylon control horns that have never been used in 25~35 years and are now too brittle to consider

Boy I sure wish I had ONLY ONE such box..... grin

Note to self ---pull down one or more "BOX" just to see and remember all the stashed away parts

Phred.. have you pulled down some of those boxes yet? You will find things you forgot about.. possibly stuff that you've been searching for. I'm one to talk.. Rolling Eyes I don't have "just one box".. believe me. The box I opened yesterday had parts for the orange "Barbie" airplane in it.. which I needed. It also has a retired Cox PT-19 fuse.. and a bag that contains a prop, tank and wheels for a Jr. Ringmaster that's set-up to receive an old steel-fin Fox .15.... for when I source the correct fuel to run it. There's also a bag that contains Guillows plastic-parts for the old "corner-store" free-flight balsa model kits.. rubber-powered and gliders. There's even a set of struts for a biplane-glider. I think they all used 1/32" sheet-balsa for the wings.

The "box"...  My_fre10

I have several other boxes that contain parts for model-projects; mostly model-boat stuff.. but one box has parts for a JRM-2 Martin-Mars "flying-boat" that I started 15+ years ago. CNC-machined aluminum, foam and plastic parts from when I had access to a CNC router-machine. It's to be a stand-off scale 48" wingspan RC model. A retirement modeling-project.. if I survive that long..

roddie
roddie
Top Poster
Top Poster

http://www.stilburnin.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum